2011.05.20 Jury Selection DAY ELEVEN (Afternoon Session)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I bet the SA's will use one of their strikes on that guy since they couldn't strike him for cause.

ICA still laughing and cutting up with Lisabeth Fryer during the break.... she's having a grand ole' time in court today!!

A brief moment of humor to lighten the stress....

DH has a habit of using chewing tobacco one in a while (not often but often enough).I hate it.......I nag about it....I have to remind him not to leave his spittle bottle or cup behind.

Well, found him using it, made a comment about losing his jaw and walked out of the room. He followed me.

Well.....he went back to the other room, thought he was grabbing a bottle of water....and took a swig. GUESS WHAT????

KARMA popped in for a little hello. He didn't laugh nearly as hard as I did. Hmmmmmm...maybe it's hard to laugh while you dry heave.

That my friends, was worth more than any lecture I could ever hope to impart again.

Vinnie on IS saying they may not get any alternates today . . . 4 strikes total (1 def) and then go from 19 to 15 . . . then if each side gets strikes on the alternates . . . only 3 alternate strikes total and they have no alternates.

I think she is stating Florida law, where LWOP means just that. In other states you can get LWOP and not actually die in jail. It escapes me now, but there is a state that has 30 years as 'life' ... after that you can get parole (every 2,5,10 years)

Life means there can be a parole down the line.

Life Without Parole means exactly what it says. No parole. Life in prison.

LWOP isn't confusing.

Life is much more confusing. It's not even an issue in this case.

To circumvent the possibility of parole, instead of senctencing someone to Life in Prison, I've seen where people were given 99 years, no parole. Odd but true.

Hi all. Been away from the computer all day. See I missed some kind of "crazy" action earlier. It always happens when I am away! Do we have a jury yet? I've got to run again, but will check in tonight.

Happy sleuthing.

Okay, had to make a school run so want to make sure that I have everything correct. We added 4013 and 4192 to the alternate spots so that makes our count at 20 right now? Are there 2 left to question before the swearing in?

Thanks so much!!!

What could possibly be funny enough for ICA to laugh during jury selection for her first degree murder trail where she is facing the death penalty for premeditated murder of her 2 year old little girl? I mean really, if it were me and I was proclaiming innocence...I wouldn't be able to stop crying let alone think something was funny. Also, it's completely disrespectful to the VICTIM that the defense attorneys are making jokes. I am not impressed!

I concur. Not to mention that these p jurors have to be proffessional, but you just know that they are thinking the same thing. ICA thinks she's making herself more likeable by snickering etc. but I think she's doing the exact opposite. Most of them have noted her behavior, and have at the very least formed an opinion on her lack of empathy. MO and all that jazz...

Either I'm slap happy from no sleep due to working all day and watching InSession all night, but I'm histerical over this one. Thanks for the laugh! OMG, too funny!! You guys are the bestest!! :floorlaugh:

(should note....I don't waste brain cells on that program....thankfully neither do my kids....):floorlaugh:

Not too sure about that juror... too much eye batting going on there. Lots in common, he's 25 and no bills, no responsibilities and still lives at home. Sounds like KCs life.

i think he'd be qualified as a juror of her peers and not all 25 with no bills, living with their parents are like her... he has a job and work history that's real. jmo

So we have 19 people. Does anyone see a swearing coming in?

Not if the SA uses their 3 remaining strikes.
(we know the DT will use their 1)

If they did we would only have 3 left to be alternates and that is before strikes.

I guess will see how badly the SA want to go to trial with these jurors.

Well, we know the defense is going to strike the one woman from yesterday who works with the State, Public Defenders Office, Sheriffs Office, etc...

It's too bad that the State doesn't pull a stinger on the defense and use a strike first on one of the 12... let JB use his strike on one of the 12 and then that woman slides into the 12th spot and the defense has no more strikes left? I don't know if the State wants the first guy (alternate) on the jury of 12 though?

OMG! I misread your post and had to reread it. I read that "you were working on a fling". LOL. I need a break.

you think that's bad, I read your post, read the quoted post, thought to myself what do you mean?? it DOES say fling...oh, wait...

OMG I have to read al the Afternoon pages.. I fell asleep before lunch break and slept hard and just woke up with my face in Dorito chips I kid you not

kc and bff are awfully giggly tis afternoon . . .

I don't know...a good question though. Two months is a long time for anyone, but espescially for a young man who only sees ICA gazing at him everyday. Just saying...

We also didn't get that creepy joke from mason about being away from a girl....creeps me out stilllll;lllllll

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV