2011.06.20 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Twenty-three)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How the heck do you issue a report that says nothing? You just hand someone a blank piece of paper and sign your name to it? :floorlaugh:

Maybe put it inside a salami container and call it salami?

(yes, that was sarcasm. I couldn't help myself).

I understand perfectly what you are saying and thats exactly what Baez is doing. Going against the judge's orders because he knows the judge doesn't want a mistrial.

But what the judge can do and what he should do is send the jury out and slap a big fine on Baez every time he does this. That may get him to stop if it comes out of his wallet. And I do hope Perry takes him to the bar after this is over.

I wouldn't say it is HHJP's "fault", but while he is doing everything he can to not punish ICA for her lawyer's disgusting behavior, he is unintentionally giving JB a huge door to continue disregarding the courts rulings. JB is counting on HHJP trying to prevent a mistrial, so he will continue with his antics. I don't know how to say this any better, but do you know what I mean? HHJP is between a rock and a mistrial.

I'm hoping we will find out just what is going on by the noon breaking news hour.

This is a photo making the rounds on Twitter. It brought a tear to my eye for sure!
Attached Thumbnails

This is a photo making the rounds on Twitter. It brought a tear to my eye for sure!

Thank you for posting that! It makes it all so much more real! Can we send this photo to ICA?

P.S. Sorry can't make the thumbnail appear here in my post. Click on the little arrow next to FairyB's quote and it'll take you right to the photo.

How can he depose with no report?

My understanding is that Rodriguez had a report that contained "Gotcha" material, which HHJP allowed JA to depose him about. It was the other witness who had a report that didn't didn't say anything along with a Power Point presentation, which JA received on Sunday.

I need to go to the grocery store too. Since Iwork every weekend, we NEVER have food left come Monday after all my boys are fending for themselves. I guess today we will be having chinese food cuz no way I'm going to the store now, lol

i can not eat rice anymore after maggott discusions-lol chinese fried rice -ah no!

You are mxing up 2 different withnesses I think. Ashton did depose Rodriguez on Saturday after court was recessed.

Another witness showed up at his office, unannounced on Sunday afternoon asking to be deposed with no report that should have been submitted to the state and the court.

Yep, thanks! I tried to delete my original post before anyone replied, but you are too quick! Deleted.

How the heck do you issue a report that says nothing? You just hand someone a blank piece of paper and sign your name to it? :floorlaugh:

That would be too much work for JB, I'll bet he has a rubber stamp with his signature.

Anyone else think that Casey is probably bummed that she has to spend most of the day in her cage? I think she rather likes getting out to appear in court, so she must be seething about the very short time that she was out of jail today. jmo

From the media tweets, they're all saying they've never seen the court reporter go into the jury room....

Gosh, they really don't pay attention, do they?

When jury selection was going on Judge Perry would take the court reporter in with him when he had to discuss something - so it is all above board and all on record and no lawyers (defense team) could come back later and say something underhanded was going on.

Judge Perry had to go into the jury room and tell them about delay/cancellation of court today and so as is proper he takes the court reporter with him. The reason the reporters haven't seen it before is because the weren't paying attention at jury selection and I bet this would be a first that a defense team is so obviously incompetent as to not have any witnesses there thus causing court to be cancelled, but Judge Perry always does things by the book.

I am wondering what the jury is thinking with all of these delays. I have been on a juryr before, and I do realize that there is a lot of "hurry up and wait" going on, but this is getting ridiculous. IMO, if I were on this jury, it would make me wonder if the DT even has a case to present or if they are just scrambling around looking for anybody to take their side.

I hope the jury does not take all these delays to mean the state is the cause. Who knows what they may be thinking? Remember, they don't know anything close to what we know.

mistrial:

A courtroom trial that has been terminated prior to its normal conclusion. A mistrial has no legal effect and is considered an invalid or nugatory trial. It differs from a "new trial," which recognizes that a trial was completed but was set aside so that the issues could be tried again.

http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/mistrial

At about 15:34 - Check out the guy just behind JB with the grey hair and glasses! :giggle:

http://www.wftv.com/video/28294755/index.html

Yeah, that guy always has a huge grin when Baez starts with his BS..I suspect they can all read through him and know he's doing this to himself...so, watch what you ask for....Baez might get it yet...:great:

JMHO

:seeya: all tomorrow...might as well pay attention to my home...got some things I've been putting off...so off I go....JMHO

Justice for Caylee

Respectfully, none of this is JA's fault.

I didnt say it was-I was actually intrigued with the discussion regarding JA's demeanor and whether or not he is "stooping" to JB's level. I think JA is supremely irritated by JB and it shows. Not to his benefit, but also not to his detriment since the bulk of the public sides with JA.

I think the SA is awesome and I expect they will win. It will be hard for them not to, given their overwhelming talents combined with a very strong circumstantial case...arguably circumstantial in my mind fwiw.

A plea deal?

Are you freakin' kidding me! :eek:

I just don't believe it. In order for Casey to plead, wouldn't she have to admit to wrong doing? In order for the state to consider giving her one, wouldn't she have to admit to their theory in part and not an accidental drowning?

I just don't see JA, nor LDB agreeing to any kind of plea at this point.

Tony Pippetone of WKMG was in the courtroom when the attorneys were summoned to the Judge. He followed them but was denied admission to the private meeting. The only council there we're Cheney for the DT and Linda and Frank George for the SA. Baez, Simms and Ashton were not present, as they were out of the courtroom when the summons for the judge came. The reporter notified Baez and Ashton as to the meeting. None knew it was happening.

Welcome to WS FLmom777. I tried welcoming you before but got the doors slammed on me when we moved from the trial thread here. With regards to your first post, yes I have noticed how condescending and rude JB is when he addressed the judge. It makes me think he believes this case is his lottery ticket and afterwards he will be onto much bigger and more lucrative things....... jmo and I don't believe that will be succesful for him.

:welcome: :wagon:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members