2011.06.17 TRIAL Day Twenty-one (Afternoon Session)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jurors definitely pay attention when Ashton's voice gets louder.
by Gabe Travers/WESH.com at 3:39 PM
Well apparently Ashton knows what he's doing.

Don't calm down, Jeff. Keep their attention.

:rocker:

The Slaughter Rule from little league comes to mind... #caseyanthonyby jimlichtenstein via twitter at 1:45 PM

:floorlaugh:

I LOVE how JA is looking at the jury like "check out this moron, will ya?"

In an attempt to be fair, I have asked myself if I would like this witness testimony style better if he were a state witness instead of defense. And my resounding answer to myself was ~ no!

I find him evasive and biased. I wouldn't like that even if he were a state witness.

both sides got what they wanted out of this witness,call it a day!!MO

Based on your experience or study can you look @ this stain and see if this stain came from a human decompostion...no it doesn't look lik the numerous homicide and suicide and natural causes scenes...is this photo good example of decomp fluid would look like on a carpet...this photo look like decomp....

given smell of decomp body would be in trunk of car for 1 to several days...someone ran out of gas...day or 2 after body removed...would someone be able to smell human decomp (object sustain based upon hypothetica)

would 4 people be able to ride around in a car the smell object -sustain

given - Jb asks for a moment -----Cm consulting w/JB

You never rendered opinion chew tobacco smells same as decompose body....no....trash dried is same smell as decomp -= no...any insinuation of such would you consider mislead? commentary of counsel!

RECROSS

Dr. H what was condition of garbage when it was in the trunk? based on evidence ...he has no knowledge of that ...doesn't know if wet or dry...nothing added to bag from time in trunk and time obtained by LE - NO FOOD in bag...object overrule...something wet non-food items don't all the sudden become food...unless dehydrated food...no food...wet or dry still not food..

adipocere- appearance of stain of decomp....not a forensic anthropologist got your PhD in 2008 yes....Masters in 2005 3 yrs before that.....study adipocere or decomp stains for bachelors degree? witness process of adipocere but did not study it....this experience comes come from your work from the last 3 years since PhD...no well before that...began before...began working in Hancock County as an assistance in highschool worked for a mortuary studied as .....ever in your experience as identity of a stain...first time ever asked to look @ a photograph to determine it is adipocere or human decomp.....first time ever in court of law you asked to identify from photo to identify human decomp....either way...when JB asked the question he didn't qualify about human decomp he asked bout stain...either way yes this is the first time whether human or other......no qualification exists to knowledge.....

every opinion related to this case in your report (object- beyhond the scope - impeachment Judge - overrule)....asked again...that report doesn't contain any opinion about identifying a stain by it's appearance object overrule - it is not in that report!

acknowledge on redirect photo was not intended to be a recreation of events in the case...presented to jury...didn't tell them it is not a representation what happened in this case...no but I also didn't tell them it was a representation...

JB - you are the youngest board certified entomologist (object) forensic correct....PhD certified thru the Am. Boad of Forensic Entomology certified before PhD...worked many death investigations....how many ...how much experience ...in the field consuted on approx. 75 death investigations in forensic entomology....

even though didn't put it in your report still render that opinion to this jury?

when you work as forensic entomologist work with photos....many cases come strictly as photos as no examples .....very common way for insect evidence and decomp stages of the body....vary in any way the photos you saw for this report....would expect any forensic entomologist would have the same answer....

JA I thought you said you never been asked to look @ a stain ...never in a court law....outside court of law it is something done all the time....discussed your opinion back in 2008 didn't you? why didn't you put it in your report? object -overrule....discuss with counsel didn't put in report? specifically discuss insects recover from trunk....it wasn't from medical, legal, nature ...weren't you instructed that every opinion in this case must be included in your report.......those boards....

witness excuse? yes

SLAM.....JA just ruined this witness. He is decomposing before our very eyes.

Now JA is going for discovery violations.

Remember how key these reports were?

The only reason i feel BAD for this guy is that he didnt have the foresight to AVOID getting involved in this case. He clearly is not as experienced as others and now he has been made to look a fool.

If you discussed it with counsel, why didnt it go in your report?
blah blah blah excuse.
JA- is having a field day.

Excused and not subject to recall. He's done. Take a flight back to Nebraska.

Have you ever been in a room when someone else is getting yelled at? But you aren't. That's sort of the look on some juror faces.
by Gabe Travers/WESH.com at 3:46 PM

So, anyone else think that JB is now sorry that he insisted on taking this witness beyond his expertise?

Closing in for the Kill - so to speak!
Decimated, Annihilated - use whatever word you would like to use.
It is over - witness excused.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member