2011.06.11 Sidebar (Trial Day Sixteen)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IIRC he didn't say anything about it but since her parts were so scattered and there were signs of animal activity and one of the witnesses said that her vertebrae were found close together indicating that they were still attached together with soft tissue when moved IMO it sounds like animals got to her pretty quickly (since all the soft tissue hadn't been decomposed) and afterwards it would have been impossible for a human to move the body since there were just individual bones that anyone couldn't have found from under the water.

The water may have moved some of the parts as well IMO.

Well, I guess this all refutes JB's theory that Caylee was moved by RK at one time, although he never stated from where she was taken from.

A question for all......................

Linda Drane Burdick stated last week that the state expects to finish their case in chief on Friday, June 17th. It may take an extra day due to delays.

With the testimony today from crime scene investigators and Dr. Neal Haskell - forensic etomologist, it would appear that the forensics portion of the remains site of the state's presentation is done.

There's a lot we haven't seen - Casey's cell phone ping records, for one, and a lot of witnesses we expected to see on the witness stand: Jesse Grund, Dominic Casey, Jim Hoover, Tim Miller, Shirley Plesea, Annie Dowling, Kiomarie Cruz, and others.

What do you expect the state to present in the coming week to wrap up their case?

I definitely think KC cell phone records and Tim Miller,

How come RK did not testify yet? I was looking forward to hearing him. Does anyone know if he is expected to testify?

I know Tim Miller just arrived in Bloomington, Indiana to begin a search for Lauren Spierer, according to local posters there...FWIW.

IIRC he didn't say anything about it but since her parts were so scattered and there were signs of animal activity and one of the witnesses said that her vertebrae were found close together indicating that they were still attached together with soft tissue when moved IMO it sounds like animals got to her pretty quickly (since all the soft tissue hadn't been decomposed) and afterwards it would have been impossible for a human to move the body since there were just individual bones that anyone couldn't have found from under the water.

The water may have moved some of the parts as well IMO.

I have followed this case from Day 31, read all the doc dups, watched the shenanigans of the A's, seen pictures, read the autopsy reports but sometimes, all of a sudden, it just hits me right in the gut how horrific this whole tragedy really is. It's sooo odd/weird for me to comprehend that a Mother was responsible for the scene that you have described in your post.
Some days all this truth and seeking justice, just knocks me back on my heels.:tears:

So with the graphic of the area are we going to get the TES searchers next week? (I am tired and not sure that was the right term but hopefully you all know what I mean)

BTW, I absolutely loved the way Dr. NH handled JB...loved his facial expressions.

yeah i enjoyed that too. lol

Its amazing when you see these people who work with such morid jobs in a way.. that love their work.. and are funny humorous people..
I love it

A question for all......................

Linda Drane Burdick stated last week that the state expects to finish their case in chief on Friday, June 17th. It may take an extra day due to delays.

With the testimony today from crime scene investigators and Dr. Neal Haskell - forensic etomologist, it would appear that the forensics portion of the remains site of the state's presentation is done.

There's a lot we haven't seen - Casey's cell phone ping records, for one, and a lot of witnesses we expected to see on the witness stand: Jesse Grund, Dominic Casey, Jim Hoover, Tim Miller, Shirley Plesea, Annie Dowling, Kiomarie Cruz, and others.

What do you expect the state to present in the coming week to wrap up their case?

I wishin' and hopin' for a great big smokin' gun to wrap this thing up and put a bow on it!!!

I can also completely believe that he knew through media reports that Caylee was missing, and this within his route zone.

I might be wrong, but wasn't it determined that Kronk's supervisor lived only 7 houses down from the Anthony's on Hopespring? If so, the supervisor would have personally witnessed all the media turmoil down his street on a daily basis, and I can imagine there were conversations about Kronk needing to keep his eyes open while Kronk was out doing his job.

Also, as far as FL animals, don't forget the armadillos that are down here. They love bugs and dig and scavenge to get at them. They can be a real pest to your landscaping.

So instead he can give perjured testimony, if what he said about last seeing her on June 16 is not true?

Somehow I think the State will get into trouble trying to use people who have lied in the past as major witnesses, i.e. any Anthonys.

This is what bothers me so much. They can lie, lie, lie and get away with it and then the SA stands by what they say as launching points. I don't get it. If everything the A's ever said checked out, I would get it. See how that works?

There are too many things - they never got off their own butts to search for Caylee and when KC came home they never pressed her for answers - she played around with Tracy and went to her Lawyer's office all day. Why? Because they've know all along what happened to Caylee.

If I was a Lawyer and found I was supposed to keep that kind of secret I think it would dawn on me that I was in the wrong profession. I would not want any part of it. Justice for the victim, and punishment for the offender is more important than anything the Bar could do ... IMO
This all seems acceptable to the Lawyers we hear from though, they say if they're guilty then they don't want to know- please! It seems very warped that anyone could defend a child murderer/abuser who admits to it.

In another case I followed it had a very unusual ending. After the state had ended their case in chief, but before the defense began their case, the defendant took an Alford Plea. A couple of months later, before his sentencing, the defendant had fired his two attorneys and retained a new one, and claimed he had been coerced into taking that plea. He wanted a retrial.

A hearing was held and the defendant's two former attorneys were made to take the witness stand and the attorney-client privilege dropped. It was the most riveting few hours to hear those two attorneys testify to what the defendant confessed to them! One of the attorneys said he was sick to his stomach when the defendant described his wife's last moments and how the defendant pressed his knee on her chest and blood spurting from knife wounds.

Maybe some other searchers who saw the area flooded,although the state may wait on them for rebuttal.
Tattoo artist . I want them to see the tattoo!

In another case I followed it had a very unusual ending. After the state had ended their case in chief, but before the defense began their case, the defendant took an Alford Plea. A couple of months later, before his sentencing, the defendant had fired his two attorneys and retained a new one, and claimed he had been coerced into taking that plea. He wanted a retrial.

A hearing was held and the defendant's two former attorneys were made to take the witness stand and the attorney-client privilege dropped. It was the most riveting few hours to hear those two attorneys testify to what the defendant confessed to them! One of the attorneys said he was sick to his stomach when the defendant described his wife's last moments and how the defendant pressed his knee on her chest and blood spurting from knife wounds.

Is that the one where the guy also shot the Family Court Judge?

HLN showing Dr. Vass again,right now.

If I was a Lawyer and found I was supposed to keep that kind of secret I think it would dawn on me that I was in the wrong profession. I would not want any part of it. Justice for the victim, and punishment for the offender is more important than anything the Bar could do ... IMO
This all seems acceptable to the Lawyers we hear from though, they say if they're guilty then they don't want to know- please! It seems very warped that anyone could defend a child murderer/abuser who admits to it.

I totally agree, ZsaZsa. However, as I understand it, IF an attorney is told by his client, he/she IS guilty, he is up s#!t creek. Not that that would have ever mattered to JB. As I believe, he knew from the get go, ICA was guilty, for she told him so!

However, the attorney cannot allow his client to take the stand if the client is going to lie and deny the crime..that is suborning perjury. The attorney must make it clear to the judge the client is testifying against his advice.
He cannot otherwise stop defending his client or he could face disbarment or be sued for malpractice. He is not allowed to “injure” his client by disclosing the confession under attorney/client privilege. jmo

Watch Casey's middle finger 26:15 and 27:07, not the first time she has flipped off the court.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hX5drqDhYGc&feature=player_embedded#at=1644

She does, I can't believe that. I watched to see if she does it that way every time but, no, this was a message to the witness? the court? to us? Man, the crying and gentle sad mother of a lost child is all a facade isn't it. Deep down she is what she claimed she is to Lee.

Back atcha Casey.

I have no clue what KC thinks, what GA thinks or what CA thinks. And what the 'normal' thing to do has no bearing because nothing about this case is 'normal'. But I do know they have ALL lied and made whatever happened to poor little Caylee so complicated that LE couldn't get to the truth (or they have gotten to the truth) so the A's get what they get. It just really pizzes me off how they've interferred with getting to the truth of this tragedy and now they're the poor grieving gp's again.

It makes me feel badly for KC, psychopath or not, that these were her role models yet she'll take the brunt for the failed 'happy' family. I'm not sure why I feel so strongly about this but I do. The A's will play you if you let them imo.

BBM - Agree.

I have no clue what KC thinks, what GA thinks or what CA thinks. And what the 'normal' thing to do has no bearing because nothing about this case is 'normal'. But I do know they have ALL lied and made whatever happened to poor little Caylee so complicated that LE couldn't get to the truth (or they have gotten to the truth) so the A's get what they get. It just really pizzes me off how they've interferred with getting to the truth of this tragedy and now they're the poor grieving gp's again.

It makes me feel badly for KC, psychopath or not, that these were her role models yet she'll take the brunt for the failed 'happy' family. I'm not sure why I feel so strongly about this but I do. The A's will play you if you let them imo.

We can only surmise what she thinks by what she does, imho. That said, she is a mess psychologically and most likely did not get there by herself. I don't think I used the word 'normal' in my post and was merely pointing something out that I felt strongly about as well.

Doesn't matter what she thinks I guess, nor I. Just what the jury thinks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Backhand