2011.06.10 Sidebar (Trial Day Fifteen)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If she gets not guilty, she is free to go. They can not try her again, ever for these charges.
BUT ... she still has to serve time for 6 felony charges ...and they can also charge her with neglect and of course that little issue about lying to police so she will not walk free ..

I am betting the Sentinal lawyers are scrambling right now to do damage control. Shame on that reporter. Wonder what the consequences for an act like that would be for him personally.

Again not to worry, Cindy will sue him.

also... we do not know WHO gave these pictures to that **site** only what they typed in under the photos... ((so let us not bash the OS or the reporter that was named either))

thanks everyone

Not to worry, That was Jose drawing the skull pics on his big paper. They all looked like baked potatos except one, it looked like a rock.
One of the items was labelled "manible". Do you know what that was?

OK we aren't going to discuss another site here. Let's move on. Thanks. :) If there are photos out there remember we aren't discussing something we can't link to.

Someone really messed up. We will hear about it in court tomorrow.

I am so worried with these spectators and their disorderly conduct ..and know this photo thing JP could just close us out all together .. WHY are people so STUPID !!

Oh,wow!
I don't see how JP can grant a mistrial over the video coming in,though. He allowed it and backed it up with the law.
I'm going with the last idea.

Huh? I didn't think it was either of those two quotes you responded to - and sorry I shouldn't be answering the quotes to I will agree with you and add,

If posters had watched HHJP closely - he actually started to smile when Baez said he wanted a mistrial. Then he just sort of looked at him for a minute as if trying to "control" himself - then he wryly gave his speech about Mistrials.

It was a very clear message to Baez - you are welcome to hop up and ask for a mistrial every time you lose a big one in this courtroom because of some evidence you couldn't counter - but you will not see me bothering to answer you until just before the verdict is delivered.

He continued to imply that he will not "hear" these constant mistrial pleas which are nonsensical and cluttering up the pace of the trial. So do one request or 80, HHJP has the right to respond only just before reading the verdict.

To me it was a clear sign - you are trying my patience Mr. Baez - cut the crap and cut it now.:rocker:

I am still trying to figure out how JB thinks this scene was tampered with or "created"??

How would one "create" animal gnawing, animal dispersion, and root growth through the remains and associated evidence??? As to evidence that skeletal remains were moved by some nefarious someone - it seems very clear that water gathering and then slowing drying and draining, animals, etc would obviously move things around.

I am astounded at the depths of his density.

Casey will be convicted of 1st degree, IMHO. The defense in opening statement placed Casey at the time of Caylee's death. They admitted that she witnessed her daughters death. The problem now for the defense is that the prosecution witnesses, especially Dr. G put into laymens terms the nonsense that the defense had in opening statement. Homicide was determined by the totality of the observations, #1 Caylee was not reported missing or that an accident happened immediately #2 She was bagged and thrown in the wood to rot #3 No childs death would ever involve duct tape prior to death or after death. It is not just a circumstantial case, it's just a plain logical case. The Defense placed Casey there at the time of death and the prosecution explained the death. Now....how do they get out of this one???? The logical and simple answer is: They don't!

Great points and lead to 1st degree murder, defense to some point but state more over, has shown Cayce to be out of her friggen mind however. Bringing back Lee with the park story just kind of reinforces the picture that not only is she a brilliant lier, but also out of her right mind. She sat in jail for 3 years and until trial continued the farse. There are 2 ways of seeing this, and the jury being new to this case with out all the detailed history just may see this as one totally messed up girl, with serious psychological problems, and come back not guilty on 1st, but guilty on all other charges. If she's made out to be any more crazy they just might, state needs a compelling motive, something to bring this up to 1st degree. Cause reasonable doubt still could mean she drown in the pool after GA left, was placed in car for several days, duct tape placed to stop body fluid purge and so on. It's all sickening to think of but without a compelling motive jury will have to think of all posibilities.

I am still trying to figure out how JB thinks this scene was tampered with or "created"??

How would one "create" animal gnawing, animal dispersion, and root growth through the remains and associated evidence??? As to evidence that skeletal remains were moved by some nefarious someone - it seems very clear that water gathering and then slowing drying and draining, animals, etc would obviously move things around.

I can't even get that far with it! I don't understand how they know that RK moved the body there if KC never knew where GA put her and on the stand he said that he didn't have anything to do with it, so obviously he didn't tell her where he put her. So how can you claim she wasn't there all along?

ETA: I should say, how can KC claim she doesn't know where she was, but knows she wasn't there?

Judge Perry ordered that all pictures were to be pixelated. If anyone is offering non-pixelated pictures please do not post them here or link to them. Thanks.

And thank God...I had a very hard time just seeing the back side of the Winnie-the-Pooh blanky covered with growth. All of my children and grandchildren have their favorite blanky which was/is almost impossible to get away from them just to wash.

:(

If I can delve into JB's brain for a second :waitasec:...I would say that they are going to try to infer that RK found the remains in August and "stored" them at that point, where they would have been there long enough for plants to grow, bones to be scattered etc...in an effort to be able to claim a reward if the $ changed from only being found alive. Just a guess...

Dr. G made good points today, everyone seems in agreement with her demeanor being most notable. Helps when you are used to being on tv.

Nancy Grace just totally gets on my last nerve though, repeating over and over animals chewing, dragging etc. I find it disrespectful to the little one to have the state of her remains to be emotion invoking hook line for NG.

Regardless of what any of us reading and/or posting on this board know, a jury is still charged with following what is presented to them in court. Aside from Dr. G., most everything has a been a bit iffy to this point and even Dr. G's opinion is not above reproach. All the talking heads seem to concur this case is really not going well, but then again, you never know for sure what a jury will do, even in the face of a somewhat weak case presentation.

We know why the jury selection experts make the big bucks.

BBM -- I always find it interesting to read differing opinions to try to keep an open mind which I'm having a hard time doing in this case.

While I respect your right to your opinion, I feel we are watching two different trials and would love to hear you expound on what you find "iffy".

Thanks.

You know what else I just realized. JB is going to have to continue with this assinine defense he stated (I think the judge knows its bogus and hurtful to GA). So JB will have to go all the way with this defense and if there is a retrial he won't be able to change this ridiculous defense story he has already put forth. He might be able to change it a little but the basic ridiculous premise he will have to keep. I think JB knows he blew it big once he saw the pictures and testimony today of the anthropologists. No one is going to believe Kronk moved the body there.

EXACTLY. The Honorable Judge Perry is forcing Baez's hand. He is not going to allow the DT the chance to start over and change their OS to something more believable. I have no doubt that Baez sees what a big mistake he made and wants badly to restart the trial. Especially after seeing the state's case. He would LOVE to begin again and stick to accidental, without all the other drama he threw in.
But since JP is promising him that he will NOT be able to skip over presenting his case, mistrial or not, that dream is over for Baez. Now he really has to get his opening statement together, fast. imoo
:panic::countsheep::bricks:

cross-post:
I'm new here...I'm a retired attorney...but with little criminal trial experience (and I'm anti-DP). However, from what I've seen her defense is not looking well, at all/

Watching this trial brings me back to law school, 1987-1990. Rules of Evidence, criminal procedure, building up a foundation, and all that.

And in my professional life I was a clinical instructor for a large U. law school. Baez would have got failing marks from me.

NG and Joy concerned about the lady juror who apparently said she could not judge someone.

Makes me feel sick just thinking about it.

Keep hearing that comment it only takes one. Why did HHJBP allow a person who said they could not judge as a juror for a death penalty case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties