2011.06.11 Sidebar (Trial Day Sixteen)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha, I just had a vision of JA cross examining the defense witnesses. JB will open the cans of worms, JA and LDB will close them. It will be a righteous thing to behold! :D

I don't think Caylee drowned,but kids who drown are not necessarily swimming in their swimsuits!!!! They fall in reaching for a ball,or a dog ,or a leaf. ETC. Two year olds don't necessarily change themselves to a swimsuit before they drown.
ANYONE WHO BELIEVES A CHILD IS SAFE FROM DROWNING BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT WEARING A BATHING SUIT IS AN ACCIDENT WAITING TO HAPPEN>
A bathing suit proves nothing.But I don't think she drowned,not with duct tape plastered on her. JMO sorry for yelling ,but this is important : )

good points. And of course I don't believe a child is safe from drowning if they are wearing regular clothes. I just feel in some cases children like to follow routines and putting swim gear on before a swim could be one of them.

Yes, this is the interview where George insists he didn't put the tape on the gas can.

At trial, GA said he did put the tape on the gas can.

I haven't seen this one answered as I "read forward" in the thread.

It is my understanding that George said yes, it was his habit to keep tape over that spot on the gas can so gas fumes would not leak out into the garage.

When the gas cans were taking into evidence, and then returned to George, George said he did not place that particular piece of tape of the gas cans because it was applied in a manner that was too messy for him to have done.
He was not saying he didn't place tape on the gas cans, but implying he didn't think he placed that particular piece - I think that's why posters may be confused.

I've always felt there was a good possibility that after Casey stormed out of the house on the night of June 15th, taking Caylee with her.

After the swim in the pool, Cindy may have put Caylee's shorts back on so she could play for a while before getting ready for bed. If there was any sort of argument between Cindy and Casey, it may have happened in the early evening before it was time to put Caylee to bed.

Then we're brought back to the stories that GA saw them in the morning, CA listened to them breath through the door, etc.
They can't blame people for questioning them, they did it to themselves by telling lies.

Maybe ICA lost her cool because Caylee pee'd on the WTP blanket while taking a nap. Maybe they were in the process of trying to potty train Caylee... just looking at another motive of why her little blanket was with her remains. I find it hard to believe ICA would do it out of love... what other reason could there be? Oh wait - possibly to disguise the body while leaving in the trunk?

I believe she set the stage to look like the nanny to her took disney and then killed her. Hence the Disney bag, blanket and even maybe the day care sign!! although what nanny carries around their sign?

I haven't seen this one answered as I "read forward" in the thread.

It is my understanding that George said yes, it was his habit to keep tape over that spot on the gas can so gas fumes would not leak out into the garage.

When the gas cans were taking into evidence, and then returned to George, George said he did not place that particular piece of tape of the gas cans because it was applied in a manner that was too messy for him to have done.
He was not saying he didn't place tape on the gas cans, but implying he didn't think he placed that particular piece - I think that's why posters may be confused.

Someone, a few pages back, posted a link to one of GA's interviews. If you really want to see it, you'll find the information there. Then read his trial testimony.

There was a neighbor on tape telling how far the water came up, it basically made the entire area a pond. I could never find that tape, not good at the search function, but I remember he was a young man. Like that helps. Lol.

I remember watching that one. He lived just across the street, and just a couple of lots closer to the school. And, he indicated that there was standing water on his side of the street up until just a few weeks before Dec 11.

good points. And of course I don't believe a child is safe from drowning if they are wearing regular clothes. I just feel in some cases children like to follow routines and putting swim gear on before a swim could be one of them.

I'm willing to bet that more kids who die from drowning are found in their clothes. IT's typically kids who can't swim and fall in. Toddlers,especially are head heavy and when they lean over gravity pulls them .
JMEO

The night of June 15th into the morning of June 16th, KC spent a lot of time texting and talking with TL. Does anyone know if he was questioned about this conversation? If so, was it released? Were the texts released?

Pink the texts were July 15 and 16, right after CA came to get KC at his apartment, that he testified about. In June they were just hooking up. I have been searching everywhere. So, if she texted him on June 15 or 16, I am not having any luck yet. Again, I am not good at searching.

Week 3:

6/6, Monday, Day Eleven: 10 (this was Dr. Vass testimony)
- Total Objections: 59 (Defense: 29 with 2 sustained; State: 30 with 1 overruled)

6/7, Tuesday, Day Twelve: 6 (Testimony of FBI Chemist, Dr. Vass & Dog Handler)
- Total Objections: 59

6/8, Wednesday, Day Thirteen: 3 (computer forensic people)
- Total Objections: 16

6/9, Thursday, Day Fourteen: 5 (Testimony from: Computer guy: Bradley/LeeA/911tape/crime scene pix/Investigation to ME/Dep Chief ME)
- Total Objections: 14

6/10, Friday, Day Fifteen: 7 (Testimony from: Dr Utz/Dr Schultz/Dr. G/Dr. Warren)
- Total Objections: 29

6/11, Saturday, Day Sixteen: 1 (Testimony from: Dr. Haskell/J. Welch/ Murdock/Johnston
- Total Objections: 16

Total week 3: 32

Grand Total: 99 sidebars!

I've also posted this in the "Trial Trivia" section here at WS!

I don't think Caylee drowned,but kids who drown are not necessarily swimming in their swimsuits!!!! They fall in reaching for a ball,or a dog ,or a leaf. ETC. Two year olds don't necessarily change themselves to a swimsuit before they drown.
ANYONE WHO BELIEVES A CHILD IS SAFE FROM DROWNING BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT WEARING A BATHING SUIT IS AN ACCIDENT WAITING TO HAPPEN>
A bathing suit proves nothing.But I don't think she drowned,not with duct tape plastered on her. JMO sorry for yelling ,but this is important : )

Absolutely agree and that is why the drownings are "an accident". A child is thought to be in one spot playing and has slipped away for a minute to the edge of the water or the pool. Usually with an accident a child is unsupervised by a parent who has looked away for a moment - answered a phone, burnt something on the stove, answered the front door, etc.

When a child is getting ready to play in a pool, the parent knows that, makes sure they have a swimsuit on, etc., and is generally speaking supervising that child or children.

I'm willing to bet that more kids who die from drowning are found in their clothes. IT's typically kids who can't swim and fall in. Toddlers,especially are head heavy and when they lean over gravity pulls them .
JMEO

True. Thx

Mistrial denied over super impression video could be appeal material...........darn

I really believe that this judge will make sure that he lets nothing in that could result in a mistrial. He is very careful and knows everything to do with the law.

Someone, a few pages back, posted a link to one of GA's interviews. If you really want to see it, you'll find the information there. Then read his trial testimony.

Thank you Woe.be.gone, I have read it thoroughly and watched both versions of his testimony.

Why is CM talking about fractures when the State never said anything about broken bones, only suffocation?

Isn't the area where the remains were found a dead end street - a street that branches off a thru street but comes to an end and is not a through street? I believe so.
Not sure why children would be walking down a dead end street except to go to school. If so they would not be walking past the dump site, it was down further.
Also wanted to comment that Baez asked the CSI woman how far the remains were from the road, meaning the beginning of the pavement. When he asked her how far they were from the edge of the "boulevard" where the overgrown area started, she did not know that from memory and said Baez would have to ask another tech. (Boulevard was not the word Baez used but you get my drift.)

So if the boulevard was 5 or 6 feet from the pavement to the edge of the pavement, that means Caylee's remains would be 15 feet or less into the brush. So ICA could have walked a few feet in - decided it was too much work, given the bag a good heave and had it tumble slightly down the slope.

Works for me.:rocker:

Worked for her too, for longer than it could have had it not been for Tropical Storm Fay.
She got lucky on that one.

She wasn't about to go to far into those woods, with the animals and reptiles that are in there; and she knew it too.
And, if it went down like I and others think, with George on her arse, then she didn't have much time to make the toss and get out of Dodge before George figured it out that she had turned in the other direction.

Where were Caylee's swimgear kept? Was it accessible to a two year old? My two year old couldn't reach his swimpants if he wanted to.

Why is CM talking about fractures when the State never said anything about broken bones, only suffocation?

He is trying to drive home that KC was not an abusive mother. I cannot remember all of the charges, but doesn't want have to do with that, other than the murder charge of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member