2011.06.15 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Nineteen)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I see that FL Native already answered that it was Luka, but idly wondering which of the above attorneys posted this answer 4 years ago on a Yahoo answer thread :crazy::

"What's the Most Unique Name You've Ever Heard?"

Vasco Dagama Thompson--I am sure his mother hoped he would go far, but he was a criminal whose appeal I handled for the State.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20070807102005AAUFDjV

:floorlaugh: I wonder if they got in trouble for that?

I do feel bad for them, but they could not possibly have thought Casey was going to get acquitted today. I hope the reality is now clear to them. I guess they were hoping for a last minute miracle, but it didn't happen. *sigh*

Maybe just the enormity of it all.It must be hard to hear the Judge reiterate what is known and why that means there is no grounds for acquittal. The State has made a case.

I REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY hope the state plays that video at closing.
I wish they somehow could have played it this morning, before resting their case.
Three years from the day it was filmed. The last full day of little Caylee's life.

But, yeah, I agree with you. I hope they play it at closing, too.

It totally amazes me that Casey Anthony in a fit of rage or in her heartless selfishness kills her child and suddenly George is on trial because the defense is so slippery. The witnesses that took a beating on the stand for only doing their jobs and the jury whose lives are on hold as though they are in prison. The witnesses had aspersions cast upon their honest and work. It just makes me so angry that the innocent are hurt because of one person Casey Anthony .

but that is how our justice system works,the DT job is to blame everyone except their client and discredit everyone else no matter who they are..its not fair but they say we have the best system in the world

Reporter Local 6 to Dr. Spitz (just now, live): Are you being compensated?

Spitz: I have yet to submit a bill nor have I been paid by anybody.

Did they follow up with: Will you submit a bill?

lol, wow, can you imagine the odds of a convicted kidnapper calling GA the day before CA calls the police????????????????????????

Could this be one of ICA's tricks? You know, like how she emailed herself notes from her non-existant boss? Can you do that with a phone?

Or did GA find the number on a phone bill or something and called in his attempts to locate ICA?

Interesting. I wonder how long the calls lasted? The DT must have that info because it would be part of the phone record. I notice they aren't saying - so it was probably less than a few seconds.

Salem

He must not be from Florida. He is missing the huge HURRICANE that passed through. You know, all that WATER it dumped? Sheesh.
So easy for the State to rebutt.Bring it on!

bbm

I am just a nurse and I KNOW that the mandible would not have been articulated if the tape was applied AFTER decomp!

And I am a funeral professional and I will tell you without a doubt there is a reason we set features as soon as possible after death. Didn't this same man work on a case with Linda Baden a few years back?

I really hope it wasn't the same ME that was on NG a few nights ago that couldn't answer the question to how many bones are in the human body. :banghead:

Did this Degama guy always live in Florida, or did he have some arrests in Ohio... where GA used to be a cop?

Maybe just the enormity of it all.It must be hard to hear the Judge reiterate what is known and why that means there is no grounds for acquittal. The State has made a case.

Oh wow, that is a great point. That had to be really hard for them to hear.

On In Session Gary Tuchman said shared an elevator with the A's after the motion for acquittal failed and said George and Cindy held each other and cried down through 23 floors in the elevator.

They have every reason to cry. They have lost so much. I don't know how they survive each day. <ducking> We have seen all sides of the A's. The exposure to every detail of their lives on display for others to judge. I am not naive, some of their actions have certainly brought out the worst in them and those of us observing them. I can certainly understand the tears.

I wish they somehow could have played it this morning, before resting their case.
Three years from the day it was filmed. The last full day of little Caylee's life.

But, yeah, I agree with you. I hope they play it at closing, too.

I bet they play it during the penalty phase. That poor sweet baby :(

And I am a funeral professional and I will tell you without a doubt there is a reason we set features as soon as possible after death. Didn't this same man work on a case with Linda Baden a few years back?

I really hope it wasn't the same ME that was on NG a few nights ago that couldn't answer the question to how many bones are in the human body. :banghead:

Well, he did have some serious surgery a few months ago that prevented him from being able to testify for the defense, so maybe the meds from it are still affecting him. :crazy:

ETA: Well what do you know, he IS testifying!!! Oh my word!

It totally amazes me that Casey Anthony in a fit of rage or in her heartless selfishness kills her child and suddenly George is on trial because the defense is so slippery. The witnesses that took a beating on the stand for only doing their jobs and the jury whose lives are on hold as though they are in prison. The witnesses had aspersions cast upon their honest and work. It just makes me so angry that the innocent are hurt because of one person Casey Anthony .

ITA grandmaj! I have no doubt in my mind, if ICA walked out of jail tomorrow, she'd return to Hopespring Drive, borrow George or Cindy's cellphone and call TL and ask him what time they were getting together that night. She doesn't have a clue as to the damage she has done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
curiousXladybug99