Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #192

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I thought there were new dates or something since someone posted the cancellation part. That didn’t change then?

No nothing has changed with the most recent trial date.

According to various lawfirms online, plea deals might be discussed at Status Hearings as well as the Judge checking on the status with both sides in their preparation for the trial.

That could be it for sure.
But that status hearing is interesting.
What makes it interesting though? The only status hearings I’ve attended were to assess where each side was at in the case and to do basic housekeeping like: the judge would review existing orders in place and decide to modify, drop entirely or keep status quo.

New orders added if needed.

And case management such as: X will do XYZ by X date.

Is there anything else it could be? I’m not a lawyer.

My only take on this right now with no other info is JG probably expects the trial to actually happen in October. The status hearing will be to make sure everyone is set with about two months’ time to get last motions in.

JMO
I take it that Judge Gull has come to a ruling that she will allow certain aspects of the SODDI defense into the trial and wants to be able to discuss her ruling with both the prosecutors and defense, this is a very normal thing to happen before a trial.

This would also explain the trial being rescheduled to a month instead of 2 weeks although a previous commenter said that she had already ruled that defense would get the extra 2 weeks, in which case I have no idea why that hadn’t been reflected in the courts logs until now.

JMO

What makes it interesting though? The only status hearings I’ve attended were to assess where each side was at in the case and to do basic housekeeping like: the judge would review existing orders in place and decide to modify, drop entirely or keep status quo.

I’m not saying anyone here is feeding off of it but some “Delphi content creators” today made YouTube videos insisting that the status hearing was most likely about a plea deal. They probably did this for engagement.

JMO

I take it that Judge Gull has come to a ruling that she will allow certain aspects of the SODDI defense into the trial and wants to be able to discuss her ruling with both the prosecutors and defense, this is a very normal thing to happen before a trial.

This would also explain the trial being rescheduled to a month instead of 2 weeks although a previous commenter said that she had already ruled that defense would get the extra 2 weeks, in which case I have no idea why that hadn’t been reflected in the courts logs until now.

JMO
I thought they all argued about this when the D cancelled their speedy trial motion and she said if they could not do it in two weeks… and then Rossi said she had no idea what was going on in this case - moo because I don’t (ever seem) to have links handy.

I think she has now read a lot more and heard the Defense concerns a bit and has maybe decided best to extend given the amount of material the D may want to get through?

I think extending is wise on her part even if it just to entertain whatever the D wants to bring forward - give the appearance of hearing them out?

JMO
I think it was reflected on the court logs.

Oh man. It was quite the coincidental timing for the rumour mill to drop that plea deal article. I wonder how they knew this hearing date was about to be scheduled. Hmmm….

I don’t see any reason why a plea deal would happen right now. The judge hasn’t even ruled in the outstanding motions. I know that there was mention during the hearings of needing an additional day to discuss one item. I’ll see if I can find it in the notes.

Oh man. It was quite the coincidental timing for the rumour mill to drop that plea deal article. I wonder how they knew this hearing date was about to be scheduled. Hmmm….

I don’t see any reason why a plea deal would happen right now. The judge hasn’t even ruled in the outstanding motions. I know that there was mention during the hearings of needing an additional day to discuss one item. I’ll see if I can find it in the notes.
Not that I think a plea is happening, but it would certainly happen if RA decided he wants to plea out to avoid the trial and exposure after getting a glimpse of what it would be like from the hearings. If he is insisting on a change of plea, his attorneys wouldn’t have much choice. I’m not sure I believe that’s what is going on, though. It’s just very possible.

JMO

Not that I think a plea is happening, but it would certainly happen if RA decided he wants to plea out to avoid the trial and exposure after getting a glimpse of what it would be like from the hearings. If he is insisting on a change of plea, his attorneys wouldn’t have much choice. I’m not sure I believe that’s what is going on, though. It’s just very possible.

JMO
Of course, if the guy wants a plea, give him the damn plea!

I just find it so interesting that plea deal rumour was started right before this hearing was scheduled, as though their source knew this would happen.. if they drop an episode tomorrow speculating that this is about some plea deal my head will explode with overwhelming coincidence.

Then might I suggest you ask a "verified" attorney? :p

I thought they all argued about this when the D cancelled their speedy trial motion and she said if they could not do it in two weeks… and then Rossi said she had no idea what was going on in this case - moo because I don’t (ever seem) to have links handy.

I think she has now read a lot more and heard the Defense concerns a bit and has maybe decided best to extend given the amount of material the D may want to get through?

I think extending is wise on her part even if it just to entertain whatever the D wants to bring forward - give the appearance of hearing them out?

I think she has a lot of material to weigh up and rule on so she could very well extend.

The rescheduling isn’t new. We’ve known since May that the trial would go a month. Defense asked for it, and Gull granted.

ALLEN COUNTY, Ind. — At a critical hearing May 7, the trial for Delphi murders suspect Richard Allen was moved to Oct. 14 - Nov. 15, 2024. The trial had been scheduled from May 13 to May 31.

Well that kinda changes things. So the schedule was not lengthened after all. The only real change was the word “cancelled” on all the trial dates.

With all these discussions about BG or RA and the witnesses that spotted either a man dressed in blue, creepy man or muddy bloody man on or near the trail that day...

February 17th, 2017.

Did anyone see Abby and Libby anywhere along the trail or the bridge that day?

Just one person.

With all these discussions about BG or RA and the witnesses that spotted either a man dressed in blue, creepy man or muddy bloody man on or near the trail that day...

February 17th, 2017.

Just one person.
Ive wondered this before. There seemed to be so many people on the trails. The only one we know about is YBG witness right? I can’t recall if her first interview was recorded. I believe her later ones were? I’d be interested to know if she described the girls or what they were wearing.

February 17th, 2017.

Just one person.
Ive wondered this before. There seemed to be so many people on the trails. The only one we know about is YBG witness right? I can’t recall if her first interview was recorded. I believe her later ones were? I’d be interested to know if she described the girls or what they were wearing.
So now there is doubt whether the girls were ever on the trail and the bridge? :rolleyes:

So now there is doubt whether the girls were ever on the trail and the bridge? :rolleyes:

Don't you find it incredulous sometimes how sentences or opinions can be taken out of context, misconstrued or whatever the accusation might be by others from time to time.

If Libby Williams filmed a video that day with her cell phone from the bridge - what kind of doubts might there be?

I just want to know if someone else saw the two girls that day just like I want to know who else was seen 1-2 hours before the girls got there.

I wonder if the trail is popular in general or because that day in particular was unusually warm.

Abby was found wearing different clothes than the Snapchat photo and it was suggested she was wearing Libby’s clothing. I was wondering what the witness saw her wearing, if it was the same sweater or outfit she was found in.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties
Back