2011.06.06 TRIAL Day Eleven (Afternoon Session)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can find no other plausible explanation other than that (there was a human body decomposing in the trunk) to explain our findings.

I'm certainly not technically or scientifically minded - far from it - and I'm getting it, for the most part. Dr. Vass has a way of explaining difficult concepts even to the lay person, IMO.

True. But a lot of it is highly technical so hard to break down. Remember the women the prosecution wanted to get off.

Oh no Jose's up!

Dr. Vass can find no other plausible explanation other than there was a decomposing human body in the trunk of the car.

JB's cross is up now.

What drove Det. Melich to seek Dr. Vass?

My understanding is that Dr. Vass is widely considered an expert in the field and at Oak Ridge Research Labs (Body Farm). When you have something at this level that needs to be explained, you go to the best.

No other plausible explanation than there was a decomposing human body in the trunk...

Seriously? Would love to see that. Amazing that they can diffentiate the decompositional odour between two different mammals.

What was the basis that he said he differentiated between the two?

lots of threads on that - maybe someone can help me find them - the reports "spread sheet" the compounds and whether or not they are found in various mammalian decompositional events

JA w/Dr. Vass - afternoon session

chemical extraction of methanol ...reason insect pupae ....

instrument revealed number of fatty acids; palmetic, oleic, steric....etc. composition make of up adipocere or grave wax....breakdown of fat....associated with decomp...receiving 8 triple sorbent traps (tst) from OCSO - want to confirm carpet sample was point source of the odor....also contained tst on garbage from the trunk...examine tst confirm carpet point source of odor - combination of chemical components present....looked @ trash, interior of car, garage air ....hi abudance in carpet sample....none in trash or garage air in those concentrations.

when encounter odor - flowers/trash etc... concentration of chemicals that make each odor unique....going to be unique cross reactivity - rose may have 12 chemicals and trash has another 20 chemicals...may have same chemicals in rose and trash but interraction between the chemicals ....10 comounds in rose 2 are found in the trash .... each chemical gives odor signature....51 compounds 41 human decom of those 41 overlap w/gasoline....ie; benzine..... eliminate all gasoline components to eliminate confusion....control samples eliminated.....eliminate decompose pizza/squirrel remnants/garage air left approx. 16 compounds 7 are significant....in 2008 paper published list 30 compounds relavant and significant to human decomp.......500 compounds w/decomp narowed down to 30....narrowed how unusual, chemical class, environ. factors..... eliminate 13 overlap with gas, left 7, in back car one expects to se gas in car (object-overrule0

decesion tree of 08 paper.....most relevant compounds differentiate anareobic compounds, early decomp or late decomp compounds - decomp is cyclic ....bacteria degrades @ different rates...early decomp and late and anaerobic and aerobic.

7 compounds left out of 30 relevant out of the 500 compounds of decomp

based upon odor - opinion? consistent w/decomp....acedic acid product of decomp....not unusual it's in vinegar....spare tire cover consistent w/decomp...inorganic compounds elevated

carpet of spare tire cover extraction....butyeric acid....consistent w/decomp..don't see a lot of enviornmental control samples ....very early decomp event....usually metabolized by ......don't see it often in

adipocere - breakdown of adipose tissue -fat - every one of fatty acids identified on paper towels....not just human....sodium is higher is reported in literature is more human like vs. pigs.......

adding to ofactory observation....opinion whether decomoposing human body in the trunk of that car...do have an opinion- No Other Plausible explanation to explain what we found!

Cross

<------ this momma is sitting on her hands during cross

:blowkiss:

Vass: no other plausible explanation other than was a decomposing body in trunk to explain what we found (paraphrased)

Doesn't seem like the last 3 years in jail have been a problem for ICA at all. So maybe you have hit the nail on the head here. Maybe she accepts a guilty verdict is likely. And as a Florida taxpayer ICA will double dip into the coffers of taxpayers for her appeal.

I truly believe that ICA believes she will be found not guilty. ICA is a narcissist to the Nth degree and I think she sees no other verdict. I almost wonder if she thinks that the experts for the prosecution are liars or... ugh, I can't express my thoughts! (Sometimes my brains has lots of thoughts, but I can't find the vocabulary to express them!)

Like she thinks that alllll these witnesses and experts, etc, are just jumping on a "Convict Casey" bandwagon and that they are exaggerating and fabricating to make for a good witness. Do you know what I mean? *We* know the witness are viable and "good"... but I don't think she sees that.

I hope these thoughts pertain to this thread, thus to the trial today. If not and I broke the forum rules, I apologize. Please just let me know.

Cindy B in ATL

She seems bored......like she is thinking I thought this was gonna be about me ME ME,but it is all about Caylee!!!Nobody is talking about me ME ME!!!

Butyric acid - you don't see a lot of this in environmental samples. It is an EARLY decomposition compound. Found in the spare tire well cover scrapings.

[sleuths - this is great for the time line]

Did they say if this was found on the inside of the tire cover, or the outside?

Oh God give each and everyone of us strength to get through JB's cross, please let no harm come to our computers, TV's, phones, and each other.

Seriously? Would love to see that. Amazing that they can diffentiate the decompositional odour between two different mammals.

What was the basis that he said he differentiated between the two?

this morning he said something like "for instance a decomposing pig will smell sweet, where as undomesticated animals will smell......"(something different, i don't remember what term he used)

JB has now established that Dr. Vass isn't a chemist, in addition to the morning session where he established several times that Dr. Vass isn't a physicist.

I wonder if he's going to ask next if he's a mechanic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lockett