2011.06.04 TRIAL Day Ten (Morning Session ONLY)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kathy Belich says we have witnessed history today with this testimony. The first time this kind of testimony has been given.

JA objects to a qustion

HHJP sustains

JB tells the judge he thinks this area of questioning should be allowed

Me thinks JB gonna get himself in trouble. It is up to the judge weather it is allowed or not.

Now they are at sidebar... Only time it appears we have sidebars is when the DT is up to question.

Heh heh - HHJP always makes me laugh when he uses his deep do-do voice and says "approach the bench".....

JB: you discussed the history of mico analysis...I guess you can trace it back to the 1930s

correct

JB: FBI labs learned a lot along the way

correct

JB: people's hair had changed

?

JB: things have changed

hair comes down to comparitve biology and really that hasn't changed

JB: what has changed is the FBI's position?

hair has never been for positive idenification

objection
sustained

JB: now you have cited articles you have read

yes

JB: four

specifically root banding

JB: asked about a report she read

yes I have

JB: that was organized by congress?

yes

JB: the national academy of sciences is respected?

not all of them are scientists I know that

objection

JB: may I finish?

(side bar) HHJP: sounds weary to me. I don't blame him.

bobkealing bob kealing
#caseyanthonytrial A few jurors noted distinction that this can only be classified as "apparent decomposition"
1 minute ago

I wish she would have made a bigger deal about saying that they have never found root banding outside of decomposition... even if they tag the 'apparent' on to be conservative.

He won't shake her...I'm surprised they didn't put CM up so he can yell at her.

I have bumped up this thread for hair discussion so we can keep the posts here focused on the trial and testimony:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71519"]What do we know about hair decomp ***REVISITED*** - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Baez is trying to testify in his questioning. He cannot testify to facts.

If he is going to says a congressional committee disagrees somehow, the jury will side with the fbi. LOL LOL

I do think Lowe said that not all hairs on a dead body will have the band - depending on the stage of growth the hair is in. Correct me if I'm wrong. This is important.

This is also what I understood her to say

I get nervous when the jurors take notes on stuff like this... I have a terrible feeling...

Jose Baez asking Lowe about her career and the FBI's stance on hair as identification #caseyanthonytrial
by oscaseyanthony via twitter at 7:01 AM

Lowe to Baez: It comes down to comparative biology #caseyanthonytrial
by oscaseyanthony via twitter at 7:01 AM

Judge: Approach the bench #caseyanthonytrial
by oscaseyanthony via twitter at 7:02 AM

Is JA still sick? I know he had the AF flu at the beginning of the trial but I thought he was over it.

Ha! JB trying to testify while conducting a cross examination. That's really not how that works...you are there to ask questions, buddy.

The witness did testify that not all hairs exhibit death banding only some and the scientists don't know why

at least that is what I understand

Just attached hairs from a decomposing corpse.

Maybe the hair still has to be attached to a body?

I think so. There were a number of hairs in the trunk that didn't have a death band because they came from a live being.

So, a hair pulled out before death=no death band.

A hair pulled out after death=death band.

IMHO

JA objects to a qustion

HHJP sustains

JB tells the judge he thinks this area of questioning should be allowed

Me thinks JB gonna get himself in trouble. It is up to the judge weather it is allowed or not.

Now they are at sidebar... Only time it appears we have sidebars is when the DT is up to question.

I'm starting to wonder if thats not intentional and why jb is doing the cross.....

Nothing is ever a 100% in science and statistics, not even DNA. It's all about the probability and what can be explained rationally by experiments and such. I do pray the jury understands that al though something can't be considered 100% accurate doesn't mean that there's another more probable explanation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove