2011.06.04 TRIAL Day Ten (Morning Session ONLY)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Given the thorough cleaning of the car by the A's...I thought we considered it very fortunate that a hair was even found?! Right?

Yes, and that makes me CRAZZZEEE! Cindy is 1) a nurse, 2) knows what decomp smells like 3) proceeds to give the car a spring cleaning, complete with an entire can of Febreeze....HELLO??! Why isn't this a bigger deal, or did I miss something??
:banghead:

Hee! JA had an incomprehensible question that sounded like a JB question and admitted it and apologized. Love it.

Q12 hair, not naturally shed. Yep, I did hear that right.

Bye bye transfer theory?

Well, it seems to be that while this particular cross by JB may be seen as effective for the defense, it could also shoot another whole in inferences made by JB during his OS, and during his cross of GA. JB is trying to keep the jury from connecting hair from a decomposing body to the car. Then, the argument from the SA that a decomposing body was in ICA's car would not be so strong. OK, I get that. But, then I think back to JB 's OS where he connects GA to the disposal of the body, and then to JB's cross of GA when he clearly wanted the jury to think that GA knew the smell in the car was that of human decomposition. And it seems to me that he cannot expect the jury to conclude both that human decomposition smell was in the car per GA's testimony, but then to also conclude that no hairs consistent with human decomposition were possibly found I. The trunk. If he is laying the premise that GA knew there was the smell of decomposition in the trunk and inferring that GA used the trunk of the car in the disposal of the body, then he is contradicting the argument he is making with this FBI witness that the hair found and examined was not from a decomposing body, JMO

Yes! This is almost exactly what I said in another post. Sure, he does a good job of confusing the jury, but there's no logical defense strategy going on! He hasn't had any of the witnesses say anything that in one way or another supports the theory he presented at the beginning of the trial. There's no strategical move to build an alternative scenario what so ever.

I haven't heard most of her testimony but I caught a little bit of Jose questioning her and I have to say he is making a little bit of headway on this issue. I will say this (although I am sure this opinion will not be very popular), I think there is alot of uncertainty about this hair banding and since it is very new scientific evidence it should not be used to prove a murder versus just using it to prove a death may have occurred to say a missing person.

BBM & OT: "headway" tee hee :floorlaugh:

I hate to say it but he's made a good case by pointing out that only one hair out of all that she tested showed the banding. Making me, looking at it as a juror, think it might just be a mistake. JMO

It wasn't a mistake, it was divine intervention. And I don't think science can mix up life and death.

JA needs to take a deep breath...I understand he knows his stuff, but he needs to relax a bit.

Why would anyone want anything to do with him after this?? He has got to be the worst attorney I have ever seen. Also, we have to remember that Casey has 4 other qualified attorney's sitting at that table. That will be very hard for Casey to get an inaffective counsel appeal.

Casey made her decision...

Even Judge Perry mentioned the other day that ICA has FIVE lawyers sitting on her DT. So phhhhfffttt goes the ineffective counsel appeal. ICA is mentally competent to stand trial therefore she can choose her lawyer and her defense.

bobkealing bob kealing
#caseyanthonytrial Baez suggesting a secondary source transferred death band hair to trunk.

Redirect exam of Karen Lowe by JB:

A hair can not be said to be to the exclusion of all others.

This hair may not have been forceably removed, but it was not naturally shed. It did not have the club shaped root.

She looked at a lot of hairs in this case and found one with the characteristics consistent with decomposition. This hair could have been from Caylee or anyone maternally related. The combination of microscopic and mitochondrial analysis is helpful in elimination. ICA's sample was microscopically different from Caylee. She might not be able to distinguish it from a maternal sample with the same characteristics. C-12 was not chemically treated and was brown in color. The hair in Caylee's hairbrush - she didn't know if it was naturally shed. The one in the brush did not have the root banding.

The Q-12 hair, assuming the one in the brush and the Q-12 hair were Caylee's, whatever happened in the root banding hair was not natural to her hair.

Recross by JB.

A pulled hair is more likely to contain tissue which would assist in nuclear DNA.

She did not know how long the hair had been there or the history of ICA's hair treatments. She just knows the history of the hair in the samples.

Hair has characteristics of coming from a dead body, but she can't say absolutely.

Witness excused.

so I guess they're now saying that this hair that does not belong to Caylee Anthony who wasn't dead at the time got there because George disposed of dead Caylee and then Casey (abusively, no doubt), the hair got on Casey via secondary transfer and then she was in contact with the smelly trunk.

I think there was only one hair because Casey attempted to clean her trunk to get rid of the stink.

I have been wanting to scream: There is only one hair because the rest of them were duct taped around sweet Calee's head and face. Walking away for a while.

It's important because it proves that a decomposing body was in the trunk of Casey's car. A dead body should not be in the trunk of any car. It is also consistent with hair from Caylee Anthony... the deceased victim in this case. If it were an accident... why put the body in the trunk?

They are not using this evidence to prove a murder (the duct tape will be used for that), but they are using this evidence to prove that Caylee was deceased in the trunk of that car.

O.k. that makes sense, it is just being used to show that at one time a deceased Caylee was in the trunk of the car.

oh sweet jesus just say "casey and cindy" are not dead and the greater assumption is the owner of this hair is dead based on what we see here.

CFNews13Casey Casey Anthony News13
Ashton seems to make jurors laugh. Just corrected himself saying he asked an awful question.
1 minute ago

I hate to say it but he's made a good case by pointing out that only one hair out of all that she tested showed the banding. Making me, looking at it as a juror, think it might just be a mistake. JMO

The thing that I would be thinking is "one hair with characteristics of human decomposition is one too many." It shouldn't be there. Caylee's hair shouldn't show signs of decomposition at all... unless of course, she was deceased and in that trunk.

JB is talking about primary and secondary transfers (from the source or from source to another person and deposited)

JA: this hair was not naturally shed
Ms Lowe: correct
JA: you looked at a lot of hairs in this case and you found one with (pmhb)
Ms Lowe : correct

JA: the hair from hair brush (Caylee's)- was that a naturally shed hair
Ms Lowe: did it have root banding?
Ms Lowe: did not

Re Cross (please no)
JB: pulled hair would be more likely to have tissue
Ms Lowe - yes

(sorry, the rest of that, I gave up)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics