2011.06.06 TRIAL Day Eleven (Morning Session)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you notice how quick JB objected before Vass could even get the answer out??? LOL.

He really didn't want the jury to hear that answer.

125naj4.jpg

m83h39.jpg

1z2iqva.jpg

I'm pretty sure this comes from the A.Lyon school of defense stalling and disruption 101. Baez's Bible.

I believe you are CORRECT!!!

Didn't SOTS do a synopsis in the AL Tapes & Lectures thread stating such?? :waitasec:

ID'd 51 chemical components. One was chloroform. Largest peak or base peak was chloroform.They were shocked. Never seen it that high in environmental samples before. Can be biproduct of decomp, in parts per trillion.

IOW in very very trace amounts.

Dr Vass: Chloroform evaporates quickly like gasoline.

I have never seen Jose appear so agitated. For his sake, I hope he doesn't do cross on this witness, or we may just see him get charged with contempt.

Dr. Vass was shocked. Had never seen chloroform levels that high in his...sorry, missed the rest. But he was SHOCKED.
I keep saying she was chloroformed. I want to hear the relationship between a bathing suit (chlorine) and chloroform.

Every time JB objects, it makes Dr. Vass' testimony and key pieces of testimony stand out even more and seem even more important and startling.

Chloroform has a high rate of evaporation, like gasoline. Chloroform evaporated over time before sample was collection. Therefore... AFTER evaporation, it was in ppm (parts per million). Therefore this was a LOW estimate of how much was in trunk to begin with.

I expect JB to stand and say "second verse, same as the first" LOL

JB won't stop insinuating that the witness doesn't know what he's talking about.

Baez is only showing the jury just how important this testimony is by his constant objections. He is calling attention to his not wanting this testimony to be heard.

I believe this stuff only works if the jury actually likes you. If they don't it sucks to be the defendant.

Dr. Vass got a control sample of carpet to compare to the evidence sample.

Quantification of the chloroform would be pointless since the peak reflected chloroform after much evaporation of what was originally there. - paraphrasing Vass.

IOW, there was a huge amount even after most had evaporated.

Vass was able to identify additional compounds. What was the result of your concentrated analysis. We identified 51 components--one of which was chloroform.

The chromatogram showed chloroform as concentrated. We were SHOCKED. we'd never seen cholorform at that level.

THIS IS A FINAL WARNING.

We do NOT discuss the accents of various players in this case.

Whether you find it charming or otherwise, it is simply irrelevant to the witness's credentials, intelligence, and testimony.

TO's are queued up and ready to go.

Bumping on this fast-moving thread.

Baez: "OBJECTION! This witness is testifying outside his area of his expertise."

Dr Vass has SO MANY AREAS OF EXPERTISE, JB could not even list them, let alone understand his brilliance and overall comfort with many scientific areas of expertise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member