2011.06.20 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Twenty-three)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh and something else about the judge. He already broke his promise that court would be at 8:30am. Today he stated at the end that court was in recess til 9am just like it always is. No wonder everyone thinks they can do as they please.

No he actually said that the court would start at 9 - the lawyers were instructed to be there at 8.30.

Oh and something else about the judge. He already broke his promise that court would be at 8:30am. Today he stated at the end that court was in recess til 9am just like it always is. No wonder everyone thinks they can do as they please.

He said attorneys need to be there every day at 8:30. Not that court begins at 8:30. He said court will go all day Saturday, and he may consider beginning court at 8:30. IIRC

Judge Eaton on the Wesh TV site said this type of delay is common, expecially in a case like this and we have, in fact, had less delays than usual due to the Judges ability to keep things on schedule so well. He says not to read too much into it.

Just jumping off your post...no offense to you, gl.

Well, thus far, I haven't been too impressed with Ole Judge Eaton's opinions, so I don't believe they are worth listening to now either. JMO

:eek:

What's she going to say, that she always had suspicions about GA or something?

(Man, I'm NOT going to start speculating. No siree.)

WAY,WAY off base with speculation. But I'm not going to tell you other than ,she's a great witness for the prosecution :seeya:

Let me preface my question by saying I'm pro-prosecution and admire the work of the assistant state attorneys. I'm operating from memory, but I recall HHJP told JA to depose the Body Farm witness on Saturday afternoon with the understanding that the witness would be called Monday morning. Didn't JA have an obligation to be prepared for the witness this morning?

It would be kinda hard to prepare without the "deposition transcript". JA didn't receive it until this morning.

What a mess! I really do not see ICA winning an appeal due to ineffective counsel. She chose JB and has had a team of qualified lawyers. I really think she is happy with the job JB is doing!

I think All Cindy's note -taking is about points for appeal, especially
her daughters' Counsel. We know from the jail tapes ( with Lee esp.)
that the family was not happy about ICA's choice of Attorney.

JMHO

I could be wrong but I thought he said regular court would start at 9am but the attorney's need to be there at 8:30 for any house cleaning issues.

I'd be here for days on end citing all the things that tick me off about the defense team but one example is how JB's narcissism occludes Casey's right to due process.

- Seeking to exclude the jail visitation because of comments made about counsel.
- Stating to the court that he told experts HE would face dire circumstances if reports were not generated. NOT his client but HIM.
- Accusing the SAO of seeking a criminal conviction on a personal bias - and also attacking the accused's attorney.

It is just absolutely infuriating that this trial is not about Caylee and not even about Casey's right to due process but rather him, his career, reputation, etc. I think I just might hate Baez more than Casey. Okay not quite but it's close - real close. ;)

it is this decision which makes me wonder if a plea agreement has been offered/accepted. Casey was handed a packet of paper which caused her to become quite distressed while reading it during the 45 minute judge's chamber hearings, right before dismissal today.

I have to wonder.......

I believe he meant for the Jurors. The attorneys still have to be there at 8:30.

? Just skimming through ......... is "the grief lady" who they are waiting on? TIA

The State took the depo of grief expert Sally Karioth this past Saturday, but the Judge has not yet allowed the Defense to use her in trial.
I believe Ashton will have arguments about allowing such a witness.

Just jumping off your post...no offense to you, gl.

Well, thus far, I haven't been too impressed with Ole Judge Eaton's opinions, so I don't believe they are worth listening to now either. JMO

I know...don't shoot the messenger, just throwing the hearsay I heard out there. lol

Well, if it is true that a witness was there and available, then there must be another reason for court being called off, right?

BBM

No, he told the lawyers to be there at 8:30am so that any house keeping matters can be taken care of, so Court can begin on schedule at 9:00am, when the jury arrives.

What? Does JB and team want to release the names of the jurors? Is this so he can research them on Wiki and Facebook? Just kidding about Wiki and Facebook, but not about researching them. Just another way for Jose to try desperately to get a mistrial.:maddening:

Or they just might want their names publicly known so the media hounds their families and perhaps something gets out via media that can allow the DT to have one or more kicked off the jury.

The jury members names need to be kept private. Period. Until the case is over.

Shirley Plesea (sp) Cindy's mother

Thanks, figured it out after I asked... could only think of Scott Peterson while I was trying to figure whose initials those were...:banghead:

It's probably against some sort of rule for me to repeat it, but one of Mr Hornsby's twitter entries on June 19 is hysterical. It involves a bowl. Go check it out.

Also, the eagle lands at midnight.

link?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members