2011.06.01 TRIAL Day Seven (Morning Session)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lee knows Cindy and George were the only ones who babysat Caylee...other than occasional friends..like Lauren and the neighbor lady

IMPROPER IMPEACHMENT

Objection, Your Honor, improper impeachment

This is used when attacks on a witness's credibility go beyond the allowable grounds for impeachment. Beyond the usual method of pointing out contradictory evidence, there are generally 5 WAYS TO IMPEACH a witness: (1) bias or prejudice, if paid, stands to gain, a friend or rival; (2) Poor character, for honesty or veracity; (3) Conviction, if less than 10 years ago; (4) Poor memory, if lack ability to observe, remember, or recount; and (5) Prior inconsistent statement, but only if an important fact, such as saying they worked that day, then later saying they had the day off. With expert witnesses, beyond the usual method of attacking credentials, unsubstantiated attempts to overturn the presumption of regularity that imply substitution, contamination, or tampering are improper.

http://faculty.ncwc.edu/mstevens/425/Objections%20Lecture.htm

So a previous conviction would damage a witness's credibility and that's OK - but it's not OK to talk about ICA's previous convictions.
What kind of scales is this Justice system using? So heavily weighted for the offender..

Arg...I feel like he's being evasive. Maybe he thinks he will spare her the needle.

Lee is sounding like the SA has not prepped him. He is having to be shown his depo to remember what he testified to.
Blonde in front row on left side of screen caught Lee's eye and big smile at him.

So a previous conviction would damage a witness's credibility and that's OK - but it's not OK to talk about ICA's previous convictions.
What kind of scales is this Justice system using? So heavily weighted for the offender..

The 'offender' hasn't been convicted of anything in this trial yet. What rights should be taken way?

Where's Baez? I know it's been asked but I haven't found the answer...sorry :/

I like Mr George, but I really wish JA or LDB were doing this direct. I don't think Lee is playing nice imo.

Notice, LA is not saying, "I said this..." he is saying, "That deposition states that..." I have a feeling he's going to be changing testimony, or he's going to let the DT impeach him.

I don't see that. Good witnesses keep their answers short and sweet. The less you give the defense to work with, the better.

Thank you. This gives me hope. lol

FG: Recall any comments about a cycle or a routine?
LA: Something along the lines of "This is what she is used to and I don't want to change that . I interpreted that as her sleeping routine for some time leading up to that point.
FG: Did that make sense to you?
LA: Maybe from a routine standpoint - but not to appease my mother and get my child back - that should be the train of thought.
FG: Do you recall your answer upon being asked that question at the deposition?
LA: No
FG: May I approach? (referencing deposition)
FG: Do you recall what you said at deposition in regard to defendants not taking Caylee out of her comfort zone?
LA: I referenced her routine was approximately 3 weeks at that time.
FG: Did that make sense to you?
Objection. Sustained as to relevance.
FG: How long were your mom & sister arguing in the bedroom?
LA: In my sister's bedroom - couple minutes.
FG: Was it much longer than that?
LA: Throughout the evening - but at that juncture - only a couple minutes at a time.
FG: When did your sister say you could get Caylee?
LA: Tomorrow.

Not meaning to take anything away from this SA, but his demeanor is too much like the witness...we need LDB or JA for Lee. mho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chaterbox888