2011.06.16 TRIAL Day Twenty (Morning Session)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the reason for a sidebar versus just objection is JA knows JB is trying to throw GA under the bus and doesn't want it voiced.

DIRECT EXAMINATION OF HEATHER SEUBERT BY JA - continued

OBJECTION OVERRULED

(ICA sitting next to CM - JB getting the lavaller mike)

Low Copy Number - type of DNA process used when there is limited amount of DNA. They can do a procedure to enhance the process. It adds on some of the molecular xeroxing to enhance the end result DNA profile.

Touch DNA - expected limited amounts - no low copy number enhancing done.

DNA process - swab taken, put into tube, chemicals added, DNA extracted, PCR done (molecular xeroxing of 13 locations of DNA), DNA is then put in capillary column and viewed with a laser. Signal then sent to a computer and is interpreted into a DNA profile (similar to EKG results). Peaks represent DNA profile (electropherograms).

To actually report a DNA type, her lab's threshold is at 200 RFU's - match interpretation threshold - anything above that she could use to make a match.

Other labs can actually report lower levels?

OBJECTION - relevance - OVERRULED

That is the RFU # the FBI used at the time she did the test.

Other labs - lower thresholds?

OBJECTION - leading - OVERRULED

Other labs have lower thresholds.

Anything lower than the 200 RFU's can be used to exclude.

50 RFU threshold is peak amplitude threshold. Other labs may use a lower threshold.

FBI threshold of 200 is relatively conservative. 50 RFU is a scientific one.

In sex typing - info can be used if less than 50.

When she says she cannot give results, is it because it does not reach the FBI lab's threshold?

OBJECTION by JA -

SIDEBAR #3

And CA does nothing to comfort him. Just keeps reading or writing whatever she does. Writing, "I love Casey" maybe?

That's not very fair. There were reports George and Cindy held each other in the elevator and cried. They are not allowed to show reactions in the court room. If George's subtle pain is not being noticed, coddling from Cindy most certainly will.

:waitasec:I don't get it :-(. I don't know what I'm supposed to be getting...

Wait. JB is miked? Does he think this is reality tv or somethiing?

I realize it's almost certainly for the court reporter, but that's what came to mind.

I love it. I know he will forget to turn it off at some point...He is a predictable man if nothing else. I can't wait to hear it... he rarely remembers to turn his desktop mic on when he speaks.

Has any touch DNA been found and if so where? What is the point of this?

I am so freaking lost now. I was not lost during the State's case. Their witnesses were very easy to understand. Did they even explain what an RFU is because I have no flippin' idea what an RFU is.

Is this all supposed to help set up JB's touch DNA expert as better thasn the FBI cos he has lower standards for stating what DNA may be present? MOO

15hbura.jpg

I'm a biologist (but not a chemist) and I find any and all things genetic and forensic fascinating. However, I think JB needs to speed it up here and get to the point.

he is trying to say that Casey didn't use the shovel (via no touch dna being there) but we already know she used the shovel LOL

She borrowed it, she returned it. Of course she touched it

Judge Alex when asked on Fox 35 News "What Baez is doing"? Judge Alex's response "He's making my eyes glaze over":floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Why are they doing all this touch DNA testimony. I thought it wasn't used for this case. Someone please correct me if I'm mistaken.

My opinion....George and Cindy cleaned the car. Wiped it down inside and out.

Can someone please direct to me to what barrysgirl is refering to here?

AZ is my hero on WS. And I just got to work. What did I miss? barrysgirl?

See the "Vasco Thompson" thread from yesterday afternoon/evening.

Well worth the read during recess.....

Can someone please direct to me to what barrysgirl is refering to here?

AZ is my hero on WS. And I just got to work. What did I miss? barrysgirl?

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140350"]Who is Vasco Thompson? - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

:floorlaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member