2011.06.18 TRIAL Day Twenty-two (Morning Session Only)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Observing ICA during the great HHJP smackdown to JB, she was so pizzed. She read her tea leaves wrong this morning. She is not having a great day.

What is good about this is she can't whine to JB at the moment. She is the last person JB wants to hear from.

I will assume that Dr Spitz will take up the rest of the day. He just got over some serious intestinal problems. I hope his body can take JA cross later on.

Still experiencing trouble w/laptop....typed the entire morning and laptop shut down....losing all info....back on the minibook - please excuse typos and transpositons even more today - due to tiny keyboard...Big thanks to Mombomb!

Hang in. Someone "up there" is probably protecting you from blowing your lid in a post. I know you never do that, but I am sure tempted.

I had to catch my breath before posting again. That low, gravely voice that JP uses when he's angry gives me the shivers! He seems to be a lovely man, but I sure wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of that voice. It's like a panther growling... So much respect for this judge!

Listening to WFTV's commentators, they are spot on.

And the State has to draft an instruction for the jury which Judge Perry may or may not read!

LOL love it! :)

Someone tweeted 'what's up with juror 9' this a.m. and I wondered what that meant.\

ETA: This was incorrect- Just checked my twitter feed and what was tweeted was "Who's up as defense witness #9?"

Just want to clarify I was mistaken in my post. Sorry.

Want to BUMP this post to correct my error.

I think when this trial is over Mr. Baez is going to be facing some problems. I don't know if he can be in trouble over the rules of sequestration if it has to do with his witness.

Sorry to ask...but WTH happened?

PS- contempt of court?!?

So now the SA has to do a deposition this afternoon, thanks to JB, but JB I am sure will be taking the afternoon off. IMO

Edit to ask: or does JB have to be there too?

I don't think he has to be there, and from Jose's statement earlier, he probably doesn't want to have to sit through it. He whined about having to sit through hundreds of depositions for this case. But he had to, because it's his responsibility as an attorney.

Exactly right. And the witness who presented the video said so himself on the stand. The video represented how the duct tape MIGHT have moved during decomp. But Dr. R probably isn't watching all this testimony, so he's probably not aware of that. Again, not his fault if he misspeaks...JB is asking the questions here, and he only contacted Dr. R 2 days ago?

I'm not sure what the 2 days ago is - but this guy did his expert report in Feb of this year. Maybe Baez just called him in two days ago to testify.
But his work was done on this case months ago. Multiple conversations and emails with Baez.
No excuse at all for what just went down.
I love it when Baez is caught red-handed! We can see he's bent, but I love it when the court officially recognizes it.
While he is ruling, HHJP is protecting the integrity of the trial, the appellate court and sidestepping an ineffective counsel charge.

I really think it's him who the sequestration violation is about. His TV interviews have been outrageous. I've been working my fingers to the bone transcribing them lol.

Thanks, BeanE! You always bring so much extra effort that's helpful. If he's present in those studios, he might as well be in the courtroom. He'd know everything being said there.

I don't understand why he's even allowed to testify then???

He will be allowed to testify AFTER these new depositions because it is a VERY serious matter to deny a witness to testify. It has to be under very serious circumstances, and the judge doesn't NEED any room for Appeal or Mistrial. So he is being OVERLY kind to JB and Fair to both sides by allowing this man to be redeposed. I think its the right thing.

All I have seen is Jose Baez SMIRK. Dead little girl. SMIRK. Talking about Casey getting sexually abused. SMIRK.

But the picture caught on the page before this one, shows Jose without that smirk and for the first time I see the coldness.

You know Jose did the same thing with ALL of his witnesses. :yes:

:twocents:

I think part of the reason HHJP is cutting JB so much slck is because he knows how woefully inexperienced Baez is. Three years as a practicing attorney and you're handling the biggest criminal trial in the country?

On the other hand, CM has more experience than any other attorney involved in this case, so even if Baez claims not to know any better, there's just no excuse for this BS from the defense, period.

Maybe that's why we have seen so little of him so far. He probably thinks His Honor will jump down his throat, so he sends the newbie to do the dirty work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stewsj