2011.06.15 TRIAL Day Nineteen (Morning Session)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
JB has a motion to make, prior to doing that he handed the court some documents and a memorandum. HHJP has not had a chance to read them.

I dont understand why the state didnt just do this little bit and rest their case yesterday? The jury was brought in for 5 minutes?

DT wasn't ready to start today.
SA wanted to do this business Thursday am, but DT would not agree to that

:maddening:

So now what? The jury just sits in their hotel room all day???? Alone?

I’m so disappointed in the actions of the DT. I realize they are trying to save their client but at what cost? How far do you go? I think a good DT would be obligated to look at the evidence and explain to the client that a plea deal would be the best option? Unfortunately, The DT has their own self-serving agenda’s and they are only focused on winning this case, while the SA is seeking justice for Caylee….WIN versus JUSTICE

A decent lawyer would explain the options, the most likely outcomes of those options, and urge their client to make the choice that has the best outcome.

In this case a plea deal would have been the best choice for Casey.

So the DT made the jury come in for 5 seconds this morning just because he was quibbling over translation of tattoo? SMH

Ashton requested that the translation stipulation be worked out today and presented to the jury on Thursday a.m. just before the DT starts it's case. He wanted to avoid this inconvenience to the jury. Mason said "No".

lol, the poor jury, had to get up and get dressed to come to court for 5 minutes.

Insane, why would JP even allow this?????????????????
The SA could have said this yesterday afternoon and how could the DT not be ready to present their case??????????????? This is nonsense...:twocents:

KBelichWFTV Kathi Belich, WFTV
One juror looked surprised when Chief Judge Perry said jury would be xcused for the day

WFTV reporter Kathi Belich who is in court said that one juror appeared surprised when Judge Perry said they'd be excused for the day.

:lol:

So JB and CM have dumped a bunch of cases on CJBP. Last ditch effort to dismiss the case. Man, talk about desperate!

HHJBP - Defense handed the Court a number of cases and a memorandum. Has only done a quick scan. The cases you have sited - I am familiar with all of them except Barr, Kennedy and if you would like, I would read those or you can go straight into your argument without me reading those. What is your pleasure? The reason I suggest that is that the State provided theirs on Monday and I did read the entire book they presented even though there were some cases I was familiar with - I did have an opportunity to read them.

CM - Did the State also provide cases this morning?

Why didn't the State just rest last nite???? They could have done this bit last nite. This is all so stupid. I can't imagine how that jury feels to have their precious time wasted.

It wouldn't have mattered. The DT is not ready to start today, also CM would not agree to State resting Thurs morning so today could be skipped for jury.

What a waste of a day! for taxpayers and jury.........thanks to DT.

3 years ago today, last day Caylee was seen alive!

Mason stepping up to speak.

I dont understand why the state didnt just do this little bit and rest their case yesterday? The jury was brought in for 5 minutes?

I believe it's because it's the Annivarsary?

Someone else pointed out yesterday that when the DT starts on Thursday it will be day 31 of trial (but I have not counted the days).

The defense and prosecution have agreed to a stipulation.

CJBP is reading it. It is about the tattoo saying "beautiful life" - They agree that is what it says. Casey had to sign it!

The meaning of the tatoo is common knowledge. Why is this a stipulation? I'm a bit lost.:waitasec:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raine73