2011.06.01 TRIAL Day Seven (Morning Session)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love it! Lee says he saw HIS old Pontiac Sunfire. It smelled! Very potent, very strong!

LA: a smell; windows down in car; some writing on car
- just smell was potent, very strong

ICAday11-1.jpg

It seems like Lee is definitely not testifying "for" the prosecution. I think we won't know his intentions (if there are any) until the defense questions him. That makes me nervous!

Will they even question Lee on the abuse allegations at this point? They haven't questioned CA or GA yet. Wonder if that will come at a later time.

Hi All,

Is it me or is LA not being cooperative at all? I get the impression he doesn't want to give much up at all - as if he still doesn't believe what is about to happen to him with the defense?

Also, we now have Ms Simms making much more of an appearance with the DT with her taking the main role of objections during this witness exam. JB has actually moved physically down to sit beside ICA and they are whispering back and forth quite a bit.

Wonder if the DT has advised JB that he's doing more harm than good with his inexperience and it's time to let the others take over?

IMPROPER IMPEACHMENT

Objection, Your Honor, improper impeachment

This is used when attacks on a witness's credibility go beyond the allowable grounds for impeachment. Beyond the usual method of pointing out contradictory evidence, there are generally 5 WAYS TO IMPEACH a witness: (1) bias or prejudice, if paid, stands to gain, a friend or rival; (2) Poor character, for honesty or veracity; (3) Conviction, if less than 10 years ago; (4) Poor memory, if lack ability to observe, remember, or recount; and (5) Prior inconsistent statement, but only if an important fact, such as saying they worked that day, then later saying they had the day off. With expert witnesses, beyond the usual method of attacking credentials, unsubstantiated attempts to overturn the presumption of regularity that imply substitution, contamination, or tampering are improper.

http://faculty.ncwc.edu/mstevens/425/Objections%20Lecture.htm

FG: What is the 1st thing you recall your sister saying upon entering the house?
LA: On entering the house, she would have been in her room, so... I don't recall the exact words - I don't remember.
FG: May I approach the witness (referencing deposition)

Okay, this has to get better!! So very weird right now.

my gosh... WHO on earth would wnat to be involved in this case??? it has destroyed lives and will continue to for time to come..imo

So witnesses can't change their minds after they've been deposed? Even after a couple of years?

I agree. It feels like lidded anger. He's having trouble concentrating/remembering because of something. Less chuckles today.

Maybe because this is the first time taking the stand after being accused on live tv of having commited incest? That would make me more serious and chuckle less.

Says that ICA and her mom were combative.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
documentaryh