2011.06.15 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Nineteen)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi gang, whats goin on! Just got home and I'm seeing a replay of Cheney asking to acquit.
Has there been a ruling or is His Honor pondering?

Dr. Spitz just said on Local Channel 6: Let's remember that this is a Capital Case...

Reporter asking for estimate of how long body could have been in woods....Spitz said skeleton he saw was completely clean and free of tissue..considering the condition of the bones, this body could have been in that location (environment) for a period of six months, maybe longer, maybe 'little shorter but that's not a bad estimate.

Spitz feels the duct tape was applied after decomp.

Reporter: is it reasonable to conclude someone tampered with that skull?

Spita: Not unreasonable. Duct tape is very stick, if a bug would be in that location the bug would be trapped and that was not the case, no legs of bugs, etc.

ugh because the tape was on her face and hair just not hanging in the open...the "sticky" was gone during the decomp..don't you think the chemicals from the decomp can ruin the "sticky" IDK is there a CHEMIST we can ask?:maddening:

Hey pizza! he ruled: denied

tomorrow the DT is up at 0900...

oh and they are working up a convicted kidnapper as a defense witness (links upstream)

Could this be one of ICA's tricks? You know, like how she emailed herself notes from her non-existant boss? Can you do that with a phone?

Or did GA find the number on a phone bill or something and called in his attempts to locate ICA?

Interesting. I wonder how long the calls lasted? The DT must have that info because it would be part of the phone record. I notice they aren't saying - so it was probably less than a few seconds.

Salem

moreover, remember all the consternation with ICA's calls to Lexus (cindy) and the funky pizza numbers - I even found one that went to a landscaper. What a crock

Could this be one of ICA's tricks? You know, like how she emailed herself notes from her non-existant boss? Can you do that with a phone?

Or did GA find the number on a phone bill or something and called in his attempts to locate ICA?

Interesting. I wonder how long the calls lasted? The DT must have that info because it would be part of the phone record. I notice they aren't saying - so it was probably less than a few seconds.

Salem

You know, I've often wondered if Casey considered hiring someone to kidnap Caylee at some point, or panicked and decided to try to pin what happened to Caylee on an actual kidnapper. Obviously, she didn't use the home computer to search for it, but even then you could do background checks on the internet if you pay for them, or heck, she probably just googled kidnapper or kidnappers or those words with convicted in front of them. Or maybe she had other connections, who knows. I wonder if she seriously thought about either hiring or maybe pinning this on actual kidnapper, but for some reason, probably laziness and lack of money, didn't go through with it. And who's to say she didn't steal her father's phone and make these calls? She wasn't in jail at that point, I don't think, right?

They have every reason to cry. They have lost so much. I don't know how they survive each day. <ducking> We have seen all sides of the A's. The exposure to every detail of their lives on display for others to judge. I am not naive, some of their actions have certainly brought out the worst in them and those of us observing them. I can certainly understand the tears.

As I said earlier - they aren't perfect people and have done questionable things but they do not deserve what has happened to them. I think we all do the best we can and sometimes it's not so great. I wouldn't want to walk in their shoes. Ever.

I feel really guilty about even entertaining the thought that George sexually abused Casey. I can't even believe I gave that a second thought. I can tell that poor man is completely destroyed by all of this. I hope Cindy and George can find some peace soon.

I know it was/is to be expected at this point, and that CM is doing what he does........but I felt sick listening to him this morning arguing for acquittal. His citing of Soranno (sp?) w/ all of it's history of money, vicious fights and then saying there is no similar history in this case.........it made me sick. To reduce Caylee Marie to a simple comparison (that doesn't even apply, IMO) to get KC off.....when her little body was thrown away like that......as if the one person who was last seen with her should not be held responsible even for negligence.........so disgusting. Even more sickening coming from an attorney who stated that she would be convicted before he signed on to this case......ARGH!!!!

:( and :maddening:

Dr. Spitz just said on Local Channel 6: Let's remember that this is a Capital Case...

Reporter asking for estimate of how long body could have been in woods....Spitz said skeleton he saw was completely clean and free of tissue..considering the condition of the bones, this body could have been in that location (environment) for a period of six months, maybe longer, maybe 'little shorter but that's not a bad estimate.

Spitz feels the duct tape was applied after decomp.

Reporter: is it reasonable to conclude someone tampered with that skull?

Spita: Not unreasonable. Duct tape is very stick, if a bug would be in that location the bug would be trapped and that was not the case, no legs of bugs, etc.

No, really? Could that possibly be because it was applied while this child was alive? You know, when there wouldn't have BEEN any insect activity?

Good lord.

Everyone stop for a moment and read this post and thank it so that I know you have read it.

Speech impediments are not to be a subject of discussion in these threads.

We have zero tolerance and these types of comments add nothing to the discussion. It is unkind to continue to point these disabilities out.

We will probably see Dr. Vass on the stand once again he has a great mind. And, HHJP is an honorable man who has devoted his life to the legal system and is brilliant.

There is absolutely no value in continuing to point out speech impediments or mispronunciation of words . Final Word on this subject. We have a rough patch ahead of us so don't be left by the dock when the ship sails.

Post lands at random.

Thanks wasn't enough grandmaj :blowkiss:

as i said earlier - they aren't perfect people and have done questionable things but they do not deserve what has happened to them. I think we all do the best we can and sometimes it's not so great. I wouldn't want to walk in their shoes. Ever.

ita:(

I didn't dig back too far-but did you all SEE Judge Perry's body language when Cheney Mason got up to explain WHY this case should be acquitted?

WFTV Day 30, video #2>>>> 5:33 into the video Cheney starts the statement "There has been NO evidence...." 5:45 Judge Perry crosses his arms...

"Of this child's death" 5:50-Judge Perry covers his mouth and nearly his nose with his hand.

Body. Language.

forLacyanna-1.jpg

Has anyone seen CM try a case before? He just comes off to me as in the throes of senility and I am having a hard time seeing how he is such a prominent and respected attorney.

lol, wow, can you imagine the odds of a convicted kidnapper calling GA the day before CA calls the police????????????????????????

It very well could have been a wrong number too. My telephone number is one digit off from the music department of a local university. I get people trying to call the music dept. mis-dialing and calling me instead. Sometimes they call several times before getting it right.

Salem

You raise some good possibilities.

And I am a funeral professional and I will tell you without a doubt there is a reason we set features as soon as possible after death. Didn't this same man work on a case with Linda Baden a few years back?

I really hope it wasn't the same ME that was on NG a few nights ago that couldn't answer the question to how many bones are in the human body. :banghead:

OMG - I saw that too and was like, what???

Just an observation/opinion on my part.....

Has anyone else besides me noticed the physical similarities between ICA and Melissa Huckaby? (MH killed Sandra Cantu and placed her in a suitcase and threw it in a retention pond in CA)

I guess it is because ICA's hair has grown long but while watching the trial today, I thought to myself, "Dang,!!! She looks more like MH every time I see her!"

MOO

wm

That's it! I could not put my finger on it. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChillThrills