2011.06.21 TRIAL Day Twenty-four (Afternoon Session)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like this guy and get the feeling he is being 100% truthful. He just doesn't seem to have an agenda to me. Maybe he does but I don't see it.

I feel sorry for him in a way. He was called to be a witness and testify for the defense, and frankly from what I heard JB tried to blame his own screw up on him. He looked a little blind sided to me at the beginning of his testimony. And yeah, now he's at a place where it's getting boring, and not very helpful to the jury.

I feel so bad for HHJP. He's been amazing this whole time. I hope when this trial is over he takes a long vacation.

I know I missed something here:

RichardHornsby Richard Hornsby
@
@JessicaSteck panties, panties, panties, panties, panties, panties, panties, panties, panties, panties, panties, #CaseyAnthony
4 minutes ago

What, I'm not sure.

Not sure what you mean. Holland is one of the most modern countries in the world when it comes to business, science, culture, etc., and one of the most beautiful when it comes to the farms, cities, buildings, etc.

On another note, anyone know what the state didn't depose this guy until recently?

No expert report submitted on time.

CFNews13Casey Casey Anthony News13
Juror 2 rocks back and forth, looks up at ceiling and closes his eyes. #CaseyAnthony #sidebar

One juror leans forward, some stretch (but don't get up) during sidebar. #CaseyAnthony -jfell

Ashton is very loud during this sidebar but still can't tell what he is saying. #CaseyAnthony -jfell

As the sidebar continues...prosecutors are watching the transcript of what is said at the bench on their laptop.

by Gabe Travers/WESH.com via mobile at 11:58 AM

Well, well, well....

Looks like we've found out what all this is about. JB is trying to imply that the SA prevented the Dr from testing the tape and finding SOMEONE'S DNA.

However, the Dr has already stated that JB DIDN'T ASK HIM TO TEST IT!

Ahhhhh...now I get it....Mason's reason to be on the DT, is as a 'sidebar monitor.' *rolleyes*

That thought popped into my head about 10 secs ago. I think he has to ESPLAIN...as in, Lucy you got some 'splainin to do.... to JB just what the objection is all about and what the judge's ruling mean.

He is just trying to get on record that Eikelenbloom could have tested but was not 'permitted' to. No one can now say what he might have found, or not...

Heck, well let's give him a go at it! :crazy:

help me out here - he didn't test the tape, even tho' he offered to test the tape, jb didn't accept his offer. So what is his testimony? - that there might have been dna on the tape?

IIRC, Baez asked the court for permission to have the tape sent to this guy, BUT he didn't have a laboratory in the USA at that time. HHJP told Baez he wouldn't let the evidence be sent to the Netherlands.

I have to say, this is the first time I've seen JB perform in a competent, "lawyerly" manner. Not that I'm convinced the witnesse's testimony is relevant thus far. But JB is holding his own with this witness at least. Also, I'm finding this witness credible. JA would do well to not approach this witness as though he himself is on trial. I don't think the jury will have as dubious of a response to this witnesses testimony as witnesses in the previous days. And JA's tone is coming across as too aggressive and condescending with this particular witness IMO. It is a performance to a large degree and I wish he'd tailor his demeanor accordingly.

Juror 17 smiled as he looked up at the balcony. Not sure what he saw.
by Gabe Travers/WESH.com via mobile at 1:59 PM

Juror #14 (the one I thought should B foreman if he makes it on jury) is NOT wearing blazer 2day in #caseyanthony 1rst time Ive seen this
by abcashleigh via twitter at 1:59 PM

Juror 2 rocks back and forth, looks up at ceiling and closes his eyes. #CaseyAnthony #sidebar
by cfnews13casey via twitter at 1:59 PM

One juror leans forward, some stretch (but don't get up) during sidebar. #CaseyAnthony -jfell
by cfnews13casey via twitter at 1:58 PM

I would think the jury was ready to get back to court after all the sequestration. I cannot imagine them being bored! Good grief! No tv, no computer, no news...if I were a juror, I would actually look forward to court. Not being snarky, I just always think about this when reports of the jury getting bored with testimony.

If I had to sit through this particular testimony knowing the only dna found was from the fbi....I would be ready to go back to the hotel pool! Atleast when I listen to every word here...I can read thread & chat with you guys during sidebars. It's the only thing keeping me from tying up my sweater like a bag lady:crazy:

MagpieFromHinky Pamela
sidebar. sidebar what cha gonna do what cha gonna do when the judge is smacking you.
40 seconds ago

by cfnews13casey via twitter at 2:59 PM

God Bless these jurors!

So what is the point here? There was no DNA. JB keeps acting like "Well there's DNA in other cases sooo..." Ok, JB - so... what?

Is he going to say that GA used some sort of magic DNA-be-gone machine that he has developed (and probably plans to sell for profit, lol). Sorry I don't get it.

IMO It should have not been allowed.

Not sure what you mean. Holland is one of the most modern countries in the world when it comes to business, science, culture, etc., and one of the most beautiful when it comes to the farms, cities, buildings, etc.

On another note, anyone know what the state didn't depose this guy until recently?

Because he never submitted a report of his findings, opinions based of which facts and so on..Basically his affidavit outlined his field of expertise..and thats it..His report was given to JA just this past weekend..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr. Clean