2011.06.20 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Twenty-three)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the point when they can just see the prior testimony on TV or the internet?

Hey Donj!

And good point. I was some jurors of a prior trial and they had tv but only channels like the cartoon netwotrk (whoopty) Food Network and... well, you get the idea.

The internetS (with an S heh) is another story since folks get that on phones now unless - they snatched their phones. (Probably obvious, but IDK)

hugs woman. :)

Forgive me, I don't know where to ask this question. Is there somewhere I can find all the transcripts of sidebars thus far? In one spot? Also, have todays sidebar transcripts been made public yet? Thanks

"Jose stepped into the batters box now he cant ask people to throw it to him underhanded." - WESH 2 legal expert Jeff Deen - @bobkealing

I don't think JB cares either.

It's pretty sad when you can't present a proper case so then your only hope is to try to make a mistrial happen.

I doubt JB cares about his future as a practicing lawyer either. He's made all types of new friends during the past three years. LKB, Geraldo, AL, etc. He's probably the next talking head we'll see on HLN as a legal consultant.

They will drop him faster than you can blink when this trial is completed. They will use him to get the big interview then kiss him bye-bye.:woohoo:

Several TH's also noted that the man had not been in trouble since that time. I hope that he is not ruined by this unethical notoriety.

Good to know that VT has not been in any trouble with the law since his conviction. I hope he continues to walk the straight and narrow.

Personally, I'm not concerned with how this trial has brought unwanted notoriety his way. He's a convicted felon - DV kidnapping, IIRC. I noticed how his attorney tried to downplay the conviction, as if it was no big deal. His attorney stated "It was just a domestic dispute". If it was such a minor disagreement, then how was it that he was convicted of felony DV kidnapping and served a 10 year sentence? GMAB, Mr. Hale.

I don't think he has anything at all to do with this case, and I think it's beyond ridiculous for JB to try to connect him, but I'm personally glad his felony DV kidnapping conviction has been made public knowledge.

But then, I admit I'm biased about DV kidnapping felons, since my daughter was kidnapped and almost murdered by her ex 3 years ago.

VT (and his attorney) can cry me a river, as far as I'm concerned.

No, he is not dead!

Ok, you made me do this. THis is me with Dr. Bass a month ago at his book signing. I love this man. incidently, he signed my book "Dr. Vass did great"! refering to the pre-trial hearing that had taken place the week before.

Oh coco puff, I'm so glad you shared this with us!! I loved noticing the skulls on the tablecloth, too. I think you should consider using this as your avatar!

:tyou:

Speaking of unethical......

One of the talking head shows from Friday or Saturday had Wendy Murphy....I don't normally like her commentary, however she was PIZZED to the max about the unethical behavior being done by the defense team in this case. She was so disgusted she could hardly talk. She said it is a huge problem as to how the judicial system has evolved to this....dirty courtroom tactics, trial by ambush, leaks to the media, etc. and something should be done. IMHO today's antics by JB wherein he pushed HHJP up against the proverbial wall shows just that. He is playing dirty, hoping for a mistrial or an appealable issue and it simply isn't right. HHJP seems to be an honest and upstanding man, attorney, judge who really really takes the rules of court very seriously. I think he is personally and professionally insulted by the likes of JB.

Forgive me, I don't know where to ask this question. Is there somewhere I can find all the transcripts of sidebars thus far? In one spot? Also, have todays sidebar transcripts been made public yet? Thanks

You have to request a transcript from the court reporter. Lots-o-dough.
Media gets only the ones they want. Which so far have been few.

I believe he doesnt know anything. Plus he has been to court before . All this man had to do was get up and tell the truth. There is not anything to twist or distort in what we all know happened.

So what is the problem?
Will he be asked leading questions and tryed to be made to look like there was conversations yes ,but there were not and it can and would be proven in court.

It wouldnt even get past the was your phone number 333-3333 in 7-08.
No sir it was not.

I disagree. They would have tried to dirty him up first and they would have made it appear as though he were lying about it not being his number yet.

There was a phone directory which apparently had false information. They would have entered that directory into evidence and TRIED to make it seem like it was still possible the communication had occurred.

He is a convicted felon and they would have tried to impeach him with his past. That is dirty tricks imo. And they should be ashamed of themselves but they are not, I am sure of that.

Can anyone quickly tell me if any part of what took place this morning was the State's doing? TIA

Thank you for asking this...I keep thinking I'll finally get to a post that tells me what I missed from this morning regarding the State's behavior / contributions to HHJBP's verbal reprimand.

I watched the videos from today on wftv and still can't figure it out.

Here's an interesting Google search: Florida sanctioned attorneys

From one of the search results:

Two Florida lawyers who called each other a “*advertiser censored*” and “scum sucking loser” in escalating e-mail insults have been sanctioned by the state supreme court.

Nicholas Mooney of Tampa, a lawyer representing Volkswagen of America, received a public reprimand and must take a class on professionalism, according to the St. Petersburg Times. He is identified as a former partner at Hinshaw & Culbertson and a lawyer for Bromagen & Rathet on the law firm’s website. Kurt Mitchell of Palmetto, an accident lawyer who is identified as “an experienced litigator and biker” on his website, was suspended for 10 days and must attend an anger management class, the story says.

:floorlaugh:​

Quoted from "Lawyers call each other retards, Get Sanctioned By Florida Supreme Court"

so i'm re-watching opening statements and JB mentioned Cindy's co-workers who heard comments from Cindy about the ladder being down on June 17th....think we'll see those people testify for the defense??

I was wondering about those witnesses too. I think since JB's failure to provide witnesses that can definitely refute the prosecution's stellar witness's on the subject of the smell in the car being decomposition, he needs some help. I don't even understand even if the prosecution has failed to prove that there was a body in the car and therefore decomposition was occuring, where JB was expecting the juror to think that the body was. I'm thinking he's going to leave that out for them to figure out. I think his only way to possibly instill some doubt in the jury that Caylee was not murdered by KC and instead drowned is to bring up some witnesses that point to Cindy's talk of the pool ladder. Also, JG said something when speaking to LE that he believed that if there was an accident that KC would go into a denial and cover the accident up. I was thinking JG was a good witness for the defense, but I don't know if his opinion would be let in as often opinion's of non-experts don't seem to be considered pertinent.

Here's an interesting Google search: Florida sanctioned attorneys

From one of the search results:

Two Florida lawyers who called each other a “*advertiser censored*” and “scum sucking loser” in escalating e-mail insults have been sanctioned by the state supreme court.

Nicholas Mooney of Tampa, a lawyer representing Volkswagen of America, received a public reprimand and must take a class on professionalism, according to the St. Petersburg Times. He is identified as a former partner at Hinshaw & Culbertson and a lawyer for Bromagen & Rathet on the law firm’s website. Kurt Mitchell of Palmetto, an accident lawyer who is identified as “an experienced litigator and biker” on his website, was suspended for 10 days and must attend an anger management class, the story says.

:floorlaugh:​

Quoted from "Lawyers call each other retards, Get Sanctioned By Florida Supreme Court"

thank god i don't have soda in my mouth when i read this ROFL :floorlaugh:

I don't think JB cares either.

It's pretty sad when you can't present a proper case so then your only hope is to try to make a mistrial happen.

I doubt JB cares about his future as a practicing lawyer either. He's made all types of new friends during the past three years. LKB, Geraldo, AL, etc. He's probably the next talking head we'll see on HLN as a legal consultant.

Ya know what? What ever channel hires him, I will stop watching. I will stop watching everything on that channel, not just news with JoseB on it, but every single show they have on their station. :furious:

We don't know for sure, do we, that court was called off due to lack of witness availability? I did not hear the judge say a reason, did I miss that?

Thank you for asking this...I keep thinking I'll finally get to a post that tells me what I missed from this morning regarding the State's behavior / contributions to HHJBP's verbal reprimand.

I watched the videos from today on wftv and still can't figure it out.

From what I understand it was all the defense. But I could be wrong.

I often feel comaraderie with JA....we're very much the same...if I have to deal with anyone being willfully stupid I have a hard time controlling myself too :)

I've often found in my life the higher the intelligence of the person the more likely they are to use sarcasm to make a point.

BBM. That's strange, because I've often noticed the opposite. JA isn't sarcastic, IMO, not considering the true definition of "sarcasm". But many people are confused on the true meaning of that word.

We don't know for sure, do we, that court was called off due to lack of witness availability? I did not hear the judge say a reason, did I miss that?

:waitasec:
I thought it was called off so the state could do a depo with whoever JoseB wanted to put on the stand.

I know there is probably no average time, but how long *should* or would it take for a jury to come to a descision on this case. In other words, what is the average length of time for a jury to deliberate on murder trials?

I think he wants a mistrial because he wants out...he would not have to be on board the next time around and that way, he is not the losing attorney of record. I don't even think he cares if he is disbarred at this point, I think he has his eye on other things. He knows there won't be an aquittal, so a mistrial is next best thing for him, as he can't count on a hung jury to get one. I think he will cause one deliberately if his antics alone don't do it. If he blurts out something that can't be ignored, or if Casey does, judge might have to call one, as much as he hates to do it.
I've been fiend-reading and skimming like a crazy trying to catch up, but could someone give me (without going to a lot of trouble) a.... (as they call it) a, "Reader's Digest Condensed Version" of what Jose's antics entail?

I mean the ones that seem to indicate that he's either not cut out for this or that he is doing it deliberately.

And why are the judges hands tied? (figuratively)

Pls forgive my ignorance on this, but Im confundida. (confused) What did he get away with already? or what is he seeming to try to be "fixin" to get away with?

TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member