2011.06.10 Sidebar (Trial Day Fifteen)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
EXACTLY. The Honorable Judge Perry is forcing Baez's hand. He is not going to allow the DT the chance to start over and change their OS to something more believable. I have no doubt that Baez sees what a big mistake he made and wants badly to restart the trial. Especially after seeing the state's case. He would LOVE to begin again and stick to accidental, without all the other drama he threw in.
But since JP is promising him that he will NOT be able to skip over presenting his case, mistrial or not, that dream is over for Baez. Now he really has to get his opening statement together, fast. imoo
:panic::countsheep::bricks:

I am a newcomer here, although I've been following this case from the first day it made national news. I suspect that ICA has not even told JB the truth; she is unable to be honest with anyone. Therefore, JB and the team had to come up with some type of defense. JB was po'd at the Anthony's, particularly Lee and George for questioning his experience and trying to get Casey to correspond with LE without his involvement. So he decided to advance this defense as a "get even" strategy. It became personal to him. And he is going to exploit this in every way--not just for press, attention, fame, and a career boost, but also to "punish" those who dared to challenge him and his ego. JB is very similar to his client, but not as smart, and not as psychopathic. That's my take, anyway. Appreciate all of you...you make me laugh out loud, and want to shake all of your hands every day. :applause:

Diary entry dated "June 21" and reads:

I have no regrets, just a bit worried. I just want for everything to work out okay. I completely trust my own judgment & know that I made the right decision. I just hope that the end justifies the means. I just want to know what the future will hold for me. I guess I will soon see -- This is the happiest that I have been in a very long time. I hope that my happiness will continue to grow -- I've made new friends that I really like. I've surrounded myself with good people -- I am finally happy. Let's just hope that it doesn't change.

Will this entry be entered into evidence during the guilt/innocence phase? Or will this come in during penalty phase?

Just Wondering!

I had my son's kindergarten graduation today, so I was in and out with that and the after events and I am still not quite clear on something: The video of the tape/skull, superimposed with the pic of Caylee while she was alive. Was there animation of KC actually putting the tape on her, or was it just the fading in of one photo on the other? I know we didn't get to see it, but do we know this? TIA!!

I am a newcomer here, although I've been following this case from the first day it made national news. I suspect that ICA has not even told JB the truth; she is unable to be honest with anyone. Therefore, JB and the team had to come up with some type of defense. JB was po'd at the Anthony's, particularly Lee and George for questioning his experience and trying to get Casey to correspond with LE without his involvement. So he decided to advance this defense as a "get even" strategy. It became personal to him. And he is going to exploit this in every way--not just for press, attention, fame, and a career boost, but also to "punish" those who dared to challenge him and his ego. JB is very similar to his client, but not as smart, and not as psychopathic. That's my take, anyway. Appreciate all of you...you make me laugh out loud, and want to shake all of your hands every day. :applause:

:rollercoaster::goodpost::welcome::fireworks:

I have no regrets, just a bit worried. I just want for everything to work out okay. I completely trust my own judgment & know that I made the right decision. I just hope that the end justifies the means. I just want to know what the future will hold for me. I guess I will soon see -- This is the happiest that I have been in a very long time. I hope that my happiness will continue to grow -- I've made new friends that I really like. I've surrounded myself with good people -- I am finally happy. Let's just hope that it doesn't change.

Will this entry be entered into evidence during the guilt/innocence phase? Or will this come in during penalty phase?

Just Wondering!

Personally, I can't see that coming in at all unless they're somehow able to prove that it was written June 21, 2008. IIRC the only year written anywhere in the book was 2004 or something, so unless there is forensics that can date the ink to the correct time frame, there's just no proof that she wrote it about Caylee's death, and not about breaking up with a boyfriend, or leaving a job, or deciding not to go to college, or a myriad of other difficult situations that one faces in life.

Without that proof, I don't see how they could get it in.

I had my son's kindergarten graduation today, so I was in and out with that and the after events and I am still not quite clear on something: The video of the tape/skull, superimposed with the pic of Caylee while she was alive. Was there animation of KC actually putting the tape on her, or was it just the fading in of one photo on the other? I know we didn't get to see it, but do we know this? TIA!!

No, Casey was not part of the video but that would have been great. LOL
I think that is what people imagine, but it was not included in the video, imo.

Just Wondering!

It sounds like it could even have been written in June 2005; didn't she tell her mom about the pregnancy sometime around this date?

06/10/2011 Transaction Assessment 140.99
06/10/2011 Counter Payment Receipt # CR-2011-38689 ANTHONY, CASEY MARIE (140.99)

I wonder who picked up this from the Clerk of Court today? And, what it was.

1) JB purchased transcripts of other depos he had, but lost?
2) JB & CM have disagreement over # of Objections Sustained. Whomever loses bet pays for transcripts and drinks this evening.
3) Paying off ICA debt for toilet paper & Kleenex
IMO

ty for all these, you are a star my dear.

I find it amazing that she could do the things she did and handle hearing it all okay, but the whole chewing by animals thing seems to do her in - anyone got any ideas as to why this might be? I cant even guess....

Just a guess..but Caylee was HER possession to do with what SHE wants and it's ok.

Does anyone think that after today's testimonies that ICA will get up on the stand to testify herself, or was this enough to scare the DT off from doing that?

Don't know if this has been posted yet, but, if anyone is looking for Dr G's amazing testimony, it's part 6 on WFTV site. Here's a link: http://www.wftv.com/video/28195872/index.html

eta: It starts in part 6 but continues into part 7

eta2: I blew it! It starts with part 5, then all of part 6 and into part 7.

WErner Spitz's name came up in Pt 6 as a defense pathologist wanting to see the autopsy. Denied by statute. Crooked like Michael Baden, in my experience and opinion. Wonder if Spitz will be a defense expert. This guy has got to be seen to be fully disbelieved. A charlatan made a fool of in Spector I with Drs. Baden and Lee.

We haven't heard testimony yet as to the cell pings have we? I wonder if that will come in or if State figures they won't need it now with DT claiming Caylee died on 6/16.

Just Wondering!

Did they ever establish for SURE what year that was written? If I remember right, there was no year and may have been from 2005. Don't remember ever seeing if that was determined or not. Thanks.

I may be reaching... but when Dr. G states "that's correct" in response to CM's final question, kind of reminded me of Vinny (obscure referrence to "My Cousin Vinny") stating
"I'm done with this guy!"

JMO

No, Casey was not part of the video but that would have been great. LOL
I think that is what people imagine, but it was not included in the video, imo.

Thank you! I know that these animation videos are used in trials all the time, but I do think, at least what I imagine in my head, would have gone too far and I would have at least asked them to edit it and bring it back. Now that I know that she wasn't in there, I think that it was prefect and won't shouldn't cause any issues at all. Shouldn't doesn't mean it won't, but I don't think that they will go far.

That said: I think that would have been great too, lol.

Are all the videos the same on various websites.. cause I missed end of today's session and so wanted to ICA's lingering put to a halt but WFTV cut it short at her winding cord..

I was watching WESH and the court officer (the male) as she was winding cord stalling, motioned let's go. She set it on the table and followed his orders. This was while the attorneys were discussing the schedule with the judge. She did not get any time with her attorneys at the end.

It sounds like it could even have been written in June 2005; didn't she tell her mom about the pregnancy sometime around this date?

Oops, just saw this after my post. I thought it was said to be written about the pregnancy as well.

It looks like either 2003 or 2008. Cindy I believe stated it was 2003. However on Dr. Drew last night he said that journal type was not made until 2004. That's the first I heard that the journal wasn't into production until 2004.

I was watching WESH and the court officer (the male) as she was winding cord stalling, motioned let's go. She set it on the table and followed his orders. This was while the attorneys were discussing the schedule with the judge. She did not get any time with her attorneys at the end.

That is correct, I observed the same thing.

EXACTLY. The Honorable Judge Perry is forcing Baez's hand. He is not going to allow the DT the chance to start over and change their OS to something more believable. I have no doubt that Baez sees what a big mistake he made and wants badly to restart the trial. Especially after seeing the state's case. He would LOVE to begin again and stick to accidental, without all the other drama he threw in.
But since JP is promising him that he will NOT be able to skip over presenting his case, mistrial or not, that dream is over for Baez. Now he really has to get his opening statement together, fast. imoo
:panic::countsheep::bricks:

ITA, and after Dr. G's testimony today, he can't argue (successfully) what I have bolded above.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gretyr