2011.06.18 TRIAL Day Twenty-two (Morning Session Only)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why did he need to get that statement in immediately. That makes me wary of him. hope he's up front.

Yes it makes him sound like he has a chip on his shoulder and he is going to set every one straight right up front.

I tell ya, JB reallllly has an ax to grind with Dr. Vass. JB hates the guy. He even has this guy say right up front that he's unpaid. We all know he's obsessed with Dr. Vass getting paid by the State and making money off his "machine".

It seems like we have another expert with attitude, we shall see.

Rodriquez has not been qualified as an "Expert" in entomology before.

JA is objecting to him as a "Expert'

Good morning all. I can't believe I over slept but I'm here now.

JA objecting to him being qualified as expert entomology, sidebar called by HHJP

NOT been qualified as an expert in forensic entymology!

Sat. 6/18/11

JB w/Dr. William Rodriguez III, here as an unpaid consultant.....give occupation...forensic anthropologist...dept. of Defense ME office in Wash. DC, US Armed Forces ME office for 23 yrs, forensic anthro. for Onandaga Syracuse NY before that....Doctorate 1985 professional Caddo Parrish Coroner office served 2/3 State of Louisiana....co=founder of the Body Farm....started that with Wm. Bass (Vass) from U of Tenn....talking about time since death in early 80's discussing how to get better understand of human decomp....Dr. Bass said only way was to research experiments - recruited first decomp facility....put up first fences, laid concrete, brought bodies in....he was Sr. author on first publications.....extensive experience in 3 yrs in Caddo Parrish - subtropical climate...decomp evident due to heat/humid/insects....upstate NY similar types of bodies...during 23 yrs. w/Govt....traveled whole world seen various bodies in various stages of decay......Taphonomy - study of breakdown of organism after death and recycled by nature....how many publications....2 from body farm, one chapter in Med/Legal invest. by Spitz & Fisher, numerous papers to Nat. Acadm of Forensic Science.....forensic entomology began roots in Europe....time of decomp research @decay facility @ U of Tenn that the forensic entomology movement got started....Dr. Lee Golf (?) from Hawaii very interested in this reserach...look @ insect activity...helped them found the board of American Entomology....insects and decomp.....lectured on entomology, taphonomy, and forensic anthropology.....lectured 100 or more times.....Dr. Rodriguiz admitted as expert? how many times qualified in entomology? not .....JA objects to this...agrees to taphonomy and forensic anthro but not the entomology.....JB argues that entomology began from.....Sidebar!

"the research that BEGAN entymology came from his..."

that's disingenuity at its finest. :| entymology's been around as long as there have been people to wonder.

Ohh... carp! I have very limited time this morning and we already have our first sidebar. Grrr....

And we are what 3 minutes into questioning and we have our first sidebar.

KC was just totally spacing out, EF started talking with her, she snapped out of it

JB is scared of Dr Vass's testimony. He is trying real hard to discredit him.. JA is not happy with this witness credentials concerning entomology.

Acted as expert witness in approximately 100 cases. Not qualified in field of entomology, however. JA objected to Rodriguez being an expert witness in entomology therefore. SIDEBAR.

This guy must have been contacted last night in the hopes he can do what Dr. Huntington was unable to do yesterday.

I can already tell the whispering with ICA and LF is going to get on my last nerve today. Constant back and forth.

Does Guiness keep a record for the most sidebars per day in a trial?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rav17en