2011.05.20 Jury Selection DAY ELEVEN (Afternoon Session)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is ICA allowed to text?? What is going on????

Okay guys..I chose to think positive now..There is no reason to expect SA to use all their strikes (4)..which even if an alternate strike by DT happens, would leave enough alternates...Maybe they will bring in half dozen PJ's for tomorrow morning??..

Bottomline...Lets think positive :great::woohoo::innocent:

From what I understood yesterday there is no more PJs to question after this one....this is it!

I think the camera person wants to know what ICA has in her lap, too.

please... Refrain from quoting posts that contain name-calling or disparaging references. The appropriate response to such a post is to hit the alert button, and move along.

I wonder if there will be a delay? motion???????

So everytime the judge has to excuse for cause because of the PJ being Anti-DP, it gives the DT more ammunition for their appeals, based upon some case the judge keeps citing. THAT MAKES ME NERVOUS.

It has been at least 3, maybe more African American jurors released bhecause of their anti-DP position, and the DT objects 'on the record' to preserve for appeal, every time.

I think it is a standard objection. The DT has been doing that every time not just for PJ's of any particular kind.

Could be maybe raidford is a male max prison. I know that Raiford though has a reputation that even criminals do not want to be housed there. :floorlaugh:

I think it's Lowell. There are 2 women there now, but we just added a new one today!

Lowell Correctional Institution

1. Tiffany Cole - awaiting execution
2. Emilia Carr - awaiting execution
3. Margaret Allen (sentenced yesterday)
4. ICA :)

ETA: My bad. There seems to be a Lowell Correctional Institution and a Lowell Annex. Margaret and Emilia are there, and Tiffany is at LCI. I would assume ICA would go to Annex since LCI is now showing as "CLOSED".http://www.dc.state.fl.us/oth/deathrow/women.html

You have to go to the bottom of the page to see the women currently on death row. Margaret doesn't show up yet (prolly since she was sentenced yesterday). She is showing up on Vinelink though.

MOO

Mel

Even if 1 alternate is okay legally, I can't imagine it is ever a good idea in this sort of a trial. The judge might only be hurting the case if he goes with only one.

ICA was not texting, she took some papers from where AF or CM was sitting, placed it on her lap to read. I think she isn't suppose to see them...and hiding it from her attorney's at sidebar...LOL MOO

So what would happen if the SA decides to just roll the dice and take their chances and doesn't use any strikes or challenges???

They are going to have to use one! I believe the defense will use a strike and then the guy who was really indecisive about the DP will move up and they will have to strike him. But that brings in, I believe the woman with all those great credentials? Maybe the defense has already figured this out and won't use a strike?

So everytime the judge has to excuse for cause because of the PJ being Anti-DP, it gives the DT more ammunition for their appeals, based upon some case the judge keeps citing. THAT MAKES ME NERVOUS.

It has been at least 3, maybe more African American jurors released bhecause of their anti-DP position, and the DT objects 'on the record' to preserve for appeal, every time.

No, these things will not be in an appeal. Even if JB writes the appeal (let's hope not) this is not a legal error on the Judge's behalf. Anti-DP on behalf of a juror is not an appellate issue. Judge errors are. It does not matter race, race is not to be considered when questioning a potential juror.

I think HHBP is giving all final instructions about how this is going to go down . . . preventing a big court interruption to go to sidebar . . . a preventative side-bar if you will.

How many jurors will be sworn in? The last count I had was 19. That would make 12 jurors and 7 alternates.

if they didn't use any strikes... but I think they will use some if not all of them

moo

The bailiffs alone stand to make some good $$$$ if, after this is all said and done; they tell the media what the heck ICA has been writing all this time.

bailiff.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member