2011.06.09 Sidebar (Trial Day Fourteen):

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Today I wish ICA was in general population. Jail house justice would be fine with me.

If it IS a panic attack, I wish her a teeny tiny little box of a cell with stale air and a tilted floor.

I totally agree with what others here have said...........ICA's performance was simply a sideshow and a sympathy ploy. We've all seen the vast difference between how ICA acts when the jury is in the courtroom and when they're not. I don't believe for one second that Casey is really ill!

Some thoughts on all of this........................

The state has stated that they expect to end their case in chief on Friday, June 17th. Losing this afternoon session will put them behind, so I think we can expect that unless there's further delays, the state won't rest until Saturday, June 18th.

I hope this won't have any impact on the jurors. I'm particularly concerned about juror #4. Yesterday on Nancy Grace, Jeanne Casarez stated that juror #4 doesn't take many notes and when she does, it's when the defense is cross examining a witness. She spends a lot of time gazing at Casey. This woman is the juror who stated during jury selection that she could judge someone else. Jeanne Casarez is very concerned that this woman could cause a hung jury.

I'm glad that Dr. G wasn't waiting outside in the hall to testify. She's a busy woman and shouldn't have to forfeit a day at work because the defendant is faking illness.

A plea? It's too late for a plea deal, but she could change her plea to guilty and throw herself on the mercy of the court. But, I doubt Casey is capable of accepting responsibility for her crime.

And Jean C is also the same one among others to report that juror #4 stared at ICA during the jail house videos shaking her no.

I think Jean C is like some of the others. She will say something negative on JVM and then do a 180 on NG.

I just asked over the in lawyer thread about Casey and her sudden illness today. So we'll see what the lawyerly types say about this.

I would think only a doctor can!

If she tries to drag it out longer than tomorrow, my money is on a doctor being called in to say that she is able or unable to stand trial. If a doctor says she is faking or able to stand then things would proceed (ETA With her there, like it or not). She would be a fool to keep these jurors from their family any longer than absolutely necessary. I would bet that she will be back tomorrow, Sat at the latest.

I don't think she has a panic disorder though. If it's a panic disorder if would show up a lot right? Let's think back to Cindy frantic 911 call: Casey cool as a cucumber. Casey being interrogated by two forceful police officers: Casey cool as a cucumber. Casey being placed in handcuffs: Chilling Smiling as if she didn't have a missing child. Casey talking to her parents in jail: laughing. Nope, she doesn't have a panic disorder. She wanted to run from this today.

She has a similar response the day Caylee's remains were found, and in week four facing the potential jurors when her charges were read over and over and over again, while she faced those potential jurors.

Think this is a huge reality check reaction. No way was she able to play paralegal through the release of those photos in the court.

It would take much more than 3 bottles of water to cause "water intoxication". It causes a depletion of sodium and can lead to convulsions, death. No way do I think she has it though. It's often associated with schizophrenia, for some reason they drink water in huge amountS (not all of them, but some). OT, I know...sorry.

Were GA & CA in court today? They are the ones who must be sick seeing their gbaby reduced to skeletal remains, in that filthy bag, with duct tape over her mouth and nose.

ITA - she wasn't faking, but I think she was remembering how disgusting the sight and smell of Caylee was - her mind took her there whether she wanted it to or not.

True...the last time she was in those woods she was lugging the stinking decomposing bloated body of our baby. I refuse to say her baby.

Really? Wow - the prisoners get better treatment than my husband. He suffered from AFIB for years (pain, heart beating out of control). The emergency room never kept him overnight. Once they got the HB under control, they sent him home. Could be an hour, could be 2. I think the most was 4-6 hours. He did finally have surgery to fix it, but more often than not, I had to keep watch over him.

MOO

Mel

Sad but true....When I was in the Army I was stationed at Ft Devens,MA. It closed downLocal prison took over base hospital.Hospital had to be refurbished because it did not meet prisioner statards.....Mind you it met soldier standards(who went to war and fought and died) for years......:waitasec:

Per Twitter updates....two prison vans seen leaving courthouse. News Chopper following to see if they go back to jail or hospital.

I guess it's because very few people here have never been to a murder trial or even prepared for one. You don't eat, sleep, and your stress level is beyond high. You have a back ache that even a shot of morphine wouldn't help. I actually got out of criminal law because I thought I was going to have a nervous breakdown, of course civil was bad but not as bad IMO.

WAIT!!! Doesnt this go against the defense theory that she has no emotions and that is why she acted the way she did during the 31 days. These are only the photos, she saw her daughter's actual dead body back then and held it in her arms and then went to blockbuster and rented a movie. Doesnt this blow their "she has no emtions theory"

For me, that theory was blown out of the water the instant I saw her cry her eyes out when TL was on the witness stand. Mourn the loss of that relationship...but can't shed a tear for your "accidentally drown" daughter?

Next.

Just my two cents to add to everyone's observations.

I noticed she grimaced a few times throughout the day once the remains portion started. In my opinion she was faking "pain" that was "surprising" her together with the other symptoms of a pseudo panic attack.

It crossed my mind she was trying to get out of this situation and may try to continue to complain of some pain...I just hope she is fully examined and anything real is ruled out so they can proceed with the trial. Maybe that's what JP was making a call about...to have her fully checked out medically.

?????

WAIT!!! Doesnt this go against the defense theory that she has no emotions and that is why she acted the way she did during the 31 days. These are only the photos, she saw her daughter's actual dead body back then and held it in her arms and then went to blockbuster and rented a movie. Doesnt this blow their "she has no emtions theory"

Good catch - it sure does. If you want to stand by the defense's theory - she would sit there cold as ice as if nothing was happening around her.

This isn't helping much is it!

MOO

Mel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads