2011.06.20 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Twenty-three)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
awwww, poor ICA and JB the whole world is against them.
Everyone trying to conspire against them.
I have NEVER heard a lawyer WHINE as much as JB.

Why is it the guilty one is the one who always cries this.

Broken link. Did he use horribly vulgar language, grab bags and throw them and then elbow them on purpose like before?

http://twitpic.com/5ed1u6

326454414.jpg

:floorlaugh:

We arranged 'playdates' for our youngsters (according to our work limits). Then, mom's exchangd ideas on child rearing, cooking tips, and babysitting. Now our kids are grown and moved out. We arrange 'play dates' for our dogs these days and the 'moms' still exchange ideas on pet care/problems, cooking tips, and pet sitting. :floorlaugh:

:giggle: I would arrange play dates for my dogs but my shep will not allow other dogs near me.
ICA only spent time with her adult friends and in her mind Caylee was just going to have to learn to deal with that imo, I read somewhere that AH once commented on how she didn't like Caylee to be around adult situations.
I have trouble understanding how she allowed her daughter to sleep in her boyfriends bed between them.:banghead:

Caylee did have little playmates.....Zachary and Annabelle. Oh, wait! :innocent:

Nevermind....:frown:

I had a similar experience at the ballfield this weekend with a toddler sitting on her mother's lap singing this very song. When she saw the tears start to fill my eyes she said "let me sing a different song." Her selection? Jesus loves the little children. I had to walk away. I was too emotional.

:welcome: to Websleuths!

I just can't fathom that the State allowed that stipulation to end early go through. They got the Court's permission to delay the first 2 witnesses, and had the DT on the run, scrambling to get their next witness on the stand before HHJP got even angrier. Why, all of the sudden, did they let the DT off the hook? The judge clearly stated that both sides agreed to end early. I just don't get it.

Sometimes none of the choices are pretty. HHJP is going to make Baez pay big time at the end of this case, of that I am sure. I noticed HHJP's tone when he was talking this morning when he said something ...."these actions rendering the Court powerless...." He was PO'd. The quiet anger that you can be sure he will make sure someone pays for...it may be delayed until after trial, but Baez will pay. This time he has undermined Judge Perry and is trying to make him play the game. That was a HUGE mistake.

As far as the State going along with the stipulation, well...what were their choices? I seriously doubt they wanted to tick off Judge Perry anymore than he already was this morning. Sometimes you just bite the bullet, instead of cutting your nose off to spite your face.

I understand your point and...yes, it is extremely frustrating. But when the alternative is a mistrial and starting back over from square one, you do what you have to do. Baez will pay for it in the end....we just have to be patient.

Many people prefer the Blackberry or a droid to the Iphone. Actually the droid OS does much more than the Apple. I am surprised however that the attorneys prefer BB because they are so pompous and the Iphone has more prestige among phone snobs. lol jmo

My company issues BB because they are encrypted. It really lowers the change of a message being intercepted.

I believe the program was started in 1971, but the actual outdoor laboratory, which has become the Body Farm, was not started until 1981 when they were given the piece of land behind the Medical Hospital.

I think you are correct.

Snipped From the UTK site:

The Research Facility, opened at its present location in 1980 by Dr. William M. Bass, provides an ideal setting to scientifically document postmortem change. This outdoor field laboratory enables the investigation of parameters which are crucial in time since death estimates.

http://web.utk.edu/~fac/facilities.html

I believe this is the program Rodriguez was referring to in his testimony.

Does anyone have a link to the picture of precious Caylee sitting between the prosecutors,This pic says it all and would love to share with some of my friends.It sent shivers down my spine!

And how do we know she didn't. CA was two and 1/2 years old and very percocious for her age. She obviously did not sit in a room alone day after day. And these are just a few of the pictures we have seen. I am sure she had every toy available and most 2 year olds do not have a playhouse like that. I am so sad her little life was shortened, but I don't want to think in the life she did have she was deprived. jmo
I don't want to think that Caylee was deprived either. BUT, where are the other mothers that have witnessed their kids playing with Caylee, be it at J Blanchard Park, McDonalds, etc... Everyone in Orlando knows about this crime, everyone has seen the pictures of Caylee and Casey, if there were children that played with Caylee, wouldn't one of their parents have come forward ? We don't know that Caylee was deprived of playmates, but it does look that way to me. Caylee was afforded things, like the playhouse, by her Grandparents and that fact makes me happy.

I believe the program was started in 1971, but the actual outdoor laboratory, which has become the Body Farm, was not started until 1981 when they were given the piece of land behind the Medical Hospital.

I just watched a video on this site:

http://www.jeffersonbass.com/video_body_farm_and_beyond.html

It shows that the body farm started as a concrete slab in a chain link fence with a shed - perhaps this is what started in 1971 and then the big outddor complex was built in 1981? Would make sense.

This article was interesting:

http://archives.cnn.com/2000/HEALTH/10/31/body.farm/index.html

Being a Canadian, I have a bit of an outside view here in the court procedure here. What I see shocks me. Just how much money do the good tax player have to put up to pay for this madness? $10 million is surely a low number here. Does every charged person get this kind of money wasted on them? Of course not. The court's in Florida has been discriminating in favour of the media here from the beginning. A trial held for the media with no concept of reality involved is going on here. No system is perfect. But this system is ludicrous. Personally I like the Israeli three judge tribunal system. That system at least makes for a much quicker cheaper trial. Which is not a burden on the tax players. Gee a trial with no sidebars, no ethnologist or DNA 101 classes, etc... And lawyers that have to plea their case to the judges, not the media and the jurors as a secondary issue.

I have to disagree. There must be two countries called Canada or maybe each province is different, because I’m also a Canadian and Legal Aid does provide some of the worst of the worst (rapists, murderers and child abusers),with some of the best and most expensive defense attorneys around and often they get off because of the choice in attorneys they are allowed to make. In the Canada I live in, Canadians pay the legal aid bill. They do not have a cap on the amount, unlike divorce court.

As far as Florida goes, it is an open system with respect to media. I don't believe the court is holding the trial for the media, as you say, but rather to attempt to determine who killed this little one and in order to ensure it goes forward without a mistrial being called, the judge errs on the side of caution.

All systems have flaws and it is fair to recognize them, however, I highly doubt you really want to stand trial in Israel, especially if you are innocent. :waitasec:

I don't want to think that Caylee was deprived either. BUT, where are the other mothers that have witnessed their kids playing with Caylee, be it at J Blanchard Park, McDonalds, etc... Everyone in Orlando knows about this crime, everyone has seen the pictures of Caylee and Casey, if there were children that played with Caylee, wouldn't one of their parents have come forward ? We don't know that Caylee was deprived of playmates, but it does look that way to me. Caylee was afforded things, like the playhouse, by her Grandparents and that fact makes me happy.

What relevance to the case or public interest would there be just to say that their child played with Caylee in the park one day?

Rodrigues is mentioned in bass'ss book Deaths Acre in the first days of the body farm. I have not reread what is written on him as of yet.

Can I ask an OT question?
Why do attys prefer blackberries to iphones? I would think they would want an iphone for internet access that is greater but there has to be some reason...

I came to this question after the JB is a gentleman in court comment and thinking what gentleman texts all day long during testimony??

IMHO he is NOT texting...he is getting questions from someone....I have my thoughts as to who...but if you will notice he actually READS some of his questions to a witness. It is disgusting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove