2011.06.21 TRIAL Day Twenty-four (Afternoon Session)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, that was sneaky. Didn't the state object to the items going out of the country for DNA testing?

I think so. A kid that was railroaded by a tunnel visioned cop. He was able to after 30 years extract dna that did not match him, but the womans exhusband. He first tries to recreate the how the crime sceen occured, then marks specific places most probable to contain DNA. He's really a nice guy, and from a guy who's been to Holland before, a farm with a barn is a really nice place :)

Not sure what you mean. Holland is one of the most modern countries in the world when it comes to business, science, culture, etc., and one of the most beautiful when it comes to the farms, cities, buildings, etc.

On another note, anyone know what the state didn't depose this guy until recently?

Even being able to test and find DNA at 3 weeks, it was 31 days before anybody knew Caylee was gone and another 5 months before here body was found. So how is 'touch' DNA going help the defense in this case?

Seriously, why would prosecution NOT want all DNA found? JB seems to think there's a big conspiracy theory out against his client!

The more JB speaks, the more holes and opportunities I'M seeing for JA to address on cross, and I'm not an attorney nor an expert in DNA. Good grief.

but... there was no dna on the tape except the fbi contamination lady which the defense called LOL..

this is crazy

Exactly, nurse!

While I certainly appreciate all this secondary education on DNA, entomology, forensic pathology, etc., it would really be nice if we could get to the case at hand.

sigh...

WDBO AM 580 WDBO
When Jeff Ashton objects he festers all the way to the sidebar ... #CaseyAnthony

While attorneys move to sidebar, Perry remains seated a little longer then typical before getting up. #CaseyAnthony -jfell
by cfnews13casey via twitter at 12:57 PM

I'm feeling really stupid right now because I am totally lost with this testimony.
Is ALL this really all for proving there may have been a DNA profile under the contaminated profile on the Duct tape? really???

He DID say that extracting DNA from the duct tape that had gone through the conditions this duct tape had gone through would be difficult.

Not sure what you mean. Holland is one of the most modern countries in the world when it comes to business, science, culture, etc., and one of the most beautiful when it comes to the farms, cities, buildings, etc.

On another note, anyone know what the state didn't depose this guy until recently?

because he was going to testify to things that were not in his report... oh wait.. he didn't even have a report!!! (seriously not making this up :-)

ICA just does not look normal today. I think she was all prepped for the possible R.C. testimony, and it didn't happen.

Ahhhhh...now I get it....Mason's reason to be on the DT, is as a 'sidebar monitor.' *rolleyes*

*crickets*

I pity the poor jurors. At least we can go to the loo, or grab a snack, or change the channel. They are a captive audience!

I've got it....why doesn't the state get up and ask if the DNA could have been ZFGs? If he say "yes it could have been"...then the accidental drowning is off the table. Just bring it right back to ZFG.

Here's teh huge problem with all of this. The huge point that JB seems to completely miss (I would assume some clever strategy, but this is JB). While the E's technique CAN sometimes find a profile from harsh conditions, it is neither guaranteed nor expected to. Being able to sometimes do something does not mean that the failure to do so on a given occasion has evidentiary value.

He is just trying to get on record that Eikelenbloom could have tested but was not 'permitted' to. No one can now say what he might have found, or not...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member