2011.06.20 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Twenty-three)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You forgot Baez's sincere and butt-hurt diatribe about how he never intentionally attempted to derail the trial and how 'disturbed' he is to even have his integrity called into question. :D

This is why I love WS! When we try to quickly answer what comes to mind....we have others who have our backs to fill in some of the rest of the blanks. Thank You (all)!

What Bill S. was saying is that if the judge calls a mistrial it might be perceived by the higher court as jeopardy. Double Jeopardy that the trial was flawed and thus she can't be tried again.

The judge would need to wait until the Defense decides to ask for another mistrial.

Doesn't there have to be a final verdict in order for there to be double jeopardy?

Did he say during testimony that he was one of the co-founders? He was on the stand so briefly, I can't recall. :waitasec:

Yes they are replaying his testimony now and he did say he was co founder and the "senior" something or another.....so thats not true?

Doesn't there have to be a final verdict in order for there to be double jeopardy?

Correct. Double jeopardy only comes into play if the verdict was "not guilty" then she cannot be tried for the same crimes again.

Good grief. First only Dr. Spitz can declare an autopsy thorough and correct. Now only Rodriguez can correctly distinguish human decomp. The defense team certainly is fortunate to have stumbled upon these oracles of wisdom, especially considering that lead counsel cannot even follow the most basic rules of criminal procedure.

I wonder how they manage to fit all those over-inflated egos on one little ol' defense team? :giggle:

No kidding. Casey has a twin defense who has managed to find every long lost twin of theirs and Casey to be witnesses for them. How did they do that? It's unbelievable to me how many of their witnesses are exactly like them. There must be an narcissism factory they get them out of or something. Or maybe the only people they associate with are the ones exactly like themselves. Sheesh.

326454414.jpg

OS reporter @tonycolarossi and @KBelichWFTV tries to get comment from attorney Jose Baez after court cancelled.

How much do you supposed that get up JB has on there cost? A pretty penny I would venture to guess. Looks like it is a tailored suit. I see CM has on blue as well. Do you think they send out memos the day before court to tell everyone what the attire is for tomorrow? Dig those shades, too. :loser:

Correct. Double jeopardy only comes into play if the verdict was "not guilty" then she cannot be tried for the same crimes again.
Check out what Bill said when they get his comments up on WFTV. I am not a lawyer and don't play one on tv. :) Maybe he is wrong about this.

Being a Canadian, I have a bit of an outside view here in the court procedure here. What I see shocks me. Just how much money do the good tax player have to put up to pay for this madness? $10 million is surely a low number here. Does every charged person get this kind of money wasted on them? Of course not. The court's in Florida has been discriminating in favour of the media here from the beginning. A trial held for the media with no concept of reality involved is going on here. No system is perfect. But this system is ludicrous. Personally I like the Israeli three judge tribunal system. That system at least makes for a much quicker cheaper trial. Which is not a burden on the tax players. Gee a trial with no sidebars, no ethnologist or DNA 101 classes, etc... And lawyers that have to plea their case to the judges, not the media and the jurors as a secondary issue.

I beg to differ. The state attorneys have never put themselves in front of the camera. Nor has Judge Perry. The defense, on the other hand....

I think those of us not from FL should try to vacation there and give back to their economy . We can all wear Caylee /WS T-shirts so we recognize each other :seeya:
:mickey: :sunshine: :cool2: :parrot: :rollercoaster:

I live in Canada but own a Disney Vacation Club time share. So trust me, we do our part to stimulate the economy :)

On our next visit we will be going to Surburban Drive to have a moment of silence at Caylee's site.

According to B. Shaeffer he had someone double check his opinion while they were on air. His opinion is that jeopardy could be that they were in the middle of the trial, there was no request from the defense to call a mistrial and that what is happening may not be considered a reason for the judge to declare a mistrial. The higher courts could say it was jeopardy for the defendant.

I'm not a lawyer I'm just reporting what B. Shaeffer stated. I'm waiting for his recap to pop up. It isn't there yet they are probably trying to get the scoop.

How much do you supposed that get up JB has on there cost? A pretty penny I would venture to guess. Looks like it is a tailored suit. I see CM has on blue as well. Do you think they send out memos the day before court to tell everyone what the attire is for tomorrow? Dig those shades, too. :loser:

Wish I knew what KB was saying back there. JB hates her, I think.

Baez and Cheney M. look too smug in that pic, imo. WTH.

WOW...I just had a surreal experience...My wife is getting my daughter ready to go out (I'm in another room). I can't see my daughter(she just turned 3)...all I hear is her singing...

"you are my sunshine....don't take my sunshine away"

I have the chills as I type this

I had a similar experience at the ballfield this weekend with a toddler sitting on her mother's lap singing this very song. When she saw the tears start to fill my eyes she said "let me sing a different song." Her selection? Jesus loves the little children. I had to walk away. I was too emotional.

Being a Canadian, I have a bit of an outside view here in the court procedure here. What I see shocks me. Just how much money do the good tax player have to put up to pay for this madness? $10 million is surely a low number here. Does every charged person get this kind of money wasted on them? Of course not. The court's in Florida has been discriminating in favour of the media here from the beginning. A trial held for the media with no concept of reality involved is going on here. No system is perfect. But this system is ludicrous. Personally I like the Israeli three judge tribunal system. That system at least makes for a much quicker cheaper trial. Which is not a burden on the tax players. Gee a trial with no sidebars, no ethnologist or DNA 101 classes, etc... And lawyers that have to plea their case to the judges, not the media and the jurors as a secondary issue.

I bet a lot of people are falsely accused in Israel. MO

Good grief. First only Dr. Spitz can declare an autopsy thorough and correct. Now only Rodriguez can correctly distinguish human decomp. The defense team certainly is fortunate to have stumbled upon these oracles of wisdom, especially considering that lead counsel cannot even follow the most basic rules of criminal procedure.

I wonder how they manage to fit all those over-inflated egos on one little ol' defense team? :giggle:

Considering all the top lawyers and experts who have left the team,I don't they can :innocent:

Jose Baez, rockstar... Geez, as much as he complains about press, you can sure see how much he enjoys being pursued in this pic.

P.s. Baez is decked out today, but he doesn't hold a candle to Vasco Dagama T when it comes to being a sharp dressed man with a killer pocket square...VDT put Baez to shame at his press conference. JMO...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Backhand