2011.06.20 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Twenty-three)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Judge Perry has turned a problem child into a big problem child. JB knows that nothing is going to happen to him.

I disagree. I know it seems that he is getting away with 'murder' (didn't really intend that pun LOL) but HHJP is being very careful to not allow any appeals issues. He's walking a tight line. But at the end of trial, I believe he will deal with JB swiftly.

Apparently, his report said NOTHING. So, now the State has to depose him before he can testify

How the heck do you issue a report that says nothing? You just hand someone a blank piece of paper and sign your name to it? :floorlaugh:

Let me preface my question by saying I'm pro-prosecution and admire the work of the assistant state attorneys. I'm operating from memory, but I recall HHJP told JA to depose the Body Farm witness on Saturday afternoon with the understanding that the witness would be called Monday morning. Didn't JA have an obligation to be prepared for the witness this morning?

Yes and he did depose him, but JA explained that the witness had an opinion that regular people don't know the smell of decomp and some other shaky opinions that were not in his report and that he had to prepare for this aspect, by reading through the entire deposition.

This trial is mind blowing. I have learned much, and continue to have jaw dropping moments.

One thing I know for sure is that when the SA was up to present their case it was done in a very timely, professional and respectful manner.

The DT is entirely opposite and I have to say that they are making me angry. They are making me lose my patience. They are absolutely embarassing as a whole!!!

I pray that the jury feels the same way. Geeeeeezzzzzzzzzzz!!!! Get your chit together already! There'll be plenty of time for your books and movies AFTER this trial is over. Geeezus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let me preface my question by saying I'm pro-prosecution and admire the work of the assistant state attorneys. I'm operating from memory, but I recall HHJP told JA to depose the Body Farm witness on Saturday afternoon with the understanding that the witness would be called Monday morning. Didn't JA have an obligation to be prepared for the witness this morning?

How can he depose with no report?

And he did exactly that - transcript delivered this morning (I believe) he has read it once and wants to examine it further before he will be ready to cross. Oh and JB "sent" another witness to be deposed to SAO Sunday (no appt., no warning)

JA was making the more than an effort - JB was sandbagging

I'm just now getting here........got up at 7:45am (west coast) to watch the trial and found the court had been adjourned for the day. I've been trying to find out what happened to cause an adjournment.

The thought that crossed my mind when I saw it being reported that the court reporter when in the jury room is.................is a juror having an issue? Maybe a juror is having a meltdown and asking to be relieved of having to serve on this jury?

Maybe taking a lunch order??

:innocent:

I agree that there was probably a problem with finding a qualified witness to testify but I think there's something else going on, too. Seeing Casey's reaction to the two documents she was reading makes me suspicious that there is an additional complication. She spent a great deal of time reading them, asking questions behind her hands and was exceedingly animated. Lots of frowns, head shaking and pointing to various areas on the papers.

Something is going on that seems to be an unwelcome surprise to her. :cow:

Like CA did to ICA!!!

JP needs to reign JB in real tight but he still is given way to much slack and he comes right back and does it again, again, and again....:maddening:

I love JP but, he is all bark no bite. If he meant what he said this morning, they would be starting at 8:30. And, no way will he deny a witness. He starting backpedaling on that before he was even finished with his lecture.

PS. Casey is dressed so poorly, I am starting to think her parents want nothing to do with her now. The ILY from CA, was probably a goodbye. I read that the family can give clothes to defense. They obviously aren't. The DT must not care too much about her either. If they are trying to make her look "woe is me", I think it is a failure. It looks like no one cares enough to give a darn.

Eta: If the defense really believed in her story, wouldn't they want to look like she was worth dressing appropriately? They don't care because they don't believe her either.

I am beginning to blame Judge Perry as much for these delays as much as the defense. He is allowing the defense to get away with murder and they are going to keep this up as long as they can. Believe me, this won't be the last violation. Baez doesn't give a darn. He knows nothing is going to happen to him. The judge didnt' mind putting that brain damaged woman in the clink but he doesn't do anything to Baez. I am really sick of this. I feel sorry for the State of Florida putting out all this money for this sort of trial.

:seeya: Kathyn2, I totally understand your frustration and also feel sorry for the FL residents paying for this trial, but I do not blame HHJP for these delays. I trust HHJP and believe he is allowing JB his antics during the trial so as not to seem bias in any way towards him. I believe he is giving JB enough rope to hang himself in an appeal should that happen. I think HHJP is doing everything he can to ensure that the resident's of FL do not have to pay for another trial.

ALL JMO

Judge Eaton on the Wesh TV site said this type of delay is common, expecially in a case like this and we have, in fact, had less delays than usual due to the Judges ability to keep things on schedule so well. He says not to read too much into it.

HHJP said "Monday....or....whenever"

Can we consider the fact that HHJP is the Chief Judge of The Ninth District for a reason. Not just because he is good looking, laughs at himself, and soothes the jury with kind words and accommodates THEIR needs. He is Chief Judge because he knows the law, applies the law, based on the law and not his personal feelings. The only agenda HHJP has is to this.

From the media tweets, they're all saying they've never seen the court reporter go into the jury room....

I am wondering what the jury is thinking with all of these delays. I have been on a juryr before, and I do realize that there is a lot of "hurry up and wait" going on, but this is getting ridiculous. IMO, if I were on this jury, it would make me wonder if the DT even has a case to present or if they are just scrambling around looking for anybody to take their side.

He did depose him Saturday from 1:30pm to 3:30 pm. He didn't get the transcript of the deposition until late yesterday and has only read it once. He asked for more time to prepare for this witness. The next witness to be called only presented a blank sheet of paper as a summary and also needs deposed.

There's only so many hours in a day. It's speculated the 3rd witness at the airport also needs deposed. JB should have disclosed all this info long ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BEllis9801