2011.05.20 Jury Selection DAY ELEVEN (Afternoon Session)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm actually crying. When I think back to July 2008 and the first time I heard the name Caylee Anthony and now we're in the home stretch. Finally she will get the justice she deserves.

Thank you, Jose Baez, for getting Judge Strickland to recuse himself. Judge Perry is going to make sure this is NEVER overturned on appeal. IMO, it was the first of many mistakes on the part of the defense team.

:lol:

When CM & JB Vigorously Objected there were giggles in the courtroom. My DH was kind enough to remind me that it is a line from My Cousin Vinny! :laughcry: :lol:

Let me give a hand to the court personnel in Pinellas County,they were super and so professional in demeanor and appearance. I hope Orange county has looked at this learned a few things. JMHO :takeabow: :takeabow: :gthanks::tyou:

I was hoping they could bring that deputy that has been standing behind Casey for most of the proceedings to Orlando. :floorlaugh: I don't think Casey likes her.

thanks so much for those who have posted during these jury selections.
it is so intreasting to see how things are done over there so different from the uk.

I didn't think he was going to be able to pull it off, way to go JP!

I bow down to him!!! We are NOT WORTY!!!! My faith has been renewed. Thank you GOD for HHJP!!!!

My mercy I am just a freakin mess any one else just sobbing right now????

Not sobbing but my heart is aching and there are tears of happiness for sweet Caylee and also for new friends found here that understand my feelings for a little girl I never met. You guys are my rock for this trial :)

Cheers to new friends

HHJP: you may discuss generic household things. how long you will be gone. you must not disclose your thoughts about this case. you must not use electronic...blogging, tweeting, posting on website or chatroom. do not send or accept any messages to or from anyone about this case. Must not do research, no maps names. this includes reading the newspaper, viewing news casts, using internet, cell phone or electronic device or the people or places involved in this case. At court house or at home or anywhere else. If you become aware of a violation of these instructions give a note to the deputy. Your cell phones will be given back to you for important matters. Do not speak in detail, you must end any convo should anyone communicate anything to you about the case. You may not use you phone for anything other than verbal. You may bring books, you may not bring book that relates to case. If you are in doubt choose a different book.

Lunch and dinner provided, you need cash that you want to keep in your room. Shop for you. Opportunity to receive jury pay in cash or by check. There is a prohibition against electronic devices. Some have a online course, you can do that. Twitter, social media is prohibited. No sharing info about this case, verbally or any other way. You are able to keep personal gaming devices. You can keep portable media such as a mp player or kindle. the divices cannot connect to outside media. any media stored on the media will not relate to the case. any unique emergancy should be brought to the attention to the deputies such that proper action can be taken. I will meet with you in the back as a group where you will be given information packets. Talk about your departure date. Any additional state? defense?

meet you in the back. go with court deputy.

:bump: Because the thread is moving fast. The jury was sworn in, and then the judge went back to give further instruction as to their travel plans from where they are to Orlando.

[FONT=&quot]JUROR RECAP #1398[/FONT][FONT=&quot]- Female, 68 years old.

Pretrial Publicity: *Has not followed the case closely, but is aware of it. *Doesn't get the newspaper at home, doesn't read news on the internet. *Watches Bay News 9 in the mornings sometimes, and CNN occasionally. *Has heard "blurbs" about the case, but doesn't remember much of what she's saw/heard since it was in 2008. *Doesn't watch HLN, Nancy Grace, Geraldo, etc. *Hasn't formed any opinion on the case- believes she can be unbiased. *Hasn't seen any of the state attorneys or defense attorneys on TV. *Not worried about post-trial media attention.

Death Penalty Stance: For it. *Says "I value life and I also value our criminal justice system". *Doesn't have strong feelings one way or another. *Says she "accepts the fact that there are times it has to be done." *Doesn't necessarily think the DP is wrong, depending on the circumstances. *Doesn't belong to any religious group or political group but says her "faith is very strong". *Very decisive- wouldn't let jurors sway her and wouldn't sway them. *Would consider abuse, behavior, age, family history, brain developmental problems, maturity, all as mitigating circumstances.

Misc.: *Works as a crisis counselor (has for 35 years). *Prior to that, she was a pediatric nurse in a hospital setting. *Has to set aside her own feelings/opinions/frustrations on a daily basis for her job. *Turns 68 years old next week. *Has vacationed to Orlando (Disney)-never lived there. *Has been on a jury 2 other times (both criminal cases- 1 murder trial of a teenager/drug deal gone bad and 1 drug dealer case) one in FL and one in NY. *Doesn't know any crime victims. *Has smelled a decomposing body before (been present at bedside deaths during her hospital career and had to transport bodies to the morgue). *Never been involved in any civil or litigation cases/trials.

Family: *Married. *2 children and 3 grandchildren. *Grandchildren live out of state (NY)-only sees them twice a year. [/FONT]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy89