2011.06.04 TRIAL Day Ten (Morning Session ONLY)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So much for the hearing........jury is entering the courtroom.

HLN is broadcasting the trial.

:tyou:

JB: is bringing up his previous objections

HHJP: we have done that at the Frye hearing, all you have to do is object. The state has to lay a foundation like they do with all witnesses, we don't do a mini Frye hearing we all ready did that.

JB: no of course...we need to do some voir dire...we are intitiled to voir dire the witness to see if the witness meets the qualifications.

HHJP: if they did not have qualifications...but we are not going to have a mini Frye hearing. I will note your motion. To exclude the post mortum banding and the unreliablity of scientific...or some defect in the predicate I will allow you to voir dire but we already had a frye hearing.

JB: we feel that voir dire the witness at that time would help the jury...methodology employed.

HHJP: an expert may testify with their opinions...that is what that talks about, correct?

JB: ?

HHJP: okay

JB: am I not allowed to voir dire the witness or will the court give me some type of indication?

HHJP: what are you trying to voir dire the witness on?

JB: methodology...

HHJP: we had a frye hearing on that...no. Unless she testifies to something totally different as to her qualifications...as I remember you did not have any objections during the frye hearing. Your objections were based on the idea this was new and novel evidence. We have established you cannot have a mini frye hearing.

JB: her qualifications she was questioned about that, we maintain our position.

HHJP: you can maintain your position. I have ruled. If they don't lay a predicate and the witness testifies...and for whatever reason...I have ruled and we have wasted enough time on that. Let's bring in the jury.

Geez! Here we go again - or, here goes JB again. Wants to change the rules of procedure to suit his purpose. Does Baez actually have a law degree?

How long til JB falls on the floor and has a tantrum? :waitasec:

They are shiz scared of this witness.....I can see why - the hair in the trunk with the death band on it is an absolute clanger.....but then, if they say that Caylee died in the pool then why not just ADMIT her body was in the car and bring it in and then there wouldn't have been a problem.....I digress, but a sharper lawyer could have done a better job of matching evidence and defense theory.

Just saying.

ICA.

JB is trying to disqualify this witness or do anything he can to stop her from being an "expert" so that she can't give her opinion. Apparently, only "experts" can give their opinion.

KC looking at Baez like OH ***** now what do we do

What do they mean by Predicate?

1. To base or establish (a statement or action, for example): I predicated my argument on the facts.
2. To state or affirm as an attribute or quality of something: The sermon predicated the perfectibility of humankind.
3. To carry the connotation of; imply.
4. Logic To make (a term or expression) the predicate of a proposition.
5. To proclaim or assert; declare.

Yay! Here comes JA!!!!! Been waiting for this forensic to begin!

Ms. Lowe is looking at the jury as she responds to the questions.

KL up: remember to keep posts on topic! You guys continue to do such a good job with this and we thank you!

Oh noes...Lowe directing her answers to the jury!

Careful, Karen...CM is watching you. LOL!

Good morning everyone and so sorry for your luck Mr Baez.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1