2011.06.10 TRIAL Day Fifteen (Afternoon Session)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we know if he used the nursing home pictures?

Radiologists, Neuroradiologists take similar CT and MRI images to make minute measurements using this kind of technology every day to look at brain tumors from a 3D perspective...

I don't think the video will be admitted, however I think the judge will allow Dr. Warren's testimony to the fact that based on his measurements the tape did in fact cover her nose and mouth

anyone have a picture of her watching that video/time lapse? she looked scary mad to me

I am praying the judge allows in this video evidence to really let it hit home to the jury.

Dr. G. made a comment about the duct tape and it's position, Does anyone remember her exact words?

She is a completely psychotic creature. No more sickness. Just ... anger. What a chilling murderer.

Like Ed Norton in that movie with Richard Gere... the split personality dude.

Keep in mind I am all for ICA frying! But this tape is not needed. The jurors already have a picture of what happened to Caylee. The tape could be too prejudicial to the Defense. JMO

I trust any decision Judge Perry makes, he's the boss and he knows best.

I gotta say, I think it's probably important that the jury sees it, but I don't think I can look at it.
KC didn't seem to find it bothersome enough for her to cry despite her daughter's picture being used to generate it.

moo

I'm okay with whatever His Honor decides. IMO - State does not need this demonstration and they do run a risk of "over-trying" their case. moo

My personal opinion is this is going to sink her boat if the animated video is allowed in...is this brand new type of evidence being allowed in court or has it been done before in FL?

Why do they need this? Just giving Casey grounds for her appeal. The jury has seen plenty of photos of the remains. They know what Caylee looked like alive. This just seems pushing it to shock rather then to aid in any scientific explanation.

Baez was actually making sense for once but he stayed true to his usual hypocrisy.

HLN defense attorney Holly thinks it's coming in

This is making me sick.

Casey is just sitting there.

But she gets hysterical when the jury is in there.

She makes me physically ill.

Good to me. Let the judge consider all that when sentencing time rolls around....

guys I just do not know about this evidence...it is prejudicial....I mean wow...sigh..i hope if it gets in it doesn't get overturned on appeal.

That is my worry!!! But even if she has to be re-tried it won't matter!!

JB - discuss duct tape being the murder weapon w/JA? discussion with Dr. G....don't remember JA asking murder weapon of duct tape but ask if possible could cover both airways - early on......didn't meet JA until later on.....Dr. Warren suggested this to Mr. JA ....not present when duct tape removed from skull...never saw other than a photo....photo with duct tape attached to hair mat....hair mat underneath skull...object- thought we were not going to have objections...tying it all together.

nestled at base of skull....normally hair usually on top....decomposed hair slumps....talking about live person.....how large child is? no - need landmarks of face ...children grow rapidly.....much older or larger in that photo ...at time of death vs. photo....photo looked fairly recently....not an infant photo.....

Dr. what is purpose of demonstration? HHBP =- show it is possible that tape could cover nose and mouth.....skull utilized necessity...frontal view of scale with photographic scale and tape taken by FBI use skull and tape overlaying image 50% opacity take the two and make same size - sizes are real and match....no scaling of photo but use scale of scale and the landmarks....move from scale and skull and scale of the tape....once scaled to skull can superimpose with image with soft tissue......the actual skull received from medical examiner office....animation will aid his explanation....it is illustrative it is possible....without the video animation can testify....disadavantage takes illustration of the science trust that he is familiar with the data....1.75 cm and anthropologic scale .....based upon photo and skull...close in time not significant growth between skull and picture....

no further questions...witness stand down...
Good grief! Are they trying to say the duct tape wasn't over her mouth and nose? Where would it have been? This is ridiculous.

This is good science but I just don't think the witness did a good job of presenting it. So in that since I do think this particular witness probably does need the video to help his testimony!

I wish they had a Neurosurgeon or Facial reconstructive Surgeon there to explain the findings. That would work much better....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
relaxininaz