2011.06.01 TRIAL Day Seven (Morning Session)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
CFNews13Casey Casey Anthony News13
The defense is done for now. But Amy will likely be called back. She's still on stand during sidebar. #CaseyAnthony -fell
3 minutes ago
Jim Lichtenstein
JimLichtenstein Jim Lichtenstein
Fyi - Pirate-chic is the juror from when u were a kid, u were afraid to walk on her lawn. #caseyanthony
3 minutes ago
bob kealing
bobkealing bob kealing
#caseyanthony Atmosphere much Less charged than yesterday-so far at least.
3 minutes ago
Casey Anthony News
OSCaseyAnthony Casey Anthony News
Clearly Amy Huizenga was not pleased with allegations made by #JoseBaez #CaseyAnthony
3 minutes ago
Amanda Ober
AmandaOberWESH Amanda Ober
#caseyAnthony Cover of latest people with Casey and Caylee http://yfrog.com/h4l2fqmyj
4 minutes ago
Casey Anthony News
Amy Huizenga: "May I say something?" Sidebar immediately called.
4 minutes ago
Amanda Ober
Judge excuses Amy but she looks concerned and asks to speak...now in sidebar. What does she want to say? #caseyAnthony
5 minutes ago
bob kealing
bobkealing bob kealing
#caseyanthony Amy asks to make a statement prompting a sidebar.
5 minutes ago
Jim Lichtenstein
Amy H seems very sweet and credible. Not sure attacking her will play well with the jury. #caseyanthony
5 minutes ago
Casey Anthony News13
Amy wasn't t Anthony home June 16,2008 (day defense alleges Caylee drowned in family pool) #CaseyAnthony -fell
5 minutes ago
Casey Anthony News
#JoseBaez tells Amy Huizenga she doesn't know full extent of accident because she never sought medical attn. #CaseyAnthony
7 minutes ago
Amanda Ober
#caseyAnthony Sounds like Baez is trying to imply Amy may have had memory loss from car ax? Amy looks at Baez likes he's crazy
8 minutes ago
Casey Anthony News13
Amy says she nodded off on a long boring road at night. She totaled her car. (air bag deployed) She says she was okay. #CaseyAnthony -fell
8 minutes ago
Amanda Ober
#caseyanthony Amy texted Casey she had just hit guardrail, airbag deployed, said "thank God I didn't get DUI"
8 minutes ago
Amanda Ober
#caseyAnthony Amy has a log of text msgs she exchanged with Casey in '08
9 minutes ago
Amanda Ober
#caseyanthony Amy and Casey were friends for a total of 5 months in 2008.. Baez grilling Amy about car ax she had
9 minutes ago
Casey Anthony News
Pix of Amy Huizenga in #CaseyAnthony trial http://yfrog.com/h2bp9kvj
10 minutes ago
Jim Lichtenstein
One juror is just an eyepatch away from sporting Pirate-chic. #caseyanthony
#caseyanthonytrial
10 minutes ago
»
Jim Lichtenstein
Starting to see repeat outfits among some jurors. Guess u can't pack 2 months worth of different clothes. #accessorize #caseyanthony

12 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

I answered this on the Sidebar, but not sure if you saw it there so allow me to repeat myself. ;)

Baez was yapping impulsively yesterday and not thinking about the potential problems he was causing himself. He "opened the door" for the State to bring in all of Casey's prior felony convictions (6?). Previously, those had been inadmissable and the jury would have never been able to consider them. However, there is a specific jury instruction given right before deliberations that tells jurors that they MAY consider prior felony convictions while determining credibility, character of the defendant.

The State has a strong case and they are rolling right along now. IF they had stood by and fought for them to come in, HHJP would have allowed it. Cheney Mason knows that, too. There is case law backing it up from the FL Supreme Court.

The problem is: Casey would have a very, very, very good argument on appeal for Ineffective Counsel. There is a strong chance any conviction could be overturned and she would be granted another trial. Do they really want to have to try this monster of a case twice? Not unless they feel they absolutely must. Just not worth it.

Showing MY ignorance now, but does this mean Casey's prior felony convictions are dropped!:behindbar She will never face charges for them?

What are they all conferencing about now?

I'd just love, love, love if the judge let Amy speak and she said, "As if it's not bad enough that Casey stole about $500 in cash from me, am I now going to have to miss more money by missing work and risk losing my job, too; since I was served with a subpoena to return as a defense witness?"

Although I really don't wanna see a mistrial ... just kind of one of the things you love to 'imagine'.

I LOVE it AMY just got off the stand and walked over to the sidebar!!!!!!!!!!!

This isn't going to be a very popular opinion, but JB really doesn't have a lot to work with, so, IMO, he has to throw everything out and see if anything sticks.....if that makes sense.

Amy = my fave witness. Go Amy with your bad self!

Jose is making a huge mistake by making it appear that all these female witnesses were all jealous of Casey. I forget the one girls name, but she was the girlfriend of Tony's roommate and Jose did the same thing with her saying that she didn't like Casey because she lived with her boyfriend.

None of these young women had any reason to be jealous of Casey and they surely have nothing to be jealous of now. These women were working, going to school, etc... If anything, Casey was jealous of them and their accomplishments, jobs, free lives. I wonder if the jury gets it?? That everything Jose is accusing Casey's former friends of... is what Casey was.

Mr. George's decision is fine. IMO, as an attorney, all JB accomplished was to make the jury loathe him.

another big thank you

Huh? Amy at the sidebar???????????????
need explain pls

WFTV can't figure out why the witness is at sidebar. It's likely as simple is that she just can't afford to stay for 8 weeks and is hoping the DT won't force her to stay via their subpoena.

Bill S. This is the first time I've seen a witness being invited to a sidebar.

AH getting up and going over to sidebar, scared the bejesus out of me....I thought she was gonna wallup ICA....

oh mee oh my oh......its gonna be a long day kids!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
poohgirl2001w