2011.06.20 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Twenty-three)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There's no plea deal guys.

My best guess is that DT witnesses are not there, or have not submitted appropriate reports about their testimony.

I don't think there is a plea deal at all........however, I do think there is something going on besides JB not having his witnesses ready.

Exactly! :tyou:

I'm not sure what makes me craziER :crazy:. JB and his antics or the wild speculations that there is a plea, or a juror has been kicked off the jury.

Everyone needs to :chillout:

ITA. thank you.

I agree that Baez should be fined and it should be hefty. He has wasted an entire day of court for a lot of people.

Fine him and maybe then he will be better organized.

This is so unusual to me.

Being in the court reporting business 30+ years, I can't remember even one time the court reporter has gone into the jury room. Any juror questions are addressed in open court. If there's a problem with a juror being sick or whatever, that juror is questioned individually.

Maybe it is a mutiny....LOL

Well......consider todays "follies", then the Judge taking his reporter with him to the jury room, now we have something showing up about juror's names. It almost makes me think the jury - or a juror or something along those lines, are/is fixing to be released.

If a juror is being released, sure hope its juror #4!!!

There's no plea deal guys.

My best guess is that DT witnesses are not there, or have not submitted appropriate reports about their testimony.

I agree. HHJP clearly said he would take further action if any witnesses testified to something NOT in their reports. I'm sure this was the end of the hallway for JB and he had to admit that his experts had omitted things from their reports. MOO

Welcome to WS FLmom777. I tried welcoming you before but got the doors slammed on me when we moved from the trial thread here. With regards to your first post, yes I have noticed how condescending and rude JB is when he addressed the judge. It makes me think he believes this case is his lottery ticket and afterwards he will be onto much bigger and more lucrative things....... jmo and I don't believe that will be succesful for him.

:welcome: :wagon:

Baez is very rude towards Judge Perry. I like Judge Perry and believe he is a good man and shows others respect. Baez must think he is better than everyone else. He will learn that this case is going to be his "15 minutes of fame" and that his fame will be coming to an end after the trial. I'm sure no one will remember much about the child killers defender after awhile. People will forget about him but I'm sure Baez will still be BIG in his own mind.

Originally posted by ThinkTank...
Fryer on her cell phone and the Inmate reading it
'

This should be against ALL court rules. Here in Cali it is. Unbelievable.

Help help help!!!! I overslept my alarm didn't go off!! Wth is going on?????

If you understand the process of a criminal proceeding, as well as the appeals process, you will see what HHJP is doing with that in mind. It is not his fault that JB did not have his witnesses lined up and ready to testify. Any seasoned attorney would know that there are hiccups in trial, and you have to be ready for virtually anything. IMHO he lied to the judge saying his witness was on the way.

The Judge cannot chastise one party openly in court, with them then screaming bias on appeal. Now in chambers, at sidebar (as evidenced by that little “you lied to me, oh hell yes you did” leak we saw law week) that is entirely different. He has done the right thing holding contempt until after the trial...and I do believe he will follow up with just that. The law he read in court today stated that when there is egregious behavior by the defense, the supreme court has said that EVEN THOUGH barring a piece of evidence or testimony by a witness would prejudice the defendant’s right to a fair trial, the judge’s hands aren’t tied. There has to be a remedy, or a tool that the judge can use. I believe if this happens again, he will bar the witness from testifying. He laid predicate...so to speak.

As far as the Eikenberg (or whatever) testimony goes, the judge set out very clearly in his order way back when was was to be done by both sides. JB did not submit any type of report, and IIRC the judge said “if it ain’t there, it won’t be at trial either” or something to that effect. But here we have JB (after Saturday’s azz whippin’) trying to be smart and sending his witness over to the SA’s office to offer himself up for deposition. THAT AIN’T HOW IT’S DONE, COWBOY. AND THIS AIN’T THE JUDGE’S FIRST RODEO.

What are you talking about 'snitch'? tia

How this info got leaked, that jurors names might be released. Why the motion barring it, out of the blue.

I understand perfectly what you are saying and thats exactly what Baez is doing. Going against the judge's orders because he knows the judge doesn't want a mistrial.

But what the judge can do and what he should do is send the jury out and slap a big fine on Baez every time he does this. That may get him to stop if it comes out of his wallet. And I do hope Perry takes him to the bar after this is over.

I believe HH will take this beyond the Bar. He is deferring dealing with it now because they are in the middle of a DP case,but JB is on notice,he is staring down the barrel of HHJP's gun.
HH will not want to see JB represent another person in the State of FL.IMO

The "shirt-back-knot" has been the in thing with the teeny-bopper crowd for a couple of years. When I was growing up (in the 80's) we did it in the front or on the side. It's commonly done with t-shirts--I've never seen it done with a sweater. I think it's just another example of ICA demonstrating how immature she is. Seriously, who would care about appearing to be on-trend while on trial for your child's murder?!

ICA is certainly not a teeny bopper any more:maddening:
This girl loves herself, she thinks she's hot and se$y and loves her men.....

OMG your post just tore me up! I've been trying to keep it together. this is so sad!
Interesting that you mention that Caylee would have had friends...just last week, upon viewing all the photos I could find of Caylee, I saw nary a single picture of her with any other children. That, in an of itself, is heart breaking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaLegend71