2011.06.20 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Twenty-three)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not bashing the parents......but how could they have been so blind. First of all, I have 3 toddler grand children and the oldest was in day care for a few months at one time. My son gave me all the information and got all my information, just in case of emergency. I
can't believe they believed the story about the "Nanny". Also, my youngest (20 years old college girl) is a habitual liar......just lies, just to tell a lie. Lies all the time about school, grades, GPA, Credit hours, etc., etc., but I know how she lies and I check on her all the time and call her out on her lies. Other than the lies she is a good girl. Don't drink, smoke or drugs. Goes to a Christian College and church regularly. We have sought counseling for her habitual lies, but to no avail. But, we know her and knows how she lies. If she had a small child in her care, I would check to make sure everything she told me about that child was true. I can't see why Cindy did not check up on the Nanny story knowing how Casey lied.
JMO>

Dr. William Bass co-authored with Jon Jefferson "Death's Acre: Inside the Legendary Forensic Lab, The Body Farm, Where the Dead Do Tell Tales".

A book which I'm certain I'm not the only one reading right now. :D

I'm not putting you down because we all have different tastes, but am I the only one here who thinks that picture is weird and creepy?

Yeah, it didn't give me a good feeling for some reason. Not creepy, but just weird in a way to me. I understand the point of the picture though.

Whomever the 3rd witness was that was supposed to be "30 minutes" away, which, apparently was just another lie. But why not keep the iron pressing on the DT to produce someone, anyone at that point?

Reports have shown that the witness was there and on the witness stand- Dr. Boch, botany expert for the defense, so not having the witness there is not the reason court was recessed for the day.
I think it had to do with the jury- there was a doc filed about revealing names of jurors, which at this point would only be applicable if a juror was dismissed- no one would even think to release the names of active jurors during a trial. The Bailiff attended the last sidebar, the attys were called into chambers unexpectedly- so much so that JB and JA were not there ( don't know where they went) and then a court reporter followed JP into the jury room.
Me thinks something is up...

Whomever the 3rd witness was that was supposed to be "30 minutes" away, which, apparently was just another lie. But why not keep the iron pressing on the DT to produce someone, anyone at that point?

Because the jury had already been waiting all morning for nothing? I just don't think that Perry would have been willing to leave the jury in the room for another half hour or longer just because the State wanted to press on. I understand where you are coming from, I would have rather seen this happen myself, but from HHJP's standpoint, he wasn't going to see the jury be held any longer.

Too, wasn't both sides ordered to let each other know who the witnesses would be prior to taking the stand to give them time to prepare? If the 3rd witness was not due to appear until Tuesday or Wed., the prosecution may not have been ready for them either.

Everytime I hear JB's little speech this morning I get madder and madder!!! He has nerve to slander JA personally like he did using alot of what JP said on Saturday to him. Wonder who helped him write his little speech? Because it sure was nasty!!! This guy is so much like Casey, no remorse whatsoever and blames everyone but himself!!!!!!! Sickening!!!

I clearly heard CM's voice coming from the Puppet!

I agree kids should be socialized early on with other kids. But my family is tight and the kids are close in age so they play w/ their cousins who live 3 doors up. Sure they play w/ other kids, but their cousins are like extended siblings.

I doubt Caylee played with other children. Quickies at McDonalds doesnt count, IMO. Relationships with other kids are necessary to their healthy developement. You don't get a relationship at McDonalds playing on the play area things while your mother sits back OBSERVING and texting on her phone. Not a "fact in evidence" but you know Casey considered this good mothering. JMO.

It's been stated before, would you agree that having other kids pictures associated with this case is not a good thing? Perhaps pictures and videos of her around other children are withheld for that reason. We can't definitely say she has not been around other children. I am not one to talk, because both of my children are rarely around other children and when they are, they rather play together.

I'm not putting you down because we all have different tastes, but am I the only one here who thinks that picture is weird and creepy?

You're not the only one. I like the concept and the idea, but I think the final product is a bit "creepy" for lack of a better word.

Matter of taste. I don't find it creepy. It made me smile. Was unexpected but cute. After all, many illustrations, avatars, etc. show angels hovering above individuals and we accept that because we're many of us accustomed from childhood onwards to seeing and accepting such images

No. Not creepy at all, imo. In fact, I like it. Like it so much, I'd like KC to see it :giggle:

Reports have shown that the witness was there and on the witness stand- Dr. Boch, botany expert for the defense, so not having the witness there is not the reason court was recessed for the day.
I think it had to do with the jury- there was a doc filed about revealing names of jurors, which at this point would only be applicable if a juror was dismissed- no one would even think to release the names of active jurors during a trial. The Bailiff attended the last sidebar, the attys were called into chambers unexpectedly- so much so that JB and JA were not there ( don't know where they went) and then a court reporter followed JP into the jury room.
Me thinks something is up...

Perhaps I missed it but I don't recall seeing any witness being called into court this morning and taking the stand.:waitasec:

IMHO he is NOT texting...he is getting questions from someone....I have my thoughts as to who...but if you will notice he actually READS some of his questions to a witness. It is disgusting.

Me thinks he gets some of his questions from his client:

“Did you ask her [Casey Anthony] if she ever committed suicide?”

"So you found, products that could be found in meat, and products that could be found in marijuana? ....Couldn't someone have had the munchies?"

I am seriously wondering if Jeff Ashton goes home everyday and either beats his head against a wall or takes a hammer and smashes something with it. I would have to do one of those things to deal with Baez everyday. Or drink wine and try to forget about it. I sure hope he's watching his blood pressure these days. I really feel for him. Baez has to be the worst lawyer on the planet, and I can't imagine putting up with him for almost three years and then putting up with him daily in a trial. I would lose my mind completely!

Some of that is encouraging, but I mostly did my reading via the major news online reporting. Mainly a reposting of the AP article by most. It made no mention of the cross exam, and strictly reported that Dr. S said the work was Shoddy on the autopsy. Nothing about him knowing little facts in the case or how he was exposed with his hysterical supposition of duct tape being put on after the fact. Disappointing to me. I noticed the online voting go up in favor of Dr. S here as those reports of the day came out because I can see how one could ascertain that from just the larger news reporting. Even the short reports on CNN and HLN and other channels seemed to be guided via the AP report with no mention of the cross examine.

I mentioned this before Broderick but will again because it may have gotten lost in the quick flow of posting this morning.

I was on full rant yesterday because I wanted to see how the major news sites reported the destruction of Dr. Spitz yesterday. So went through CNN, Fox, etc and all had almost an identical article that described some of Dr. Spitz's testimony, but nothing about JA's cross - nothing at all.

So as I was raving to myself about who wrote this garbage, I looked a little further and saw it was from Associated Press, which all sites used. Then at the bottom of the article, in little print was the note of three names who wrote the piece - all from In Sessions - in other words HLN. So there you have it - no reporting and complete rubbish. :banghead:

I woke up late today ,and missed half of sat tried to catch up ,watched part of this mornings battle of the bulge and still I am very lost.

So I read some of the trial thread from the 18th (over 2,000 post)and saw people mentioning Dr Bass (not Vass) did he testify?

Is anyone doing wake up calls for the trial? I worked nights and wow..This 4 hour sleep then wake for court is getting difficult.

----------------
I believe Dr.Bass has passed away. The Body Farm is such a good read,not biased toward anyone..:seeya:

from re-listening to the testimony.

It was actually JB (naturally!) who asked if Dr R was a co-founder and Dr R expounded and talked about being in Dr B's office and discussing creating the facility and then how he helped build it and that Dr B recruited him etc. I believe he stated he was actually Dr B's student at that time so I think co-founder in the sense of equal contribution is misleading. Dr R appears to have helped CONSTRUCT the facility, built walls, poured concrete and probably helped with the experiments there but I think Dr B was the intellect behind the facility.

I'm wrong - on Dr. bass book site says he and his research students started the research on the small pad site in 198l:

http://www.jeffersonbass.com/photos_da.php?id=4

perhaps this is why Dr. BR said he was a cofounder.

Who has been conspicuously missing from all the talks shows the last few days. Maybe she's finally become too embarassed to be his mouthpiece?

But, her husband has been on them spouting the same trash. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member