2011.06.11 Sidebar (Trial Day Sixteen)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A question for all......................

Linda Drane Burdick stated last week that the state expects to finish their case in chief on Friday, June 17th. It may take an extra day due to delays.

With the testimony today from crime scene investigators and Dr. Neal Haskell - forensic etomologist, it would appear that the forensics portion of the remains site of the state's presentation is done.

There's a lot we haven't seen - Casey's cell phone ping records, for one, and a lot of witnesses we expected to see on the witness stand: Jesse Grund, Dominic Casey, Jim Hoover, Tim Miller, Shirley Plesea, Annie Dowling, Kiomarie Cruz, and others.

What do you expect the state to present in the coming week to wrap up their case?

Don't we have the plant expert still?

Maybe some other searchers who saw the area flooded,although the state may wait on them for rebuttal.
Tattoo artist . I want them to see the tattoo!

IMO, the tattoo artist will be the last witness- the SA (LDB) ended her OS with the tattoo comment- she wanted to live the beautiful life, so that is why I think they will end their CIC with him testifying to the tattoo she got.
I think it will be highly effective especially in light of the DT strategy considering they are now admitting that she knew that her child was dead.

Was the entomologist able to tell if the body was moved more than once after being place in the woods?

Beyond any reasonable doubt. Body was not moved from late June/ early July until it was recovered in December.

Did you follow the testimony today?
All I'm doing is writing down what happened in court.
No duct tape found in the home except for on the gas can. GA said he placed that tape on the gas can.
GA put the posters up with that tape. KC was in jail.

I don't know if anyone has responded yet as I am way behind (I had to take a nap after court recessed today and am just now catching up).

Law enforcement did not attempt to retrieve or even search the Anthony home for duct tape until December of 2008, 5 months after Caylee was reported missing. I am not surprised that this same type of duct tape was not found in the home since there are photos of George having used this same type of tape to hang posters at the roadside areas while the search was on for this precious child.

The point is, George would not have known that duct tape played any role in little Caylee's demise and therefore, would not have known to either discard or hide the roll(s) of duct tape from the home. Law enforcement did not even know that duct tape played a role in the case until little Caylee's remains were found.

Casey Marie Anthony certainly knew that duct tape was used on little Caylee. Casey Marie Anthony knew where her daughter's body was placed. Casey Marie Anthony had access to that duct tape before she went to jail, as evidenced by the numerous times she entered the Anthony home between June 16th and July 15th.

George Anthony would not have a reason to hide or discard this duct tape as he did not know that it had been used on Caylee.

Casey had full access to the duct tape whether she was sitting in jail or not--the duct tape was used during the month of June 2008, not during December when Caylee's remains were found.

I missed a lot this week. Can anyone tell me if the Gatorade bottle came up at all? There seems to be a lot of pieces missing yet which worries me.

Excellent point Zsa Zsa..in fact I happen to think is why the likes of LKB and AL left the team...course LKB doesnt have to tell the truth as a media TH..but in court she is bound by those Ethics..as was Andrea Lyons....Note AL hasnt said BO since she left the case!!

Hummmmm..guess JB likes to live close to the edge...hummmmm..CM well..who knows what he knows..Sure he hasnt been told alot!! and what was told him he DIDNT HEAR..:floorlaugh:Selective Hearing comes in handy, eh?

Don't think we've heard the last from Andrea ... LOL .... look what I found ....

Casey Anthony: ‘20/20′ puts $200,000 payment to use again

"For Friday’s report, the newsmagazine hyped that it was talking to former Anthony attorney Andrea Lyon. The more crucial interview was with ABC legal analyst Dan Abrams, who usually has intriguing things to say. Correspondent Chris Cuomo asked, “Is not liking how she behaved enough to convict her of something you’re not 100 percent sure of as a juror?”

“Shouldn’t be,” Abrams said.

Lyon told “20/20″ that she is still “100 percent convinced” that Casey isn’t guilty of murder, Cuomo said. (If Lyon said otherwise, wouldn’t she be violating attorney-client privilege?)

Lyon dismissed the prosecution’s case as “she’s a bad person, she didn’t report her child missing, she told lies, her daughter’s dead, she must have done it.” Lyon attributed Anthony’s “inexplicable behavior” after Caylee went missing to Casey’s psychological background as an alleged sex abuse victim."

Still barking up the same tree .... a bit hypocritical if you consider why she is no longer by KC's side .... MONEY (supposedly) ... guess she's found another way to keep herself in the case, ride the publicity and make some of that MONEY she wasn't making when she was on the case? :waitasec:

She does, I can't believe that. I watched to see if she does it that way every time but, no, this was a message to the witness? the court? to us? Man, the crying and gentle sad mother of a lost child is all a facade isn't it. Deep down she is what she claimed she is to Lee.

Back atcha Casey.

That took a lot of effort to contort her fingers into a perfect "bird"

No kidding, that girl has some nerve making a mockery of HHBP's courtroom. Hmph.

Anybody know how to email HHJP? I sho' would like him to be apprised of the flip off. Wonder how he would respond? ;)

I don't know if anyone has responded yet as I am way behind (I had to take a nap after court recessed today and am just now catching up).

Law enforcement did not attempt to retrieve or even search the Anthony home for duct tape until December of 2008, 5 months after Caylee was reported missing. I am not surprised that this same type of duct tape was not found in the home since there are photos of George having used this same type of tape to hang posters at the roadside areas while the search was on for this precious child.

The point is, George would not have known that duct tape played any role in little Caylee's demise and therefore, would not have known to either discard or hide the roll(s) of duct tape from the home. Law enforcement did not even know that duct tape played a role in the case until little Caylee's remains were found.

Casey Marie Anthony certainly knew that duct tape was used on little Caylee. Casey Marie Anthony knew where her daughter's body was placed. Casey Marie Anthony had access to that duct tape before she went to jail, as evidenced by the numerous times she entered the Anthony home between June 16th and July 15th.

George Anthony would not have a reason to hide or discard this duct tape as he did not know that it had been used on Caylee.

Casey had full access to the duct tape whether she was sitting in jail or not--the duct tape was used during the month of June 2008, not during December when Caylee's remains were found.

And don't forget when she was out on bail thanks to LP!!!

But even walking past the site where Caylee was left. She was triple bagged, the heart sticker was on the duck tape that covered her mouth. That would be a freak of nature that a child would drop a sticker, it would go that far into the woods and just happen to stick to the duct tape around Caylee's mouth.[/QUOTE]

BBM

You said it, GrandmaJ, and in the process, you've eloquently offered a summary of the Defense's argument. Their entire case is a collection of quasi-impossible scenarios and conspiracies. Reasonable Doubt? Don't make me laugh. There's nothing reasonable about this thing -- it is as hackneyed as they come.

I missed a lot this week. Can anyone tell me if the Gatorade bottle came up at all? There seems to be a lot of pieces missing yet which worries me.

Not yet ... yes, lots still to come though ... IMO the state has focused on the most important evidence and has a well organized case that they're presenting ... I would love to know all the little details but not at the expense of muddying the water .... KWIM?

My earlier question was not answered, was the area the remains were found searched in July or August??

I'm not sure. At the time, many asked if the woods behind the Anthony home had been search and I don't remember any definitive answer. Locals said they thought it had been searched, but no one knew for sure.

Watch Casey's middle finger 26:15 and 27:07, not the first time she has flipped off the court.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hX5drqDhYGc&feature=player_embedded#at=1644

Only a tad more subtle than the time she flipped off George when he was testifying at a hearing.
I have to laugh ,because I have RA and now my middle fingers don't bend much,but my index fingers curve in. I'm sure when I'm driving the people next to me must think I'm flippin'!

OT, but the middle toes on my left foot have separated so far from bone erosion ,it looks like the Vulcan Salute !

All this started last year ,but escalated this spring,so get those aches and pains checked! Life's too short!

There was a CSI talking about the locations of the bones in the woods and JB wanted to know how far the items were from the road. He was also asked about a home search they did at the Anthony's and garbage bags, a laundry bag and Caylee's bedding plus some garage, bedroom and sticker photos were admitted into evidence. JB kept asking him if items that they found didn't have duct tape on them and he said, no other duct tape was found except the piece on the gas can.

After him there was a surveyor who had done a birds eye view of the locations each bone was found and JB had nothing to say there.

JB staying true to form, I see. :floorlaugh:

Sticker photo's? You mean the one found on the duct tape, or was there matching stickers to that found in the home? My assumption has been that the state can probably tie that sticker to the home...so did they?

I think the other report on the decomp said 2.5 days, so I don't think there's a conflict.

If the grave wax decomp was already on the paper towel, could Caylee have been taken out of the trunk at 2.5 days and then the paper towel kept the insect larva or whatever they are called?

Also: As far as some other posts on the thread, I don't believe Casey had any drug or alcohol addictions, either. Experts have said that psychopaths don't usually have those habits, and people have said that she rarely drank much, and was only seen drunk once by some. Drinking causes loss of control and loose tongues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3