2011.06.03 SIDEBAR THREAD (Trial Day Nine)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
LKB has to read from her cheat sheet, regarding the excuses for the videos. Yeah, I believe you LKB! She is so far fetched, and knows full well what she is doing

:lol: LKB is saying Casey said "surprise, surprise" because she was simply covering for the drowning! :rolleyes:

If they're going to say that GA or RK had the body in the trunk there is no reason whatsoever to dispute the State's hair evidence because Caylee's death band hair being there depends on her dead body being there, not on who put it there.

I agree. But he seems to be taking BOTH positions. He is fighting the Death band hair, fighting the decomp, and the smell. Fighting the stain evidence.

And yet he keeps pressing the point that George had the car keys too, and George knew the car was at the Amscott, and the big deal he made about the Tow Yard Notices,how long he may have known about the car being abandoned, And the ownership of the duct tape, and that casey told TL that her dad 'picked up the car at Amscott' for her, and George was the last one with the body...

So I think that 'GeorgePutsBodyInTheTrunk ' is his plan B.

I definitely heard ICA say it as well... and noted it at the time.

Obviously, ICA knew when Caylee was found, she would be charged (with murder, most likely) and it would go to trial.

I wondered when I heard it why her parents didn't give her some reassurance that WHEN Caylee came home (as ICA insisted she would) that there would be no need for a trial.

That's pretty telling in itself.

Didn't she know by this time she was up on child neglect charges and lying to the LE - and even if Caylee did "come home" - she'd still be facing those charges. Not sure if she was facing Amy's cheque charges when that tape was made.

It wasn't her purse - it was what the family referred to as her work bag. I believe the only thing in it was Amy's resume.

But I believe ICA left it there hoping someone would think it was a purse and break into the car and/or steal it.

Something just hit me when I read your post....was KC hoping when the car was finally found that because Amy's papers were in it, that she (KC) could "claim" that Amy had borrowed her car, and therefore Amy was to blame for Caylee's death?

Was this a possible cover (weak as it is) that KC thought up?

KC told Amy some ridiculous squirrel story...something alluding to the squirrels crawled up there and died...I never heard of something like this happening...but who knows? I also think she blamed her dad....that he was driving her car and the squirrels got there when he was driving!

So, how did they supposedly end up in the trunk of her car? Or was that actually never said, and I'm just misinformed?

As far as I can see, from Vinnie's facial expressions and vocal inflections, he is fully invested in the defenses claim of sexual molestation by George. It doesn't seem to matter if true or not but he is playing into a salacious angle to reap ratings. I don't know how HLN is getting away with it, it has never been proven in any way, yet they try to cause this family further pain by touting their spiel as though it is fact.
I wish George and Lee had some recourse here...

Wow! I don't get that from him at all! Seems to me that he knows and thinks it is ridiculous!

usual stone cold indifference to her mother's suffering....

Is this the video where she asks why Cindy is crying already or something like that? I hope you all know which one I'm talking about.

I wonder what the jury's response was to see her openly laughing at her mother crying over Caylee being missing?

I think I need to STOP watching HLN and Vinnie P everyday. I don't think I can take much more of LKB. So glad she's no longer on the DT but I bet anything that she's been texting with JB. Grrrr!

Something just hit me when I read your post....was KC hoping when the car was finally found that because Amy's papers were in it, that she (KC) could "claim" that Amy had borrowed her car, and therefore Amy was to blame for Caylee's death?

Was this a possible cover (weak as it is) that KC thought up?

Honestly Mitzi, I just don't think she was that smart. I think was simply laziness. :twocents:

Re: the hairs in the trunk. Bear with me for a while because I have a stupid question.

Okay, so what we're trying to prove is that Caylee was in the trunk when she was dead and decomposing. Right?

So we need Caylee's hair in the trunk, preferably with the death band, because other kind of Caylee hair could have gotten there in her backpack and other things or when she climbed in the trunk as a joke or as a transfer via Casey handling Caylee and then stuff in the trunk. Right?

So they found Caylee's hair with a death band there in the trunk. Right?

Sooooo... Either Caylee was in the trunk while dead or the hair with the death band got there via transfer from someone who was in contact with dead Caylee's hair. Right?

So can anyone explain to me, what does it matter if other hairs were found there? I assume that there could have been lots of hairs in that trunk in, say, May 2008 and June 2008 and any other point in time. Jose Baez did kindly explain that it was an old car and even if meticulously kept, hairs are shed all the time.

But we do not require for the trunk to have been surgically sterile for Caylee's body to have been placed there, do we?

So why does it matter if there were 12 or 17 hairs there?

'member when the DT floated the theory that "a" body was placed in the trunk while the pontiac was at Amscot (by Jesse) or at Johnson's (by GA)? Well those didn't fly, so now the DT wants the jury to think those hairs mysteriously appeared while it was parked in the OCSD bay, to frame his client or that the CSI did a half-azzed job processing the car trunk.

IMO just mentioning that Dr Lee found "more hairs" may backfire. Surely one of the jurors may remember the last time Dr Lee was involved in a high profile case...or maybe "the name" Baez dropped will just go over all their heads.

I just don't know what to say... I'm at a loss for words... I have typed an entire page wanting to post, but I hit the backspace key, read some posts and hit reply - type a little bit, hit backspace and read some more. I'm at a loss for thoughts and words or I can't combine the two... I haven't figured it out yet.

So, how did they supposedly end up in the trunk of her car? Or was that actually never said, and I'm just misinformed?

KC never explained that the squirrels were in the trunk I don't believe. I think she told or implied to Amy that the squirrels were plastered under the car's body somewhere.

The problem with the defense theory here.. in all the videos she focuses on herself. If her dad really was partially to blame, you don't think she'd have thrown him under the bus early on? Why wait till now? Just more lies...

So Casey was pretty pizzed about something and even after the courtroom emptied for the break, the Casey cam caught her ripping Baez a new one over something, very animated. JB's body language was back off, he was leaning away and trying to be patient. CM was standing far away on the other side of Baez. I don't think they like her very much.

I don't know if this has been mentioned already ... but did anyone notice the FREEZE from Sims to the Inmate today??!!! It was very noticeable! No coddling the Inmate today, and NO whispers and notes back and forth. Sims seemed to be totally annoyed with the Inmate, and Sims rushed out of court as fast as she could when the day was over, with no parting friendly words to the Inmate.

At the beginning of the day I saw Baez giving the Inmate a stern talking to and her smiles and giggles disappeared and she got serious and was nodding yes ... yes ... yes.... and I saw her mouth "I promise" .... I got the impression that Baez instructed the Inmate to knock it off with all the whispering to the attorneys and note passing ... especially to Sims ....

I think I need to STOP watching HLN and Vinnie P everyday. I don't think I can take much more of LKB. So glad she's no longer on the DT but I bet anything that she's been texting with JB. Grrrr!

Yikes..You just read my mind :rocker:..LKB just went on a rant to try and defend DT's assertions..and even Vinnie wasnt buying it..however did remain respectful..Boy, I harkened back to the Phil Spector Trial dayz:banghead:

Hi guys! I'm catching up on the trial (love me some dvr!) and am watching Thursday morning. This is Yuri and the recorded interview with ICA at Universal. The lies are amazing, that goes without saying. What strikes me was how long she held on to the ZFG story. The jury knows that was her original story, but could the SA point out how long she stuck to it?

If they could, that fact alone could be the nail in the coffin for ICA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3