2011.06.20 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Twenty-three)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, waste of the only unwrinkled shirt she has chosen to wear...that is probably the only reason she is upset.

You know what, she didn't seem upset to me. I think she is happy about what ever it was that just happened.

:sigh:
Let me preface my question by saying I'm pro-prosecution and admire the work of the assistant state attorneys. I'm operating from memory, but I recall HHJP told JA to depose the Body Farm witness on Saturday afternoon with the understanding that the witness would be called Monday morning. Didn't JA have an obligation to be prepared for the witness this morning?

I thought I heard the same thing.

Originally posted by YellowSubmarine...
Anyone else completely disgusted that while facing the death penalty for murdering her baby, that kc felt compelled to knot her sweater?!?!

I saw that knot that she tied, in the center part, of the back of her shirt. She really thinks she is sexy. I've seen people, including myself, tie a knot in the front of the shirt, or on your side. But, back there? Never. I guess she HAD to do that, even if it IS her only baby girl's murder trial. She just figures that she would hide it behind her back, with all her huge honking lies, and betrayal. She is very offensive.

Suspect that when JB went in to explain to the judge he had no witnesses available today the JP hit him with a big fine. The State knows about it but we viewers don't because JP doesn't want to harm ICA in the public.

Also suspect and have been thinking Florida Bar is going to have to step in here and there will be a mistrial. Wonder if CM has approached the FL Bar about JB (or any other attorney on this case, they can't want to be associated with JB's dog and pony show and will want to try and save what ever reputation they have remaining)

And as a FL Taxpayer we will be paying for a redo.

WHy? Please tell.

Well......consider todays "follies", then the Judge taking his reporter with him to the jury room, now we have something showing up about juror's names. It almost makes me think the jury - or a juror or something along those lines, are/is fixing to be released.

Mason and Ashton conferring before the Judge announced the stipulation to recess for the day

Attachments

• Mason Ashton huddle.JPG
    Mason Ashton huddle.JPG
    22 KB · Views: 154
the defense happened (and their unpreparedness and unwillingness to follow hhjp's orders)

wonder how much money was wasted today/how much it costs per day to run the trial?

I do think Jose is after a mistrial, I hate to say it but their has to be a reason to this madness. After all he does have other counsel helping him and he is not alone. Oh my what a mess.

After everything else that has happened in the last few days I was waiting for ICA to take the stand and when they ask her to state her name for her to roll out Zenaida Fernandez (Hyphen) Gonzales

The witness didn't have the required opinion report when he showed up, is my understanding. He couldn't be properly deposed. Kinda like Dr. Spitz's 2 page autopsy reports; had to be court ordered and was submitted 2 years after the autopsy and just a month and a half before the trial. Same concept. Pushing the limits of discovery and court order requirements. Low down tactics. JMO...

You are mxing up 2 different withnesses I think. Ashton did depose Rodriguez on Saturday after court was recessed.

Another witness showed up at his office, unannounced on Sunday afternoon asking to be deposed with no report that should have been submitted to the state and the court.

Does anyone know if the court can pursue this on its own or if requested by the state? If JB outright lied to the court and it can be proven, ie no one coming in at airport, no witness that will say they were enroute, etc., Would we even know if the matter will be pursued??

If he lied it was to the Court ,directly.He will deal with it,IMO.

JB is toast .He should start lining up his new bikini shop location.

Not sure why anyone thinks nothing will happen to him. HHJP is all over this.

I'm just now getting here........got up at 7:45am (west coast) to watch the trial and found the court had been adjourned for the day. I've been trying to find out what happened to cause an adjournment.

The thought that crossed my mind when I saw it being reported that the court reporter when in the jury room is.................is a juror having an issue? Maybe a juror is having a meltdown and asking to be relieved of having to serve on this jury?

You could not be more wrong - LOL - Baez up to his usual shenanigans with witnesses and JA calling for sanctions - Eckingburg showed up at JA's office unannounced for a depo without a report and JA turfed him out. Baez got up and did a 15 minute diatribe blaming the SA for everything,
JA shut the court down for a day to give the SA time to catch up on depos - and gave Baez yet another spanking.Working a full day on Saturdays now.

From the media tweets, they're all saying they've never seen the court reporter go into the jury room....

The court reporter goes into the jury room with permission of the attorneys, if the judge talks to them without the defendant being present. To preserve the record. He did it several times during jury selection.

Is it possible SA and DT are working on a plea deal?

It's possible but improbable as JB and the defendant are too pompous to admit defeat of any kind. He wants either a mistrial or a full out acquittal (Both living in a FANTASY LAND)

My advice to the court...If the reports are available and a depo has not been done or has been done, based on the last report given before the start date of the trial, that the neither team can make further changes with any of the witnesses or their reports...hence no more depos for either side and no amended reports or testimony should be allowed. All chances gone the curtain is up and the audience is seated...the show must go on.

Originally posted by YellowSubmarine...

I saw that knot that she tied, in the center part, of the back of her shirt. She really thinks she is sexy. I've seen people, including myself, tie a knot in the front of the shirt, or on your side. But, back there? Never. I guess she HAD to tie that shirt, even if it IS a murder trial. She just figured that she would hide it behind her back, with all her huge honking lies, and betrayal.

I have seen girls tie the knot in the back, but I don't think it is appropriate for court. JMO

This is a photo making the rounds on Twitter. It brought a tear to my eye for sure!

Attachments

• Cayleesteam.jpg
    Cayleesteam.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 391
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors