2011.06.04 TRIAL Day Ten (Morning Session ONLY)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
SOTS your hunny is sick! I thought DS did the experts :waitasec:

Karen Korsberg Lowe being questioned by JA.

Trace evidence expert with the FBI. Worked for FBI for over 15 years, 13 in this position.

BS in Biology, MS in Criminal Justice and several post grad forensic sciences classes.

FBI training - just over a year in training within FBI, tests, Boards. 13 years qualified as an examiner. She has been qualified in court 44 times to give expert testimony in trace examining.

Majority of expert testimony has touched on microscopic examination of hairs

JA presented her as Expert.

JB objected and HHBP allowing him to voir dire the witness.

This is the first time she has testified on hair banding

Side bar.

Oh no! JB you can't cross-examine to save yourself, why not let Sims have the limelight, since she knows what she is doing.

Oh noes...Lowe directing her answers to the jury!

Careful, Karen...CM is watching you. LOL!

That's the very first thing i noticed - and of course Jeff Ashton sets up all of her qualifications.

Oh no, here goes JB into his pet project .

JB still did it............WOW....he needs a time out (Big Fine)

wow - they are desperate to keep Karen Lowe out of this trial - she must scare the pants off them

Sidebar? Did he ask something he wasn't supposed to after 1 question?

JP allowing brief voir dire afterall.

Same here.. I wonder if the "dummies" guys have one called "Trial Procedure for Dummies"... I've learned a lot from Judge Perry's lessons for Jose, but.. Geez... Is Mason helping Baez come up with these insane objections and stuff??

I think there is a free version of Black's Law Dictionary online, maybe JB could consult it

The witness is explaining her credentials.

JA: how long ago that you became qualified as an examiner?

13 years

JA: ever been called to testify?

44 testimony

JA: how many juristictions?

federal, state and local area

JA: how many time for hair?

I don't track it that way but most have a least touched on hair

JA: your honor this is an expert on trace evidence, specifically hair

HHJP: you can have a small voir dire as to her expertise.

JB: is going to question this witness about her being an expert "or not."

15 minutes in and we're already at sidebar. JB is determined to make these 4 hours of testimony as tedious for the jury as possible. :(

JB: (Voir Dire) "This is the first time you have testified on hair banding correct?

Witness: correct

sidebar

JB only asked 1 question -

Is this your first time testifying on hair banding?

KL - Yes.

I hope this doesn't come back to bite the state. But if the science is sound, someone has to be the first. Hopefully HHJP will allow it.

why did they get someone that has never testified about hairbanding before??

why is the judge allowing this voir dire? he must not think she is all that qualified. Couldn't the state find someone more qualified that has done this before?

Oh no! JB you can't cross-examine to save yourself, why not let Sims have the limelight, since she knows what she is doing.

I know, I'm confused why JB is doing it. Trying to make a name for himself? :floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Baez asks Lowe if this is first time she's examined... Judge immediately calls attorneys to the bench. Perry looked annoyed.
by cfnews13casey via twitter at 9:16 AM

sidebar called by judge after JB asked during his voir dire if she had ever testified on banding before

Sidebar...I think Lil JB is getting a spanking! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
relaxininaz