2011.06.02 TRIAL Day Eight (Afternoon Session)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A) Casey ha been lying for years B) as judge points out, bereavement usually begins when a body has been found...ok...if their theory rings true...she started grieving June 16th. I find her way of "grieving" offensive...I've spent considerable time in support groups...and trust me...lying was never mentioned as a byproduct of grieving!!!!

PS- How can they have a copy of medical records? Did George give it to them once upon a time?

I don't understand why the defense just found out they would need a grief expert if they knew they had to explain her bizarre behavior when they settled on this "theory"

Thanks to all for the warm welcome. Ya all type at least 300wpm and I am still way back there. lol. Much to read and watch on those video's.

BAEZ. It's the absolute truth, I want to make it clear and the court can take it as fact that a lightbulb just now went off in my head today and I never ever thought of it before... HHJP: telling Baez no reason to get emotional, he didn't take SA remarks as derogatory. We have no reports, we have no deposition of the witness, we do not know if the witness is qualified to opine, and after that we will have to find out even if all the hurdles are jumped it may not be admissible (paraphrased)

Quoting because I am still shocked that baez actually said this in court!!!

I thought the deadlines for new witnesses and discovery are long past???? What am I missing here?

Exactly what I was thinking! JB is trying anything and everything he can including pushing his luck. This last minute discovery and witness calling should not be allowed. He had just as much time to come up with his defense as the prosecution. Shouldn't the prosecution also get to bring in more witnesses and discovery because of the DT wild explanations in opening statements?

I would like to give honors to all that have contributed testimony to everyone today, Wenwe4 and Mombomb, for their hard work. I know it is intense because that's how I made a living for 30 years until I had a stroke! :yourock::Crown:

also to all the Mods...(sorry we slip up and give y'all more work.) :smooch::gomods:

So they are going to bring in an expert who probably knows nothing about this case or Casey Anthony and allow her to give testimony as to how she feels Casey was handling her bereavement? It just seems like her testimony will be extremely generalized and even hypothetical. If they "just thought of this" she hasn't had time to interview or analyze Casey at all.

I don't understand why the defense just found out they would need a grief expert if they knew they had to explain her bizarre behavior when they settled on this "theory"

Because the past 3 days have been horrible for the DT and they are facing reality. Looking for another excuse for ICA

My goodness...Baez quite emotional about JA's comments. HHBP comes back with a warning that there is no reason to get emotional. Very interesing exchanges!!!

He was provoking JA to anger IMO. Jeff didn't take the bait - was very cool, calm and collected. Thwarted yet again, JB!

I think delay tactics serve to 'numb' the jury from the shocking things they have been hearing. But JB has to be careful the jury don't notice he's trying to keep them there WAY longer than they have to be.

JMO

I don't think JB is smart enough to think of that strategy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GhostlyDarling