2011.06.02 Sidebar Day Eight (incl Universal audio discussion)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"I've had to sit down with mothers whos children have drowned in a swimming pool"..............

:tyou: Jetaime

:yes: LE gave her a chance to come clean to a accidental drowning and Casey didn't take it, she kept on insisting there was a Zanny and she(casey)had dropped Caylee of with her, that the only thing she was guilty of was "trusting the wrong person."

When the jailhouse tapes get played, I am hoping we will hear the part where Cindy point blank says, "they are saying Caylee drown in the pool." And Casey says, "surprise, surprise." :shocked2:

I am interested to see what spin Jose puts on that...ah, so much spin so little time. :hypno:

:twocents:

little ICA has SINGLE HANDIDLY created a NEW KIND OF CRIMINAL.... ICA has FOREVER changed, added to, or mad new, terms for psychological disorders and for what its worth, will be REQUIRED reading for psych/shrink students, police and detective students and lawyers/judges for YEARS TO COME!!! she alone and along with her wonderful team... are surely, making history in one way or another as is the PT...

Well the DT have always implied she was "special"......perhaps"???????

that Nanny comment made me think back to the movie "harvey" ---- loved that movie...believed Jimmy Stewart....inmate not so much....

I was thinking this very same thing, when she was up on the stand on Saturday. I truly believe this to be the case. Cindy is processing all this info (even thought she may have heard some of it previously) in a new way, right along with those jurors.

And all of us as well imo.

OMG....don't tell me you were threatened by the DT??????????? I seriously think they should get a job. I think their next jobs should be monitoring the internet for child molesters and such. They seem to thoroughly enjoy that type of work. And, at least then they would be doing some good in this world.

No, No, No, I received a note stating that (not from the horse mouth)

I had made a comment on a BLOG...(LOL)

that the DF Team did not like...

It was called into Ave Maria School of Law...

That's the chef in the early 30' with two young children... wonder why he's tired? Seems like he'd be getting more rest, imo.

Maybe he was watching the Stanley Cup last night? It was on network tv (CBS) so no special arrangements had to be made..It got over about 11p tho which isn't what I consider late so maybe that wasn't it. lol

I worked a case with the IP were the person wrongfully confessed and it was determined later that it was confabulation, which is usually something that is done by a person with Korsakoff Syndrome. We actually worked with Dr Sanjay Gupta and Richard Ofshe and Richard Leo. The only problem that I see with this scenario is that most of the time they are too forthcoming with information and usually feel remorse, from what I was told when working that case. It is why so many of the people that you hear about that have it (which isn't many, unless you are looking) have confessed to a crime they did not commit. Most often it is found in serious drug users and they often black out and when they can't remember or understand what has happened, they fill in the blanks with what they believe is the most likely scenario. They then, if they feel they were responsible, are overwhelmed with guilt and then confess. Who knows how the fake sexual abuse would play off of that tho.

Here was the study on the people who had wrongfully confessed, including the case I was working: http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=1141365

ETA: I do NOT at ALL believe that she has Korsakoff Syndrome, or is a victim of her own confabulation. But he is grasping at everything else. Korsakoff is weird and technical enough that he might get someone to believe that more than the invisible nanny theory.

People with Korsakov's who confabulate do so to fill genuine gaps in short term memory though. There is an encephalopathy causing that change in function.
ICA in no way displays any such gaps in memory. She is not remotely likely to have Korsakov's. She is a well nourished , healthy woman..

What I loved more was Casey explaining to people on the "i want tony's number" phone call, how the police were SUPPOSED to conduct an investigation.
Every crazy person with something to hide I've ever heard of has had a need to instruct seasoned law enforcement people on how to do a proper missing person's search...DATABASES... :floorlaugh: use her proper name...They're not LISTENING TO MEEEEEE :giggle:

Exactly! It's like when she blames the car for running out of gas... why does the car do this to meeeeeeeeeeeee

a few points I made during the universal interview were that

(paraphrased)

1) she had ample opportunity (esp with "good" "cop" at the end) to talk about accidental drowning, GA, abuse, etc..

2) she said if caylee was with her family (GA, CA, CA, LA) that would be the best place she could be

3) that if she wanted to leave she would have just left Caylee with her "family"

4) that she trusted her family

----------------------

she took the battery out of her own bus.

moo

IS was interviewing G & C attorney and asked him how he felt about JB. He said it wasn't ethical to voice his opinion about him until he is NO LONGER an attorney....
I took this as a pretty powerful statement......
He now represents Lee, also

I have not; if I recall correctly. ever posted my feelings about this Baez guy. I recognize and make an attempt keep in mind that defense attorney's are doing their job. I've seen so much objectional behavior on his part over the years, and kept quiet. Today; I just could not stand another second of looking at him and listening to him.

I am telling you I have never seen a defense attorney behave like this man. His conduct is abhorrent. I am sick and tired of having to watch him. I'm so aggravated. Did you see him smiling and nodding and bleckkkkkkkkkkk whatever at the jurors. Sickening.

I have followed lots of trials and had felt some resentments and/or negative feelings along the way, towards a defense attorney; if I thought that the defendant was guilty. However, all the while trying very hard to keep in mind that this is how our justice system works and that an accused person on trial as a defendant is presumed innocent.

I've liked Yuri's devotion to Caylee and I have the feeling that he is someone that my DH and I would like to have as a neighbor. He just seems like a nice hard working man. Why then was he yawning during listening to the taped interview at Universal? Was that sort of a ho-hum we do this every day type of message he was attempting to convey to the jury when the questions became rough and strongly worded? I noticed that his yawns sort of were in sync with when the questioning got a bit more confrontational and the voices became a bit louder. Still, it seemed inappropriate to me.

Here's the deal... I need to work on gaining some sort of faith in this jury. You never know what a jury is going to do. Once they deliberate I need to have faith that they will concentrate on the facts only and the integrity of the person giving the testimony.

IMO - Maybe JB does not realize consciously that he is being so bumbling. It might be his subconscious preservation kicking in and helping him "look stupit" in order to extricate himself from this trial.

IS had Lippman on. He is now LA's attorney. Very, very interesting comments from him. He said that GA and CA knew "6 weeks ago" that KC and JB were going to accuse GA and LA of sexual abuse.

Remember when CA said on the stand that she quit looking for Zanny 6 weeks ago?

Lippman also stated that the "dichotomy" between JB and the family has drastically changed. He opined that it is against FL Bar to disparage another attorney, so he would keep his personal comments to himself until JB is no longer a lawyer.

:tyou: Jetaime

:yes: LE gave her a chance to come clean to a accidental drowning and Casey didn't take it, she kept on insisting there was a Zanny and she(casey)had dropped Caylee of with her, that the only thing she was guilty of was "trusting the wrong person."

When the jailhouse tapes get played, I am hoping we will hear the part where Cindy point blank says, "they are saying Caylee drown in the pool." And Casey says, "surprise, surprise." :shocked2:

I am interested to see what spin Jose puts on that...ah, so much spin so little time. :hypno:

:twocents:

Chiquita71 - You have just exposed the Defense Team Strategy!!! Perfect!!

IS had Lippman on. He is now LA's attorney. Very, very interesting comments from him. He said that GA and CA knew "6 weeks ago" that KC and JB were going to accuse GA and LA of sexual abuse.

Remember when CA said on the stand that she quit looking for Zanny 6 weeks ago?

Lippman also stated that the "dichotomy" between JB and the family has drastically changed. He opined that it is against FL Bar to disparage another attorney, so he would keep his personal comments to himself until JB is no longer a lawyer.

Lippman really said that on TV???? :thud:

I am confused. I wish they could question Baez and ask him if says Casey lies all the time, what makes him think she is telling him the truth. I would imagine George and Cindy would know her better then him. But he now knows her and she only tells him the truth. I hope down the road he looks back and sees she made a big fool out of him.

Jean C said juror #6 was sleeping during the tapes being played

I'd like to take a moment to say "Welcome" to all the new posters. I get so wrapped up in watching, snipping photos and posting...that I sometimes don't get around to saying welcome, or thanking posts.

So.....WELCOME and THANKS

Ditto as to welcoming all those that have joined us recently. Join us in chat for real time viewing chats scrolling without refreshing with each other (vs. threads.) with either mIRC or java. (For those newbies that don't know that WS has chat, some of us go there EVERY DAY real time, and even do late night chats and simlutanous reviewing from wftv clips for those of us that are out during the day...more fun to chat while we are seeing the first time)

See y'all in chat.......I'm headed back there now....

I know this is harsh but if she never wanted a baby why not have an abortion?No one forced her to have a baby. According to Cindy, the day Casey told her she was pregnant they started planning Caylee's room and shopping for baby stuff. I think she only told Kiomarie that she wanted to give her up for adoption, Cindy never said anything about that on the stand. Not that it matters now anyway...

I think that whoever the father really is, Casey was trying to trap him. I think when Caylee's dad had no interest in being with her, so she told Jesse it was his baby. I don't think Caylee's father is even dead, I think he wanted nothing to do with her and this upset Casey enough to write him off as "dead" in her book. I think someone said before it could have been someone older and married and that's why he's never come forward to claim her as his. The tragic accident story was conveniently offered so that people would stop asking about Caylee's dad and no one would try to find him. So I think she had Caylee on purpose to try to land a man...that didn't work out like she thought it would. Caylee was a prop.

I suspect she let the pregnancy go far too long to have an abortion. She was 7 months along when it all finally came out.

this may have been mentioned and there is NO way i can keep up with you guys but about the brain/ frontal lobe thing - i always personally thought casey's front part of her head was oddly shaped. not a rude remark but it's something i always wondered. not sure if size or shape has anything to do with that but again something i thought. i don't want to go into detail on how it looks to me cause it seems so rude and i love voicing my silly opinions here and wish to continue to do so. but it could just be her head shape cause i feel like sometimes i see it in some pics of caylee too so maybe just normal cause everyone is different.

It's George or Zanny's fault why her head is shaped like that! Maybe she has an extra brain compartment that has more lies in it than most people. :floorlaugh: Sorry, I get silly if I have to listen to JB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
euvin3582