2011.06.20 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Twenty-three)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What Bill S. was saying is that if the judge calls a mistrial it might be perceived by the higher court as jeopardy. Double Jeopardy that the trial was flawed and thus she can't be tried again.

The judge would need to wait until the Defense decides to ask for another mistrial.

http://twitpic.com/5ed1u6

326454414.jpg
326454414.jpg

OS reporter @tonycolarossi and @KBelichWFTV tries to get comment from attorney Jose Baez after court cancelled.

Watching IS (groan) and they are talking about how ME has to know the circumstances before they do the autopsy...I don't get this, why should they know that? Shouldn't they be looking for cause of death without any preconceived notions?

In this case, when there are only skeletonized remains, the circumstances should be very important. :twocents:

Just throwing it out there - 3 year anniversary of the Hot Body Contest

Wow, that really puts it into context. The anniversary of Caylee's death was a mere 4 DAYS GO!! That action alone proves she is guilty! The State could have just said to the jury on the 16th that today 3 years ago Caylee died. Then recessed until today & showed the hot body pic & said today 3 years ago, Casey celebrated the death of her daughter! Case closed!

Watching IS (groan) and they are talking about how ME has to know the circumstances before they do the autopsy...I don't get this, why should they know that? Shouldn't they be looking for cause of death without any preconceived notions?

Have you watched Dr. G's testimony? She said she considered (per protocol I believe) that the child was not reported missing for 31 days,that she was thrown into a field (I think she said field :waitasec:) and that their was duct tape on her face.
I don't think she was talking about the partying,or nanny lie,just these 3 issues.
Anyone else remember more?

Mock juror, please don't read this post. Any others can read my post by highlighting the sentence below. IMO

Cindy's mom (SP) said she thought Casey hated her mother more than she loved Caylee.

Use "whitesmoke" next time. ;)

Who is Dr. Bach and did they depose her? Did she submit a report in discovery process?

Yes, only HE can distinguish it, being that he is the president, ceo and founder of The Body Farm and all. :floorlaugh:

Good grief. First only Dr. Spitz can declare an autopsy thorough and correct. Now only Rodriguez can correctly distinguish human decomp. The defense team certainly is fortunate to have stumbled upon these oracles of wisdom, especially considering that lead counsel cannot even follow the most basic rules of criminal procedure.

I wonder how they manage to fit all those over-inflated egos on one little ol' defense team? :giggle:

I believe it has to dowith the Manner of Death...?? In Caylee case Dr. G. Had bones only to look at and could NOT find anything topoint to cause..but manner death requires a ME to review all the evidenciary information surrounding the victim to conclude whether the child did this herself?? or at the hands of another...

As example...Death by gunshot wound to head..COD
Manner of Death needs to rule out possible self infliction of that wound or by hands of another..and the only way to decide that is to look at all the known factors surrounding the death..

At least that is how I see it anyway :waitasec:

My point was that Caylee didn't seem to have any contact with children - in pre-school, a play group, Mom & tot class, or even children in the neighborhood. She spent most of her time with George, Cindy, Casey, and whoever Casey's friends were at any given time. To the best of my knowledge, Caylee had little or no contact with other children her age. There are no photos of her with other youngsters, and there appear to have been no children at one of her birthday parties. That is unusual.

I agree Bette....in all of the stories there are only one or two that references Caylee playing with another child and that is ImagiZach....I have not heard of any real instances in which Caylee had access to other children. KC had her @ the A home for the most part and off visiting friends, but to my knowledge very few of the friends had children for Caylee to play with...most of her exposure to play was with the adults she was exposed to or play by herself. It is not only that there are no pictures, there are also no confirmatory stories that she ever had access to other children. Little Caylee was left to entertain herself or entertain adults in all of the videos we have seen. Doesn't mean it never happened - but we have not heard of any opportunities that Caylee may have had to explore the world and play with other children. I think that is why it is so astounding....at least for me.

Not quoting, but summarizing. Please correct me anyone!

Bill S. said. That ICA could plea to the appeal court that there really was NO reason for the state/judge to call a mistrial. She could say that the jury was fine and there were no issues that should have caused this. ONE of the results of this position could be that the appeals court would rule that she was correct, that there should have been no mistrial, and that she would not be subjected to double jeopardy by being retried and therefore, could walk free.

Awesome information....darned if you do and darned if you don't ... weirdness surrounds so much in this case.

Am I remembering correctly this morning that JB said the witness showed up at JA's office and JA told him to "go away"
That is too comical, are we really supposed to believe that's what JA said....

The scenario cracks me up, arrive at office, JA opens door and says "go away"

yeah right....... i'm sure that's how it went down (sarcasm).

MOO

I agree.. what a load of cr*p... BUT ... if it is true.. WHAT THE HECK WAS JA diong at his office on Sunday? Fathers Day ...?? Doesn't this man ever take a day off !!!

IMO, court was canceled for the day because Baez didn't pump himself up this morning with the Miami Vice soundtrack (thanks eggtree news), so his mojo was all off.

I might be unusual too. No other kids have ever attended a birthday party for either boy.

I don't think that's unusual for a child who has no cousins or brothers and sisters to not have other children at their 2nd birthday party.

What is unusual, imo, is that a child of almost 3 apparently had no exposure to other children. When the child was supposed to be at a nanny's with other children, or at the park where other children play, or at the beach where other children are building sand castles, or at a sleepover with mom's friend and her children.... she was really just alone with her mom, living mom's lies. She was actually sleeping with mom and one of her boyfriends, grifting from acquaintance to acquaintance with con-mom, and/or possibly drugged by mom and passed out who knows where...

Being a Canadian, I have a bit of an outside view here in the court procedure here. What I see shocks me. Just how much money do the good tax player have to put up to pay for this madness? $10 million is surely a low number here. Does every charged person get this kind of money wasted on them? Of course not. The court's in Florida has been discriminating in favour of the media here from the beginning. A trial held for the media with no concept of reality involved is going on here. No system is perfect. But this system is ludicrous. Personally I like the Israeli three judge tribunal system. That system at least makes for a much quicker cheaper trial. Which is not a burden on the tax players. Gee a trial with no sidebars, no ethnologist or DNA 101 classes, etc... And lawyers that have to plea their case to the judges, not the media and the jurors as a secondary issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela