2011.05.19 Jury Selection DAY TEN (Morning Session)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope JB's wife delivered a healthy baby. I don't nec. like JB as a lawyer, but I hope his new baby and mom are happy & healthy.

I think Judge P decided to talk to more so that we don't stay perpetually at 11. IDK.

That really ticks me off to no end!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is annoying but I think HHJP is thinking of the jurors - if the Defense strikes - and he doesn't have any alternates, he has to send them away and then call them back when they get to 12 again and so on.

I was happy to hear that they had access to more PJs than the 15 or so they had.

When the court goes quiet, I can still hear background noise. Does anyone know what that is? There's a lady talking.

Is the stinky squirrel striking at midnight? If so, remain seated!

Thank You, I thought I was the only one there for a second....his Sister committed a crime, tied up her parents and robbed them.....the family is all lovy dovy now, they couldn't be MORE PROUD of Sis...

It scream THE ANTHONYS....to me

Yes, but...the family DID prosecute; they held her responsible. Besides, it wasn't murder.

Doesn't HHJP call the juror back in after no challenges to tell them to heed his previous information not to listen to or read any information about the case?

Do we still have grandma visiting / baseball ticket guy?

Just getting in, what did I miss? I walk into a seal. Guessing we have 12?? Any word or more clue as to the departure of Baez yesterday??

WDBO AM 580 WDBO
Robyn Walensky reports THERE ARE FINALLY 12 JURORS IN CASEY ANTHONY CASE

Thank You, I thought I was the only one there for a second....his Sister commited a crime, tied up her parents and robbed them.....the family is all lovy dovy now, they couldnt be MORE PROUD of Sis...

It scream THE ANTHONYS....to me
I completely disagree. Maybe the sister got her life together and is doing well now.

During my time as a crime novelist, I've interviewed people like the sister, who did terrible things in the past but are living good, honest lives now and contribute positively to society.

If his sister was rehabilitated, then the family should be proud.

My opinions...

10 left, but they will call in more from the jury pool that is there today if they have to... from what I understand?

9 left

we had 15 yesterday and already struck 5 today and retained 1.

3310 retained (#12)
Excused for cause: Seat 57, #3025 (Hardship)
Excused for cause: Seat 59, #3317 (Hardship)
Excused for cause: Seat 62, #3340 (Hardship)
Excused for cause: Seat 65, #3309 (Hardship)
Excused for cause: 3131 (ICA Guilty)

Does anyone know if (because there are no new jurors for tomorrow) can Your Honour call in more for Saturday in case we don't have enough alternates?

Thanks!

Mel
I think what he meant is if both sides want to start fresh with more there are some called for other cases in the courthouse today... and they do not report on fridays.. so if they want more to pick from they need to decide by lunch whether they want any of these new folks presently in the courthouse...

((they of course will have to do reading of the indictment, hardship, etc))

I think HCJP wanted the recess to have the other 11 called back in so they will be there ready to swear in when there is 13, because DT only has one strike left......MO

I like the way you think!! :wink:

I wonder how Casey feels when at recess everyone gets up and goes on with life and she just sits there looking around for someone to babysit her.

I think Judge P decided to talk to more so that we don't stay perpetually at 11. IDK.

I'm noticing a little smirk on HHJP face whenever we reach 12 and HE KNOWS something could/would/will hapen to delay...think he is tired of bringing in the possible jurors just to have them sit and wait...unlike the atty's and the def they do have other things to do....He at least tries to be respectful of their lives....:fence:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member