2011.06.20 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Twenty-three)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Baez at it again

"On Monday, prosecutors also got a list of video that Casey's defense team intends to introduce as evidence. It includes photos that Cindy Anthony reportedly sold to 48 Hours, plus video of Casey and Caylee in the family living room and of their bedrooms."

http://www.wftv.com/news/28291971/detail.html

That article also says that the attorney for Zenaida Gonzales is requesting a handwritten letter from KC stating that Caylee had drowned and stating that she made up the story about the nanny. Its obvious that Zenaida Gonzales will win this suit. I can't imagine that Zenaida is not expecting any monetary award for this civil suit though.

I don't understand why JA didn't just accept the 1/2 page report from the expert, then object when JB started to question him e.g. "Objection Your Honor, witness's opinion is not in submitted report" (or whatever is the appropriate legal objection.

Why did he make more work for himself?

Unlike Baez, I don't think JA (or any of the Prosecution Team, for that matter) is afraid of hard work. Quite the contrary. I think he's dedicated to the job and, more specifically, dedicated to see that Caylee Marie's murderer is put where she rightfully belongs. In order to do that, he needs to be armed with as much information as possible. That includes getting the pertinent information from the DT, which he's entitled to, in a timely manner. He has and will continue to put in as much work as is humanly possible and necessary to get the job done. IMO, as always.

Here's a few pictures I captured for today (Monday, 6/20)!

Attachments

• jose trying to explain 5.jpg
    jose trying to explain 5.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 64
  • casey sidebar 5.jpg
    casey sidebar 5.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 73
  • first break waiting for first witness of day5.jpg
    first break waiting for first witness of day5.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 69
Baez at it again

"On Monday, prosecutors also got a list of video that Casey's defense team intends to introduce as evidence. It includes photos that Cindy Anthony reportedly sold to 48 Hours, plus video of Casey and Caylee in the family living room and of their bedrooms."

Oh good, now the prosecution can ask a computer forensics guy in rebuttal why KC deleted around 200 loving pictures of Caylee right after she "drowned".

:cool:

I don't understand why JA didn't just accept the 1/2 page report from the expert, then object when JB started to question him e.g. "Objection Your Honor, witness's opinion is not in submitted report" (or whatever is the appropriate legal objection.

Why did he make more work for himself?

Ashton did accept the 1/2 page report months ago. That is exactly why he never deposed him - there was no opinion rendered in that short report with which to form any intelligent questions to ask him.

It is UNHEARD OF to just drop by an attorney's office with a 2 page report and announce yourself immediately available for deposing. I have never heard of this and neither has Baez or anyone else. Who has a court reporter just hanging around their office on a Saturday? Baez knew this depo was never going to happen or else he would have been there with him. He would have wanted to attend the invis-depo.

This is the nuttiest case I have ever seen in my life.

NG showing old videos of ICA in her little shorts and her cap as she runs to avoid all the media as her 'bodyguards' whisk her into waiting cars...I had forgotten how mad this has made me and this reminded me....gag.

Were they laughing? I would have been thrown out for laughing too loud.

From the tweets I followed, jurors covering their mouths and snickers ... same for the gallery ... I would not have had that control and been thrown out too !

Ashton did accept the 1/2 page report months ago. That is exactly why he never deposed him - there was no opinion rendered in that short report with which to form any intelligent questions to ask him.

It is UNHEARD OF to just drop by an attorney's office with a 2 page report and announce yourself immediately available for deposing. I have never heard of this and neither has Baez or anyone else. Who has a court reporter just hanging around their office on a Saturday? Baez knew this depo was never going to happen or else he would have been there with him. He would have wanted to attend the invis-depo.

Baez said Saturday .. Ashton said it was Sunday, Father's Day ... Ashton was probably in the office instead of with his family because of the BS Jose pulled on Saturday and the 2 hour depo Ashton had to do of Rodrigues ...
Jose makes it sound like Ashton was supposed to be staffed and ready just in case ? and that Ashton was supposed to do it without Baez ? or Burdick ?
I believe Ashton didn't get Eikelenboom's report and 45 page powerpoint until today ... not sure if that's because Ashton "told him to go away" Sunday ...
Unbelievable ... huh?

Baez at it again

So, now we're going to sit around and watch Anthony home movies?

How are these items evidence?

From the tweets I followed, jurors covering their mouths and snickers ... same for the gallery ... I would not have had that control and been thrown out too !

Dr. Spitz even stated someone else put the hair back on the head for a few photos. I still don't understand why he said it but I still think its funny. Granted, Ashton made this interrogation of Dr. Spitz even better.

That article also says that the attorney for Zenaida Gonzales is requesting a handwritten letter from KC stating that Caylee had drowned and stating that she made up the story about the nanny. Its obvious that Zenaida Gonzales will win this suit. I can't imagine that Zenaida is not expecting any monetary award for this civil suit though.

I don't care if she does make money. At this point *I* want to sue JB on behalf of Florida tax payers.

Hmmm. Would that work?:floorlaugh:

Baez said Saturday .. Ashton said it was Sunday, Father's Day ... Ashton was probably in the office instead of with his family because of the BS Jose pulled on Saturday and the 2 hour depo Ashton had to do of Rodrigues ...
Jose makes it sound like Ashton was supposed to be staffed and ready just in case ? and that Ashton was supposed to do it without Baez ? or Burdick ?
I believe Ashton didn't get Eikelenboom's report and 45 page powerpoint until today ... not sure if that's because Ashton "told him to go away" Sunday ...
Unbelievable ... huh?

I don't believe there is any way possible that Baez thought Ashton was going to take Eikeleboom's deposition or he (or some other DT lawyer) would have been there with him. He'd have never sent him there alone. IMO

NG showing old videos of ICA in her little shorts and her cap as she runs to avoid all the media as her 'bodyguards' whisk her into waiting cars...I had forgotten how mad this has made me and this reminded me....gag.

I just saw that...She had HUGE bodyguards, I wonder in her demented mind if she thought/thinks she's some type of rockstar?:sick:

I don't believe there is any way possible that Baez thought Ashton was going to take Eikeleboom's deposition or he (or some other DT lawyer) would have been there with him. He'd have never sent him there alone. IMO

It was a setup to make it look like he was complying with the judge's order and that Ashton was being deliberately difficult and trying to make trouble for the DT. Blech.

I was just telling my old man that this case is more of a three ring circus than the OJ trial. Baez is ringmaster Ned.

Actually I was embarrassed for him.

"The pool creates the possibility of drowning"--Spitz. Me...the woods create the possibility of lightning. The street creates the possibility of being run over or falling on the curb. I can not understand how an expert can say the sentence he did as part of a legal proceeding.

LOL LOL I know! I LOLed at work when I heard that. I was like, "Man! I know! That's why I'm paranoid!" :crazy: Then I realized how ridiculous it sounded. (Thank you, years of therapy, for helping me to realize that.)

Now, let's look at this from the flip side. What if Ashton, court reporter in tow, had shown up at Eikeleboom (sp?) office,without notice or appointment, and said, okay sit down, we're here to take your deposition. ( on Father's day, no less)

I'm sure that would have had Baez running with coat tails flying to wherever he could to file a complaint. Ashton is trying to depose his witness with no notice and without him being present. IMO

I have to wonder what the expert witnesses think of all this. I suppose Dr. Rodriguez will be first up tomorrow. I'm almost afraid to tune in,but don't think I can look away : (

I have to wonder what the expert witnesses think of all this. I suppose Dr. Rodriguez will be first up tomorrow. I'm almost afraid to tune in,but don't think I can look away : (

I would be furious. They're wasting my time and making me look like an utter fool in front of millions of people, and associating my name with their antics. These experts come across bad here, but many of them are people who have worked hard their whole lives and really should not have been dragged or allowed themselves to be dragged into this mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maylon