2011.05.28 - KC upset during break when CA testifies

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I agree with everyone's interpretations of the tantrum.

Now Casey knows how it FEELS to be snubbed, truly ignored and disposed of. Her parents PLEADED WITH HER ALL THESE YEARS for one glance, one visit, one meaningful word or explanation... and that woman left her family utterly ALONE to deal with their greif and anguish. It's sickening.

I actually thought initially that Casey might be upset because of the pictures being shown.

Perhaps angry that they were showing these "emotional" pictures and upsetting her mother.

Or influencing the jury.

Or making her look bad because it's upsetting her mother, but she isn't as upset and that is influencing the jury.

But I think it's far more likely that is VERY angry... that suddenly Cindy doesn't believe her. After 20 years, NOW her mother doesn't believe her? That has GOT to make her mad...

When CA stepped down from the stand the camera went to KC's face only and I could see KC's eyes boring into something (I figured later..KC was "willing" CA to look at her!) Man! that was all so interesting! I MEAN! KC snubbed her parents for years and today CA returned the favor. Right after the one sided staring thing KC pitched this fit. Imagine, KC has the nerve to "demand" that CA look her in the eyes. Why? so KC can try to control CA with a disapproving look? It's amazing that KC would think she has that type of power. I loved the meltdown!

my take on this"
0:19 (Mother?) hurt me

0:42 (Try/cry/why) now
she believed ..... for 3 years It's nothing ....

How can she not "get it", when JB said GA put his penis in ICA's mouth all bets were off...how can she even think CA could go along with this line of BS. Just shows the extent of the fantasy world ICA lives in.

Didn't her DT warn her that CA/GA weren't on board with this? I find it hard to believe.

I saw her say, "she is going to protect him". It should be noted this conversation is the ONLY time her mouth was not covered by her hand in some form or another.

This was for her "at-home audience" in my humble opinion.

I noted that. Always before she takes very good trouble to cover her mouth when she speaks.

I agree, this was a huge tantrum. This was pure rage on the part of the brat who is not getting her way.

See, I think not looking at her parents was casey's way of punishing them for not selling their home to bail her out initially, for loving Caylee more than her, for being free while she was in jail.

I seem to remember JB trying to kind of tell her she could or should respond in some way to them, like via a small smile. But, she wouldn't for the most part.

Now I think JB just rolled with this. He knew if a jury saw how cruel she was to her own parents, it would upset them and believe me, you can't control a sociopathic client.

So JB decided to find a reason why casey refused to acknowledge her parents, one casey easily adopted because it further punishes her parents. His new defense theory fits perfectly with her icy demeanor.

Either that or casey's icy demeanor was a reflection of the defense they had already been developing way back when. But I kind of think it's the former.

I was watching the "ICA only" camera for most of Cindy's testimony and I can assure you that what got ICA going initially was the pool and garden talk - probably because it blows the defense theory out of the water.

But what enraged ICA was Cindy's crying about Caylee, the bed, the pictures, etc. You could actually see the rage grow and grow, I was sure Baez was going to tell her to cool it but he's trying to be slick for the jury so he didn't or it didn't work - so ICA worked herself up into a right old lather and the kicker was Cindy not looking at ICA on the way out at all.

Cindy gave ICA her biggest clue - she stopped looking for Zany 6 weeks ago and as soon as she said that ICA knew exactly what that meant.

How can she not "get it", when JB said GA put his penis in ICA's mouth all bets were off...how can she even think CA could go along with this line of BS. Just shows the extent of the fantasy world ICA lives in.

Didn't her DT warn her that CA/GA weren't on board with this? I find it hard to believe.

Actually I think it was the other way around. I think ICA assured her DT that CA would for sure go for this new set of lies. iCA was so sure of the hold she had on her mother.

Luckily so far, Caylees hold has been stronger. And I hope that continues.

Agreed. How did she expect CA would act when these accusations were made against her husband and son along with being lied to about the circumstances surrounding Caylee's disappearance and death. (In addition to all the other lies? )

No doubt ICA banked on her family standing by her at ALL costs. She now sees she lost that bet.

Any lip readers here who can translate much of what ICA said?

What I find funny about Casey saying "she's going to protect him" is that in her jail letters, she wrote that she told Cindy about Lee's sexual advances. There was never any mention of her telling Cindy about George. Actually, in her letters, she states that she was just starting to have dreams of George coming into her room as a small child.

Casey is mad because Cindy has always believed her lies before and I think she is not only angry at Cindy, but shocked at Cindy for not covering for her. It has to be a blow to Casey's ego. She is now completely realizing that she has no control when she has been told for three years that she had all the control.

Casey is going to have to take the stand if she wants to get her "story" to the juries ears. No one is going to do it for her...

@ around 49 sec I thought she was saying "she acted like for three years I did nothing"

I was watching the "ICA only" camera for most of Cindy's testimony and I can assure you that what got ICA going initially was the pool and garden talk - probably because it blows the defense theory out of the water.

But what enraged ICA was Cindy's crying about Caylee, the bed, the pictures, etc. You could actually see the rage grow and grow, I was sure Baez was going to tell her to cool it but he's trying to be slick for the jury so he didn't or it didn't work - so ICA worked herself up into a right old lather and the kicker was Cindy not looking at ICA on the way out at all.

Cindy gave ICA her biggest clue - she stopped looking for Zany 6 weeks ago and as soon as she said that ICA knew exactly what that meant.

BBM:

You are exactly right. This was when they were called to JB's office and told of the defense strategy according to the the A's lawyer. I'm glad they are stepping up for what's right but am disappointed that it had to get to this point for them to do it.

I thought it was an excellent display of her narcisisim, and i'm more than sure that there will be an outburst this excellent that will happen in open court, in front of the jury. We just have to wait for it.

correct me if this is wrong, but it happened as her mother walked off the stand, having just been excused, correct?

Well, wouldn't the jury still be sitting there? or was the jury excused before Cindy was?

I didnt see it.

There is a minute also after the camera pans out and ICA's face is above the monitor and it looks like she says "I thought I could trust her to help me and now I can't." Then she tosses her tissue onto the table.

This is all about the loss of control...ICA is pizzled she does not control CA anymore. Look at her tractor beaming eyes at her Mother leaving..."willing" her to look...Momma don't play that no more honey. TANTRUM. Don't you go changing ICA...

She really thought her mom would stand by these new lies just like she's stood behind her on all the old ones. Now Mom is standing by her husband and I'm sure that just fries ICA.

BBM - we can only hope! If anyone has ever deserved to fry it ICA.

Poor Caylee.

Actually I think it was the other way around. I think ICA assured her DT that CA would for sure go for this new set of lies. iCA was so sure of the hold she had on her mother.

Luckily so far, Caylees hold has been stronger. And I hope that continues.

If they were dumb enough to believe her, the A's attorney speaking out, denying abuse and threatening legal action should have set them straight. I'm wondering if they ever told ICA about her parents reaction when hints of what was to come first hit the wires.

The DT knew CA/GA were not going to go along with this, did ICA? She seems truly shocked.

She can definitely turn it on and off at will. It seems that the parents are finally getting a true look at the monster they bred, and I wonder if they regret the leverage they gave her over the years.

As far as her "bond" with the little girl -- most sociopaths are great actors, it's what they do. But most of the tears from that event are probably real since now she seems to be "getting" that her family won't play her games anymore -- tears of anger, not sadness.

I agree completely with those who suggested that she deliberately uncovered her mouth at specific times -- maybe an attempt to sway her mother once a lip reading expert weighs in. Hopefully they are done with her and she will indeed see what it's like to be truly alone.

I realize the defense had to come up with something, but this is so far fetched considering that everyone seems to know that the girl is a perpetual liar -- family, friends, LE -- everyone has said that from day 1. Just have to wonder whose idea it was to throw her dad under the bus, hers or the defense teams.

Tantrum ..and she's a 25 year old woman still pulling temper tantrums . I wonder how it would be looked upon if she was a man?
That's why I can't see her DT putting her on the stand . That's why JB can't tell her to stop shaking her head .....because they never know how she will react . I had someone in my life like that before and if you have to say ANYTHING to them they might not like you never know if they would laugh or explode .

I haven't read what anyone has posted yet, I am still watching the RAW video and I see her say, "this is unfair."

:eek: Amazing, the hubris. How fair was it to Caylee Casey? How fair is it to all the people you have hurt?

:tsktsk:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Senor710
Back