2011.05.19 Sidebar Thread (Jury Selection Day Ten)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I did not word my post correctly. I know LKB is NOT really 'working' on the DT now but she seems like she is working undercover for them the way she talks on these shows. She is like a mouthpiece for them. She made my blood boil just a bit just now actually, inferring that the state's case is ALL based upon junk science and nothing more. imoo

Ohh thank you Katy, I was ready to tell you to snap out of it LMAO! :floorlaugh:

So you're saying they tried to cover up an accidental death to make it look like a crime? :waitasec: Now really, who would buy that?

Child neglect made to look like a crime? Maybe. But I still wouldn't buy it simply because I can't imagine a loving parent or grandparent being so cruel and so callous to wrap the baby's face in duct tape and then toss baby into the woods for months on end. There's also the trunk issue. I can't see George allowing the child to be in the trunk knowing decomp would set in. Can't see him allowing the car to go to the towyard with that awful stench. A cop would have known to ditch the car somehow, run it into a swamp, perhaps? Someplace where it wouldn' be found until the whole thing was rusty and stinky from the swamp waters.

No, I'm not buying an accident and coverup. No way, no how.

And if it were an accident, made to look like a crime, there is no way to explain the THREE pieces of duct tape on a babies mouth. One would have been enough! Also, I do not think that Casey, if this was an accident, would have placed Caylee in GARBAGE bags and Caylee would not have been wearing the shirt that says "Big Trouble Comes in Small Packages."

Could they get a delay for that?

No, no way. HHJP would be steaming mad if they tried to get a delay based off not being well prepared. HHJP already made a comment about how they have more people sitting on their side than the SA does.

HELP!

I had to leave unexpectedly STAT!

Somebody please give me an update on what happened post-lunch, please.

Pretty please. :bateyes:

at 1330 hhjp brought in 30 new people and read an abbreviated indictment at the suggestion of the defense. After open questioning only 9 or 10 remained from hardship. These were sent home

we got our last member of the 16... 3281 an info systems granny which the defense objected to on cause but it was denied

we now have 16!!! that means we have our 12! (only 4 total strikes left.. )

two additional women were brought in 3178 was against the dp and stricken for cause.. and 3175 was stricken because she thought Casey was guilty

at wrap up/housekeeping the defense team threatened to delay the trial because they didn't know the ORDER in which the state would call their witnesses... HHJP called their bluff..... said there is no menu.. they can call them as they want to in what order they want to. The dt is very unprepared.

hope that helps

Okay, I missed it, so now that we're at the sidebar... can someone tell me how ICA reacted when they brought in this last group of PJs to read the charges? Was it the same boo-hooing routine that only happens when she's feeling sorry for herself? Did she manage to squeeze out a real tear? TIA

she got all puffy and huffy and wrung her hands and hung her head and and. Not a tear today - she's over it. but she did work herself up for awhile - entertaining.

I'm looking forward to, but dreading open statements. I don't know how the jurors, after hearing the SA, are not going to form an opinion right then and there. Just the few sentences he uttered that one time when he was describing what happened to Caylee made me bawl. I'm going to be a mess by the time he's done on Monday (hopefully, if there are no more delays).

Good grief, LKB ex-attorney of ICA annoys the pee out of me! She is dreaming if she thinks that the jury selection will be ICA's appeals issue. Not gonna happen cause HHJBP is no idiot and followed the law. His way of doing it is not unusual for the state of Fla., and not uncommon in death penalty cases. recently they chose a jury for another dp case in 1 1/2 weeks.

OMG - Amy a caller on HLN is saying she is the only person on the planet that thinks Casey is innocent. She says Roy Kronk did it. :eek: Vinnie cut her off! :lol:

OMG Are you hearing this woman on HLN ..Thinks Casey is innocent and Kronk is involved WTH

I am such a grammar geek. I was like do their demonstratives? Why does the SA need NG to do their demonstrative pronouns? Took a minute to realize you were sooooo not talking about that, LOL!

LMAO...although that might work too! lol

Typically each side exchanges a list of exhibits they might possibly introduce into evidence. Doesn't mean they will be admitted, but what they "MIGHT" use. Once you get that list you begin to try to figure out what the other side will use as their exhibits for each witness and then try to form a plan on how you want to cross and if you want to introduce your own exhibits for that witness. The same goes for any of your own witnesses. The should be preparing outlines and exhibits galore.

Their notebooks and preparation should have been ongoing for weeks if not months due to the large scale of this trial. If they aren't prepared now a few days before trial they are in a HEAP load of you know what.

If that was beyond them, I'd have thought they would have been carrying a numerical log listing of what is in each file and where it is.

I am having horrific visions of Finnell or Mason jogging to one or both of those little rooms and frantically going through boxes - just making the files an even worse mess, :banghead: - while the witness sits in the box, waiting and we sit here screaming and pounding on our screens....:crazy:

at 1330 hhjp brought in 30 new people and read an abbreviated indictment at the suggestion of the defense. After open questioning only 9 or 10 remained from hardship. These were sent home

we got our last member of the 16... 3281 an info systems granny which the defense objected to on cause but it was denied

we now have 16!!! that means we have our 12! (only 4 total strikes left.. )

two additional women were brought in 3178 was against the dp and stricken for cause.. and 3175 was stricken because she thought Casey was guilty

at wrap up/housekeeping the defense team threatened to delay the trial because they didn't know the ORDER in which the state would call their witnesses... HHJP called their bluff..... said there is no menu.. they can call them as they want to in what order they want to. The dt is very unprepared.

hope that helps

You forgot the lawyer that was a PJ who apparently didn't understand the instructions and didn't come back from lunch, lol. He came back later and then was excused. Apparently lawyers don't want to touch this case as jurors either!

OMG - Amy a caller on HLN is saying she is the only person on the planet that thinks Casey is innocent. She says Roy Kronk did it. :eek: Vinnie cut her off! :lol:

I yelled at TV YES!

I'm looking forward to, but dreading open statements. I don't know how the jurors, after hearing the SA, are not going to form an opinion right then and there. Just the few sentences he uttered that one time when he was describing what happened to Caylee made me bawl. I'm going to be a mess by the time he's done on Monday (hopefully, if there are no more delays).

I've been thinking the same thing, myself. It's been a long time coming, and I'm glad the time is finally here, but I know hearing it all again, many of us are going to be basket cases. I'll be hiding my tears beind dark glasses at work, I know.

Not unless she's returned recently....

I was too angry to express myself correctly. She is NOT part of the defense formally, BUT she is speaking for them to sway the public, imo.

Like I said I don't know, they could say anything, but any lesser charge would be acceptable for the DT.

I don't know, but I do know when the jurors hear 31 days, dead body in car smell, body found at pet cemetery in bags, with duct tape, that is that.

I wasn't attacking your statement, I hope you know. I was attacking any plot the defense hands out. I just don't see anyway the As could be held responsible and come out smelling like a rose. Covering up their granddaughter's murder at that moment? Help cover for Casey at the time of death? Doing the deed themselves? Nope, don't see it.

I do see them covering for Casey after the fact. Although I do admit, I think they all lied about the events of late June 15th and June 16th. :waitasec:

Um, I don't know what is going on behind the scenes, and the schedule is askew now b/c of jury selection, but I think everyone needs a schedule of witnesses.

Sounds like there may be the time issues, getting people places from all over the Coast.

that wasn't the point as I understood it... the DT wanted the order the state has their witnesses testifying!!! (the state I am sure has already coordinated their flights etc)... HHJP said they do NOT have to give the ORDER...

moo

Every time I hear them say "demonstrative" I always process it as the monster did it.

Not kidding!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member