2011.06.11 Sidebar (Trial Day Sixteen)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I live in South Florida, heavy population, and have seen them in parking lots munching on carrion. See them circling in the air all the time.

While we do have vultures here in California, we most often see seagulls in parking lots munching on whatever they can find. I was at a Home Depot a few months back, parked my car, and walking through the parking lot to the store saw two seagulls in the back of a pick-up truck. The owner had two or three sacks of dog food in the bed of the pick-up and those seagulls were trying to open the bags.

Yesterday I was at Walmart, which was located in a mall with a McDonalds and other fast food places. Seagulls were in the parking lot looking for dropped food. They love french fries.

I had to get off of WS for a little while but here's a thread about what Caylee was wearing on June 15/16.

Type 'Caylee's shorts' in the search box and alot comes up.

As far as I know, this thread does not contain the foolproof answer to whether or not the same shorts that Caylee wore on FD are the shorts that were found with her body. I'm almost certain that it was concluded to be true though.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78402&highlight=caylee's+shorts&page=4

Post 78 - but lots of discussion before and after.

I think the twin canvas bag in the garbage is important to the state because they feel and will bring up that when Casey was home on bail she removed a bunch of evidence that could connect her to the body if found. She collected all the hairs in the house they could find that were probably Caylee's, tooth brushes and hair brushes and some other stuff I can't remember. I have a feeling she might have got rid of the duct tape at that time and would have taken the second laundry bag if she had known where it was but it was put away in a garbage bag.

LE didn't take Caylee's hair samples, DNA from toothbrush before letting Casey out on bail? Was the house searched before December?

Could be. George has made a couple of statements about that day. 1 he saw inside the trunk, and 2 - he didn't see inside the trunk. 3. He put the duct tape on there, 4. He didn't put the duct tape on there, and finally - if the duct tape is on there, I must have put it on (not me, George).

What I don't get (maybe because I'm not a murderer), but who makes a fast throw-a-way. Bodies aren't usually out in the likelihood for anyone to find - unless the murderer wants them found (ala posed bodies like the green river dude). So was she trying to hide Caylee, or not really. Was she too afraid to go any further (unlikely since this was a familiar spot to her).

No matter how I try, I can't wrap my head around it. I just wish she would tell her side of the story.

IMHO - please and thanks.

Mel

I have never thought where the remains were found is where they were first put. I believe she was in further a bit maybe behind that big log they were talking about but with the storm and the area being underwater for a bit, as the water either dried up or went from a bit of standing water to a flooded area, the bags where "floated" or sort of dragged with the motion of the receeding water. I don't think they moved far, but I do think they moved downhill more towards the street.

I don't think Casey just threw it all and ran. I think she was hidden under or behind some big fallen logs and by the grace of God was moved closer to the street so she could be found.

That would still account for the body being in the area that it was found from late Sept or so on till Dec.

Everything about Casey tells me she didn't want Caylee found, and was SHOCKED when she was, she thought she hid her better than that, but Mother Nature worked her magic. I was honestly surprised when she was found, I never ever thought they'd find her.

I too have always felt that Casey left the Anthony home the night of June 15th after and argument with Cindy.

I think George's description of Casey and Caylee leaving at 12:50pm on June 16th was an effort to cover up any suggestion that something happened in the home on June 15th. It all goes to motive.

But George can't change his testimony now as it's part of his sworn deposition. To change it now, he could be impeached.

So instead he can give perjured testimony, if what he said about last seeing her on June 16 is not true?

Somehow I think the State will get into trouble trying to use people who have lied in the past as major witnesses, i.e. any Anthonys.

OMG, did he really say that? It's insane IMO, not too far from confessing Casey knows perfectly well where Caylee is.

Not only said it! Requested in court that it be allowed.

http://www.wesh.com/news/17633376/detail.html

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72631"]Casey A wants to Travel to look for Caylee - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

ETA: I believe she was on house arrest at the time with the ankle monitor.

LE didn't take Caylee's hair samples, DNA from toothbrush before letting Casey out on bail? Was the house searched before December?

They asked Cindy for Caylee's toothbrush and hairbrush and there are questions to just what she actually gave them. I don't believe the house was searched with a warrant until the body was found. I might be wrong on that not positive.

I haven't seen this one answered as I "read forward" in the thread.

It is my understanding that George said yes, it was his habit to keep tape over that spot on the gas can so gas fumes would not leak out into the garage.

When the gas cans were taking into evidence, and then returned to George, George said he did not place that particular piece of tape of the gas cans because it was applied in a manner that was too messy for him to have done.
He was not saying he didn't place tape on the gas cans, but implying he didn't think he placed that particular piece - I think that's why posters may be confused.

I have a neighbor like this....everything he does regarding his home and sheds and mower is meticulous......you can take it to the bank if my neighbor says 'no I did not apply that (insert whatever here) it is too messy' that it is the truth..............for what it is worth here. To me it means a lot,lol.IMO

They're not the same shorts. They're the same shorts as in the video with ICA "playing" with her. She has white shorts on with GGPA.

I agree it's difficult to see the stripes in the FD video (if they're even there). That said, I could swear it was determined that those are the same shorts on the 15th as the ones that were found with the body. Also iirc it was JBond and JWG and those posters involved and they were very technologically talented but I'm not 100 percent sure and haven't found the confirmation yet.

So instead he can give perjured testimony, if what he said about last seeing her on June 16 is not true?

Somehow I think the State will get into trouble trying to use people who have lied in the past as major witnesses, i.e. any Anthonys.

OT love your little avatar....how precious.

"July 21: Investigators meet with the Anthonys and take several items from the home to use for DNA testing. Among the items taken are toothbrushes, a hair brush, a comb and a thermometer that Caylee used. Police also took hair strands from Casey at the jail."

Read more: http://www.wesh.com/news/17113783/detail.html#ixzz1P0NSd3mz

Not only said it! Requested in court that it be allowed.

http://www.wesh.com/news/17633376/detail.html

Casey A wants to Travel to look for Caylee - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

ETA: I believe she was on house arrest at the time with the ankle monitor.

Not to forget, JB didn't want to do his own footwork. They would have had money then, yes? Oct 2008?

Other motions filed by Anthony's attorney, Jose Baez, seek:

Copies of forensic evidence in connection with the investigation into the disappearance of Caylee Anthony. These include tests from the Body Farm at the University of Tennessee, which investigators say showed body decomposition in Casey Anthony’s car trunk.

The release of any investigations conducted by the Department of Children and Families in relation to the case.

The passenger list an AirTran flight from Orlando to Atlanta on July 2 where there was a reported sighting of Caylee.

Is a lawyer like a priest? They are exempt from telling if they know someone is gulity of a crime? In other words, if JB knows ICA killed Caylee because ICA admitted it to him, is he obligated to tell the court?

Casey said to Lee, in jail, In my gut she is still OK and it still feels like she's close to home.

True, but I think Smart Blonde's theory of a panic drop (2011.06.11 Sidebar (Trial Day Sixteen) - Page 19 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community) by ICA following the near miss with the gas cans explains a lot... and I doubt that in this one instance ICA gave any more thought to this than anything else in this thoroughly unprepared series of events. I guess I can't ascribe evil intent to her in this instance -- no rhyme or reason to her decision making at least in this instance.

:cow:
No, I don't think I ascribe evil intent to her here either, not in an "I'm gonna dump this here in the hopes of scarring innocent elementary school children" kind of way. Just the kind of selfishness that doesn't think about the effects of her actions to others. It goes with the territory I suppose, Caylee wouldn't be dead if she was concerned about the effects of killing her.

OMG, did he really say that? It's insane IMO, not too far from confessing Casey knows perfectly well where Caylee is.

Yep sure did.....wanted to search without anyone following them or being around...you cannot make this stuff up....well you can but this truth is stranger than anything you could make up, IMO>

Casey said to Lee, in jail, In my gut she is still OK and it still feels like she's close to home.

And she said it to her parent's too.

On another post it was mentioned about Caylee's hairbrush. I remember when this case broke I read in one of the doc dumps that CA gave LE the wrong hairbrush at first - on purpose. I've got to reread all these docs again, so that is from memory.

Not to forget, JB didn't want to do his own footwork. They would have had money then, yes? Oct 2008?

I believe that they did still have money that early.

ETA: Indigent status was decided in March 2010 - http://www.wftv.com/news/22891038/detail.html

Also for Donjeta, more of searching the house:

Wednesday's visit is the third time investigators have searched the Anthony home since Caylee has been missing.

Read more: http://www.wesh.com/news/17110771/detail.html#ixzz1P0Ol74bg

Some of their apparent lies I think the defense isn't too keen to point out because the lies tend to protect Casey, not point to her guilt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Niceperson