2011.06.04 TRIAL Day Ten (Morning Session ONLY)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why the heck is JB doing this cross? Why have DS there? Is JB's ego so big and his disdain for JA so broad that he feels HE has to be the one to get this new type of evidence, the PMDB, discounted by the jury? Well, it ain't working, JB......this witness is connecting with the jury......flubbing a test TEN years ago does not make her incompetent, JB! JMO

Trying to make witness look bad. You failed your proficiency test?

State should have left this hairbanding out. Its wrecking their case. I'm sick.

I am afraid JB is making mincemeat out of the hair banding. unfortunately this is the first time he has made any inroads into this case but it isn't making it look like the State has much on the hairband

Agreed, this is the strongest case he's made against a witness so far.

That tidbit of her failing her very first exam might have been a slight win for the DT.

Doesn't hair grow after you die? A little bit? Wouldn't that explain why the band is a little above the root?

The banding, according to the Witness's testimony can occur from 8 hours after the time death. Also this is not consistent with what, I understand, the literature ordinarily says regarding this feature.

As I understand, some studies have suggested that banding should be 0.5mm from the root bulb. HTH

Lowe repeatedly said photos not always helpful in this type of examination

by Gabe Travers/WESH.com at 8:19 AM

This line of questioning is very similar to Baez's contentions during the Frye hearings.

by Gabe Travers/WESH.com at 8:19 AM

(Again, times listed are PDT)

I've had a little Bailey's in my coffee this morning, so it just may be me, but is JB not making any sense, is he being confusing?

JB: let me make this easier. :eek: Is it hard to compare a hair with just a photograph.

you would be limited

JB: so it is hard to see in a photograph and know where the root of a hair ends

it is less difficult with Q10 hairs you can tell more but in the andogyn phase it is more difficult to determine with a photograph.

JB: so knowing this is difficult you still brought photographs with you today?

yes

JB: they don't give you hairs to train with do they? they give photos

yes

JB: after you are done with training you get a profesancy test? and you failed it didn't you?

I did fail one.

JB: after your depo was taken your lab created a study on post mortum hair banding...

JA: objection

side bar

this is some big time desperate lawyering. I can't imagine that Jose is coming off any less desperate to the jury.

Sure wish the witness could ask Baez how many times he failed his bar exams and how long it took him to get through law school.

Did you see the people in the gallery when she said she failed her first proficiency exam a decade ago? Heads were popping up to look at her.

JB is going to take this to end of day I think. He does not want SA to end the day.

They end at 1:00 on Saturdays usually, no lunch break, just mini breaks.

Failing a proficiency test the first time around is a good thing, it shows the difficulty of the requirements of the test. if you don't get it you don't pass. :)

JimLichtenstein Jim Lichtenstein
@
@insomniamama The lawyer podium is slightly to casey's left and in middlemofnroom. She's looking at Jose. #caseyanthony

I read that and said wait! I didn't ask a question! :floorlaugh:

Is this dude foreal...is he bringing up a test in 2000, that she didn't pass? bad move..we now know, that every test since then....she passed

So Baez is impugning her, trying to imply she's dumb? Incompetent? What planet are we on right now?

he failed the bar many times and got 200 k in blood money - yet he can tarnish people for making 5k as a reward and failing a test 11 years ago? Yeah great legal system we have.

JB animated again @ sidebar. Pointing his pen at JA.
All rising.

:maddening::maddening::maddening: Failed your test.

The witness is not a defendant!

I am afraid JB is making mincemeat out of the hair banding. unfortunately this is the first time he has made any inroads into this case but it isn't making it look like the State has much on the hairband

Don't forget though:
the stain
the smell
the motive
the LIES
the duct tape
items found with Caylee
The jailhouse tapes
have I mentioned the hours upon hours of LIES?

And the kicker---ICA's stone face.

I am still hopeful the jury can get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members