2011.06.10 Sidebar (Trial Day Fifteen)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am betting the Sentinal lawyers are scrambling right now to do damage control. Shame on that reporter. Wonder what the consequences for an act like that would be for him personally.
hmmm.. I though that JP said the skull had to be blurred.. not the other parts.. i glanced there arnt any there with the skull showing is there?

I could be mistaken at what the judge said.. but that is what i thought he said.

I just watched all of today's vids. My hat is off to Dr. G and HH Judge Perry who imo were kickin azz today....for Caylee.

Baez and his clown team...........I really can't find words.....:butthead::ohdear:

Today, 12:44 AM
Irish_Eyes
Registered User Join Date: Oct 2008

"clickorlando_dd daniel dahm
Local 6 reporter @TonyPipitone describes juror No. 5 in #CaseyAnthony murder trial. she tends to stare at Casey -- http://bit.ly/lT9e9e
9 Jun "

Got this from another thread. We were all wondering today who ICA was referring to when she told DS that 'she has got to stop staring at me'. It must have been juror # 5.

It looks like either 2003 or 2008. Cindy I believe stated it was 2003. However on Dr. Drew last night he said that journal type was not made until 2004. That's the first I heard that the journal wasn't into production until 2004.

grandmaj, that's something we knew. Don't recall when it first was discovered and couldn't find it for you if I tried. :crazy:

cross-post:
I'm new here...I'm a retired attorney...but with little criminal trial experience (and I'm anti-DP). However, from what I've seen her defense is not looking well, at all/

Watching this trial brings me back to law school, 1987-1990. Rules of Evidence, criminal procedure, building up a foundation, and all that.

And in my professional life I was a clinical instructor for a large U. law school. Baez would have got failing marks from me.

:welcome:

Glad you decided to join us. Really looking forward to your thoughts and insight.

ITA, and after Dr. G's testimony today, he can't argue (successfully) what I have bolded above.

Even Geraldo stated today that the case is lost at this point for the defense...based on what they disclosed during opening statements.. but he thinks there could be an ace up the sleeve like the OJ trial... good luck:floorlaugh:

Today, 12:44 AM
Irish_Eyes
Registered User Join Date: Oct 2008

"clickorlando_dd daniel dahm
Local 6 reporter @TonyPipitone describes juror No. 5 in #CaseyAnthony murder trial. she tends to stare at Casey -- http://bit.ly/lT9e9e
9 Jun "

Got this from another thread. We were all wondering today who ICA was referring to when she told DS that 'she has got to stop staring at me'. It must have been juror # 5.

Which thread were you discussing it in? Would love to go and read that part. :)

1) JB purchased transcripts of other depos he had, but lost?
2) JB & CM have disagreement over # of Objections Sustained. Whomever loses bet pays for transcripts and drinks this evening.
3) Paying off ICA debt for toilet paper & Kleenex
IMO

THAT is interesting! Someone posted a woman speaking to JB after the trial. I think she was from this office. How did you find that? :bud:

yeah me too .. i missed most of today.. so trying to catch up tonite..

I thought the judge ruled that the pictures of the skull would be pixelated? I didn't hear him speak about any other bones? Can someone tell me the ruling? Thank you!

I thought this picture was interesting.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...60213962.77147.174731405877338&type=1&theater

Without the jury in the courtroom, Casey Anthony is seen shortly after watching a video demonstration showing the skull of her daughter superimposed on a photo of the child when she was alive during trial at the Orange County Courthouse on Friday, June 10, 2011. (Joe Burbank, Orlando Sentinel) Orlando Sentinel

Thank you Mr. Burbank for your pictures of the trial.

Even Geraldo stated today that the case is lost at this point for the defense...based on what they disclosed during opening statements.. but he thinks there could be an ace up the sleeve like the OJ trial... good luck:floorlaugh:

Geraldo is deluding himself. Baez is NO Johnnie Cochran. As much as Geraldo would like for Baez to suddenly turn into 'MY COUSIN VINNIE'--it is not going to happen. There is no ace up the sleeve in this case because facts are facts. There could never be another defendant as unlikable and undefendable than Casey Marie Anthony.imoo

Geraldo is deluding himself. Baez is NO Johnnie Cochran. As much as Geraldo would like for Baez to suddenly turn into 'MY COUSIN VINNIE'--it is not going to happen. There is no ace up the sleeve in this case because facts are facts. There could never be another defendant as unlikable and undefendable than Casey Marie Anthony.imoo

To be fair, Johnny Cochran and JB are probably going to have identical records for trials won in this calendar year.

But if JB somehow causes a mistrial or Casey does, I think JB could avoid being involved in a retrial. So maybe that is his plan...

He won't stick aroundfor a mistrial...he will skadaddle out of there....none of them will stick around....

What on earth are you talking about? Of course the body has a manible. It's made of iorn.

My 8 year old (who of course is NOT watching the trial) walked by my computer where I had the trial on but muted. She saw Jose bring out his big notepad so she stopped to see what he was writing.

She yells at me: "MOM Jose just did it AGAIN." :floorlaugh:

I come in to look and I laugh. :floorlaugh:

My 8 year old, (with her shoes on the wrong feet) then informed me that even SHE knows what a ManDible is and how to spell it (and she is dyslexic!)

She asked me why you don't have to take a spelling test to be a lawyer. :innocent:

Jose... you are being upstaged by an 8 year old... and she isn't even a typical 8 year old. :crazy:

Please... before you go up to write anything... make sure you know how to spell it. :seeya:

The mock juror spent many hours last night and this morning, pondering the evidence presented thus far in court. The mock juror was concerned that she may not be able to determine (for certain) whether ICA intended for Caylee to die. This kept the mock juror up most of the night. So this morning, the mock juror looked up Florida law regarding First Degree Murder. This is what she found:

Felony murder occurs when a person kills another human being while engaged in the commission, or attempted commission, of the following statutorily enumerated felonies, regardless of whether they intended to kill anybody:

Aggravated abuse of an elderly person or disabled adult,
Aggravated child abuse,
Aggravated stalking,
Aircraft piracy,
Arson,
Burglary
Carjacking,
Distribution of Controlled Substances
Escape,
Home-invasion robbery,
Kidnapping,
Murder of another human being,
Resisting Officer with Violence,
Robbery,
Sexual battery,
Terrorism,
Trafficking in Controlled Substances, or
Unlawful throwing, placing, or discharging of a destructive device or bomb.

The mock juror then looked up "aggravated child abuse" under Florida law, and found this:

827.03 Abuse, aggravated abuse, and neglect of a child; penalties.--

(1) "Child abuse" means:

(a) Intentional infliction of physical or mental injury upon a child;

(b) An intentional act that could reasonably be expected to result in physical or mental injury to a child; or

(c) Active encouragement of any person to commit an act that results or could reasonably be expected to result in physical or mental injury to a child.

A person who knowingly or willfully abuses a child without causing great bodily harm, permanent disability, or permanent disfigurement to the child commits a felony of the third degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084.

(2) "Aggravated child abuse" occurs when a person:

(a) Commits aggravated battery on a child;

(b) Willfully tortures, maliciously punishes, or willfully and unlawfully cages a child; or

(c) Knowingly or willfully abuses a child and in so doing causes great bodily harm, permanent disability, or permanent disfigurement to the child.

A person who commits aggravated child abuse commits a felony of the first degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084.

NG and Joy concerned about the lady juror who apparently said she could not judge someone.

Makes me feel sick just thinking about it.

Keep hearing that comment it only takes one. Why did HHJBP allow a person who said they could not judge as a juror for a death penalty case.

"Judge not, least you be judged". A bedrock of Jewish / Christian faith. The very faith and value system our nation & judicial system was based on. In a perfect world every jury in every case would have 12 people as rock solid as this woman. Thank God she's on the jury, she will vote guilty & I wouldn't be surprised to hear if she turns out to be one of the leaders in the jury room when deliberations start. The verdict will be death.

I thought this picture was interesting.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...60213962.77147.174731405877338&type=1&theater

Thank you Mr. Burbank for your pictures of the trial.

WTF???? She is laughing...laughing. I just cannot believe how freaking evil she is...we are all here for Caylee...most upset and having sleep disturbances...missing lunches...and this is a joke to her??? Oh my...heaven help me not say what I really think. I think I just threw up in my mouth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kezzx