2011.06.01 TRIAL Day Seven (Afternoon Session)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He is an amazing witness. His eye contact with the jury is going to really bolster the state's case, IMO

Did anyone hear what Bill Sheaffer said right before the recess was over?

He said it was interesting that as soon as the LE Officers started testifying, it began to rain and be dreary... much like it was on December 11 when Caylee's remains were finally found.

:(

SIGH
And it's becoming sunny now in my part of Orlando

I LOVE that he's addressing the jury. Makes him much more relateable. And he's calm and sure of his answers, and he's not going to take any garbage from the DT.

To me, ICA looks like she is off in space. Like she is purposely trying not to pay attention to Yuri.

Watching the Casey Cam, when looking at the monitor with YM on it, she'll glance, look away mad, glance, look away mad. But then they mention her name and her eyes are FIXED on that monitor.

LDB asking if she wrote her statement herself.

Introducing it into evidence.

JB objecting.

Again, if I am on the jury, I have to wonder why he doesn't want this in! :gavel:

Introducing ICA's written statement.

JB objects (of course) citing not proper predicate

Lost HLN. Please keep us posted if you have other feedto? And thanks for keeping the chit chat down as it makes the threads too long & hard to keep up with.

Thank you all♥

Gee shocker - JB objects to publishing the statement, did we or did we not already argue this and it was denied in pretrial???

Baez sounded so nervous and scared when he just made his objection.
And, he should be.
lol!

HHJP - overruling but it sure seems like he was looking for a different objection

YM w/LDB...

OCSO 10 years....work in professional standards section.....detective Corp. in unit ....Supv of that unit other duties and investigated child abuse cases....promoted there in 2008 April....just over 2 years work w/homicide division...prior to that investigating property crimes in East side of OC....prior to Detective worked in patrol...events occur 4937 hopespring....on 7/15 arrived 3:51 am.....met w/kc....aware kc gave written statement to patrol officers..

review records....provided with statement upon arrival and show to kc........ask if it was her statement and wrote it herself adopt statement as her own......(DT Objects=YM doesn't know circumstances surrounding when statement was taken.....LDB - YM confirmed it was her statement.....HHBP any further objection? based upon that objection it will be overruled)

If there is one witness that I can say that I believe ICA hates with all her heart - its Yuri. No question.

JB objects within the first few minutes of Yuri being on the stand. I see a pattern starting. He seems to do this with all of the witnesses.

LDB: do you recognize it?

I do

LDB: were you provided with that on arrival?

yes

LDB: from the patrol deputies?

yes

LDB: show it to casey?

I believe I did, yes

LDB: ask if her statement?

yes

LDB: wrote it herself?

yes

LDB: seek to put "ki" into evidence

JB: objection due to ettiquite...this officer was not present...

HHJP: florida?

LDB: these statements were adopted in their entirety and ask the defendant if they were her statements.

HHJP: overruled and received in evidence.

LDB: sorry that is number 60. Permission to publish 60 to the jury your honor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vetiversailles